Lol! Bill Bennett Blames The Show "weeds" For Increased Marijuana Use!

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

first i find the one with the current drug czar and then the former! found these stories back to back... wonder who's gonna be blamin what next?

http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2010/sep/24/bill_bennett_blames_weeds_increa

be sure to read the comments section... SPECIFICALLY the breast feeding comment. it's been quite a while since i read something that made me laugh so hard. :lol:

Weeds season 6, episode 1: Shane whacks woman with coquette mallet. Woman with busted skull falls into pool.

U.S. Christmas 2010: increased demand for coquette sets.

Although, I think it would be more fun to smack my complain tooth out her mouth because she didn’t wait in the car like I told her (I like that scean).

Bennett may be right. Remember when Dan Quall (Mr. Pototoe Head) told us how family values were destroyed because the unmarried Murphy Brown had a baby. As Americans, we look toward television to tell us what to do. But during the past twenty years, television has been telling us wrong.

Guest finallyfree09

from the first time i saw this show it was obvious that this was not really so much of a comedy but a depiction of what could happen to ANYONE in "nancy botwin's" position in REAL LIFE. there is some dry humor here and there and some really funny parts here and there but mostly, this show is no comedy.

to me, this show is a message to americans. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. what if your husband or wife passed away and in one fateful moment you were aproached by, what seem to be, good people with a foolproof way to make some cash? growing weed? "well... that stuff doesn't kill anybody," you might say. while it is true that marijuana DOES NOT kill ANYONE it is extremely true that violent cartels are involved in some parts of the marijuana business and they most certainly DO kill people.

this show is a perfect illustration of what prohibition of marijuana can lead to. this show is, imo, NOT a reason why americans "smoke pot" but is a perfect example of why americans should be demanding that the war on marijuana is ended immediately.

tell me... how many "nancy botwins" are REALLY out there? how many of those "nancy's" are in it up to their necks in the same bunny muffin that our favorite primetime drug-dealing mom is in? how many of the kids out there that have a mom like nancy would whack somebody in the head with a croquette mallet because they feel a little threatened? how many families have been turned into the botwins as a result of the continuing war against marijuana?

sadly, i think that there are many women, AND men out there that are forced into doing what nancy does because they see no other way out of their situation. the drug war breeds families like the botwins. the drug war is the only reason a show like weeds is popular and will REMAIN popular.

what i believe is that this show is like a giant elephant in the room. weeds is a perfect example why marijuana prohibition does not work in any way shape or form. this show is like an educational film on why NOT to enact a prohibition against any substance. look at all the violence happening...

i say to you mr bennett... you reap what you sow. or should i say... WE reap what you sow and then your sorry donkey sits back and points fingers. just remember billy boy... whenever you point the finger at somebody there are three more pointing RIGHT BACK AT YOU.

kill prohibition, kill the cartels, save our children.... in that order

Archived