Lost Newbie

Hi everyone.

I tried to read to see if I could find an answer to my question but there is a lot of material I was drowning a little. I apologize if this is a repeat and will take my forum smack downs as they come.

That being said...

I made an appointment with a doctor and paid a bunch of money to fill out paperwork. He wanted me to sign something that basically said "I tried medical marijuana and it worked for me so now I want to do it legally". I declined to sign...since I haven't tried medical mj and I have no idea if it will work to relieve my pain. But I've tried everything else so I'm gonna try this!

The doctor handed me a MDCH application that has two parts highlighted. Section A is my information and Section E is my attestation/signature. He filled out Section C (Person allowed to possess Patient's Marihuana Plants) and he marked the box next to Applicant/Patient And then filled out his info for Section D.

My question is: Does this mean I have to grow my own stuff? ME?? Someone who kills cacti?

After he filled out the info he told me...I know a guy, I'll give him your number, but I've never heard from this caregiver. When I asked him what strains I should be looking for to use he told me to look on the internet for all my questions.

I'm flustered. If I knew anything about this, I wouldn't care about the in-and-out attitude but I genuinely thought I'd be getting...I dunno...care. Dosage, strain info...

I'm at a total loss of what to do. I heard so many great stories about people like me who are sensitive to other drugs or resistant finding relief from the constant pain and I want that.

Can anyone help guide me here? What do I do? If I don't have a caregiver marked on the application, does that mean I can't have one and have to grow my own? I was really hoping to get a no "B-S" caregiver who knew their stuff and could help my ignorant self out. Do certain caregivers have certain strains?

Sorry, I'm frustrated and going on a bit long here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All my best,

G.

You have two choices grow your own or assign yourself a caregiver after you two discuss what the donation per ounce is and how much you would be needing monthly .

I have been growing since June of 09 and i was just as bad as you at first but fast forward to sept 2010 and now i can grow with the best of them everything you need to know can be answered here regarding the cultivation of good medicine .

This is a small sample of what you can grow by doing a simple goggle search.

Dr greenthumbs Bubba kush

september202520032.jpg

Sounds like your doc got you set up to be your own primary CG. In one sense, this expedites the process of you being able to legally carry up to 2.5oz, assuming you already have a legit or non-legit CG connection. Once you've passed the waiting period, you can carry. If you don't plan grow it yourself, then you'll have to find a CG (and it sounds like the doc probably has a guy (or a few guys) with open patient slots and probably gets a hush hush kickback from it. Say every patient the doc sends their way, they give the doc $500 or something if you two connect.

In order to switch from yourself as your own primary CG to someone else, you'll have to pay $10 to the state, but since you've already been approved for use the CG doesn't have to wait as long before becoming your provider.

As far as strains go, there are thousands of strains and crosses out there, but not everyone has really easy access. While there isn't much written in the law about seed companies, some people only grow from clones of plants they know to be good where as some will grow from bag seed, and others will special order strains from one of the big seed companies. This link has a good list of strains/ailments: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18104-medical-cannabis-list-and-effects-2009/ granted most of the ailments that are eased are anecdotal and not scientific.

Sounds like your doc is a "feed you through the system" kind of doc and not spending appropriate time with you.

Hi everyone.

I tried to read to see if I could find an answer to my question but there is a lot of material I was drowning a little. I apologize if this is a repeat and will take my forum smack downs as they come.

That being said...

I made an appointment with a doctor and paid a bunch of money to fill out paperwork. He wanted me to sign something that basically said "I tried medical marijuana and it worked for me so now I want to do it legally". I declined to sign...since I haven't tried medical mj and I have no idea if it will work to relieve my pain. But I've tried everything else so I'm gonna try this!

The doctor handed me a MDCH application that has two parts highlighted. Section A is my information and Section E is my attestation/signature. He filled out Section C (Person allowed to possess Patient's Marihuana Plants) and he marked the box next to Applicant/Patient And then filled out his info for Section D.

My question is: Does this mean I have to grow my own stuff? ME?? Someone who kills cacti?

After he filled out the info he told me...I know a guy, I'll give him your number, but I've never heard from this caregiver. When I asked him what strains I should be looking for to use he told me to look on the internet for all my questions.

I'm flustered. If I knew anything about this, I wouldn't care about the in-and-out attitude but I genuinely thought I'd be getting...I dunno...care. Dosage, strain info...

I'm at a total loss of what to do. I heard so many great stories about people like me who are sensitive to other drugs or resistant finding relief from the constant pain and I want that.

Can anyone help guide me here? What do I do? If I don't have a caregiver marked on the application, does that mean I can't have one and have to grow my own? I was really hoping to get a no "B-S" caregiver who knew their stuff and could help my ignorant self out. Do certain caregivers have certain strains?

Sorry, I'm frustrated and going on a bit long here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All my best,

G.

when did you submit your application? has the 20 day period elapsed?

when did you submit your application? has the 20 day period elapsed?

I haven't mailed it out yet because i wasn't sure if once I did mail it out, if I can change to a caregiver if I find one or if I find out I can't grow a thing. LOL

So the 20 days haven't elapsed. I think I'm going to take some of the great advice above and see about figuring out the strain I need, or the hybrid of strains I need for the symptoms I have and attempt to be my own caregiver. Not what I want to do but it could work out for the best.

Thanks so much to everyone who answered me. I appreciate the time and patience.

All my best,

Gin

Hi everyone.

First off, while I can appreciate a doctor trying to help you with your forms... it is not his decision or place to be filling out any portion of that form, much less to be deciding whether you will grow for yourself or not. You do not have to send in the form as it is filled out currently, and can easily download and print that exact form from HERE.

The advice given by others is good, choosing a caregiver is something that should be done only with trust and an understanding of expectations (of both of you) up front. If you do not choose one prior to sending in your application, it will cost you $10 to change it later. There is a form for doing that as well and all other forms can be found http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869_52139---,00.html

Good luck to you.

I haven't mailed it out yet because i wasn't sure if once I did mail it out, if I can change to a caregiver if I find one or if I find out I can't grow a thing. LOL

So the 20 days haven't elapsed. I think I'm going to take some of the great advice above and see about figuring out the strain I need, or the hybrid of strains I need for the symptoms I have and attempt to be my own caregiver. Not what I want to do but it could work out for the best.

Thanks so much to everyone who answered me. I appreciate the time and patience.

All my best,

Gin

sounds like you went to one of the traveling clinics! trust me the dr. did you a favor marking patient posseses plants, you dont have to grow your own if you dont want to, Im sure there are many good c.g's out there, but i prefer to be my own, you can still have a friend or some one get you going, It realy is not that hard to do, and it is very rewarding watching your plants grow!

Take your time, post some more questions on here, do some reading, and im sure you will do ok, I have not been to any c.c meetings myself, but from what i hear there are many good people that go to them, you may find what you need there,

Good Luck to You!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived