Newbie With A Couple Questions

P.J.

I am new here but i have 2 questions...First, In 2005 My wife and I were hit by a drunk driver going 60+MPH and both thrown from the car...Since that day i have had severe neck pain which i have had multiple MRI's done and nothing shows in them (believe it's a soft tissue injury). I've went through Phys Therapy and ended up in more pain...Since the accident i have been with and with Health Ins. so my visits have been spuradic...I do take pain meds when i have no other choice such as vicodin but hate to take them...Would i have to pull all my Med Records to show it's been an ongoing issue? and Question 2, If i do get certified is it reported to anyone ? Such as Health Insurance company,Employer?...Posted this under ask Dr.Bob but figured i'd copy it here to see if anyone could responde faster.... thanks in Advance

I am new here but i have 2 questions...First, In 2005 My wife and I were hit by a drunk driver going 60+MPH and both thrown from the car...Since that day i have had severe neck pain which i have had multiple MRI's done and nothing shows in them (believe it's a soft tissue injury). I've went through Phys Therapy and ended up in more pain...Since the accident i have been with and with Health Ins. so my visits have been spuradic...I do take pain meds when i have no other choice such as vicodin but hate to take them...Would i have to pull all my Med Records to show it's been an ongoing issue? and Question 2, If i do get certified is it reported to anyone ? Such as Health Insurance company,Employer?...Posted this under ask Dr.Bob but figured i'd copy it here to see if anyone could responde faster.... thanks in Advance

Your Pain, acording to the regulations needs to be SEVER and CHRONIC (ongoing) Vicodin is usually taken for Moderate pain...SEVER would usually require something stronger..but what do I know only doin meds for 35 years.. But the way it seems to be these days a hangnail or a brused toe will do the trick! Get the card while you can I doubt this will last for too much longer. But to directly answer our ?? Your M.D. or D.O. would have to write in your chart your pain status, bring it to your Clinic/ Hotel Certifying Doctor. It SHOULD not be reported to ANYONE!!! Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Your Pain, acording to the regulations needs to be SEVER and CHRONIC (ongoing) Vicodin is usually taken for Moderate pain...SEVER would usually require something stronger..but what do I know only doin meds for 35 years.. But the way it seems to be these days a hangnail or a brused toe will do the trick! Get the card while you can I doubt this will last for too much longer. But to directly answer our ?? Your M.D. or D.O. would have to write in your chart your pain status, bring it to your Clinic/ Hotel Certifying Doctor. It SHOULD not be reported to ANYONE!!! Good Luck

I strongly disagree that taking Vicodin for a long period of time would not evidence severe or chronic pain.

Medical marijuana is WAY WAY WAY safer and more effective than Vicodin so just what is the problem with choosing the safer pain control?

Sorry, hangnail or bruised toe wouldn't cut it but a poorly healed broken toe (with 3 treats in 90 days) might do it, sure.

• 2 weeks later...

When you say "soft tissue" for a long-term recurring injury this means a NERVE injury. Marijuana is especially effective for chronic, numbing deep nerve pain that you describe. Interestingly it is much less effective for acute pain like from a recent accident. Would you believe this drug seems to know which pain is good to suppress and which pain might be bad to suppress? If you have a broken bone it is good to feel pain so you heal- marijuana does not work well; but if you have a deep aching bone from say an improperly healed break then marijuana works especially well). Almost like it was designed that way! :thumbsu:

In the beginning I was skeptical of clinics that offered recommendations that did not require records. After reading so many stories like yours and seeing many people be dismissed by their doctor for using medical cannabis, I now understand that no record physicians need to be a part of our system. From what I understand, instead of providing records, the patient is required to complete an affidavit swearing to their condition.

Your doctor visit and application to the state are supposed to be confidential. There is no way, short of someone breaking the law, to access your physician's or state medical marijuana application records.

After reading so many stories like yours and seeing many people be dismissed by their doctor for using medical cannabis, I now understand that no record physicians need to be a part of our system.

This is especially true for those people who have had no medical insurance for years. Without insurance many cannot afford to go to a physician regularly and may not have access to up to date medical records.

I broke my foot "Jones fracture" the doc gave me a Vicodin script but I chose to use Simpson oil instead. Was supposed to be out of work for 8-10 weeks but was back after 4 weeks. Aftet looking at the xray before i was released to go back to work, Doc said this was the best healing of this type of fracture he has ever seen. You could not even see where the fracture was anymore...he had told me in the beginning we would be able to see it for up to 6 months later. I did not get my reccomendation for this (was something else) but ingesting the oil healed me in a way that was not expected by myself, the doc, or even the medical industry. While taking the oil during that time I felt waves of heat and other sensations all around the fracture. Also I actually lost weight sitting in the recliner for 4 weeks, that is to say it regulated my weight.. I really believe that smoking or vaping MM will relieve your pain and provide you with a better quality of life. Ingesting oil made of MM will do all of that and work heal you. This is just the tip of the iceberg. This was my experience but I have seen first hand with a couple of patients that I care for amazing things...truly incredible miracles. MM should be an option for everything.

What dosage did you use?

I started out using .05 gr when needed for pain. Then that topped off at about .2 gr per day...throughout the day. I would take ibuprofen at night. This was so I could sleep and be aware if rolled over or bumped it somehow with out feeling it. With that type of fracture there was a high risk that I would need surgery to put in a pin to keep the broken bone from seperating...but no pin, no surgery. Just "the boot", ibuprofen, and Simpson oil (that I had previously made).

Archived