People V Christner - Saint Joseph County

thank you very much for posting that, I have never felt 100% safe even with a card just because of how they test for metabolites in drivers. It amazes me how people think they will be ok and be able to drive away from a traffic stop just because they hold a card, you still will have to be blood tested and prove you weren't high when driving.

It is ridiculous that you got pulled over for a traffic stop and they can give you a dui just because they found meds.

It sounds like a judge has to decide still(I am not pretending to be an expert on the legal system), but I really think your lawyer should win because you brought up people vs derre, and the prosecuting attorney conveniently didn't address that one.

I really hope you win, Good luck

I do not know if the prosecutor is being dishonest or sloppy, but the defense quoted the recent supreme court ruling to support his case. The prosecutor states that the defense quotes the dissenting opinion in the original case. There is a huge difference between the supreme law of the land and a no weight dissenting opinion.

On a side note, we need to change the laws used to seize property. It is BS that LEO can steal someone's car for not using a turn signal, which is the grounds given in this case. There are a number of districts that seize cares for speeding. Detroit seized a woman's car because she "looked like a prostitute" even though she was pulled over leaving her place of employment. They now seize all cars of anyone found in possession of marijuana or paraphernalia, even a minor offense. You don't get a ticket, but you loose your $70,000 escalade. How is that not cruel and unusual punishment?

Archived