Drug Tests And Job Prospects

Hi all,

let me start by saying, i am on my phone posting and it is impossible for me to search, my appologies...

the question: drug testing for jobs

how does it work?

if i test positive, can they tell the employer?

I tested positive inn the past (after prop 1 passed, but before i got my patient card) and the test site called me and asked if i was a certified patient... At the time, i had to say NO, but now it's different...

Could someone shed some light on this for me? I've been unemployed for over 1.5yrs now and getting freaked... But also have an amazing opp for a job...

Thank you

not sure how it works.. i would imagine if they are allowed to mention a normal prescription then the same rules would apply.. or i am also not sure if doctor-patient confidentiality steps in at that point.

According to my rule book for my job, it is the responsibility of the employee to notify the employer of their use on the job. They know I am on vicodin everyday at work as it is right now. I do not medicate before or during work. I do that when I know I don't need to drive anywhere anytime soon. I have thought about talking to them more about it so I could totally cut the vicodin out, but the pain level is way too high.. Too risky right now to bring it up. I had a small talk with the boss a while back, letting him know that I am looking into the program.. I didn't intend on the conversation to take place and the only thing he could think of to ask me is "are you on anything right now?" and i told him "vicodin".

I was then sent back to my work area and it was never brought up again.

Guest finallyfree09

Clean up for a week and drink a glass of pickle juice the nite b4 test. Avoid your woman for 2 days! Lol

Seriously tho man... Drink tons of water, no alcohol or red meats OR fatty foods. Eat a ton of baked stuf... Fish mostly.

Forgot to ask ya how long u got b4 test when I saw ya last.

Good luck!!!

Hi all,

let me start by saying, i am on my phone posting and it is impossible for me to search, my appologies...

the question: drug testing for jobs

how does it work?

if i test positive, can they tell the employer?

I tested positive inn the past (after prop 1 passed, but before i got my patient card) and the test site called me and asked if i was a certified patient... At the time, i had to say NO, but now it's different...

Could someone shed some light on this for me? I've been unemployed for over 1.5yrs now and getting freaked... But also have an amazing opp for a job...

Thank you

You are asking for advice in regard to a urine/drug test for employment. If the job requires a clean drug test i.e. caniboid,I would not argue that I have a M.M. card,,most likley the company does not care what kind of card you have or if you can smoke it legally. Most likely the company require caniboid free urine.

\In order for you to test neg. for caniboid,,you are going to have to give them clean urine. In order for you to do that,,you will probably have to obtain a 'urine kit'.

I would not trust any of those 'drinks' or flush products.

Just my 2 cents.

A few things to consider first, yes, they will tell your employer, the employer paid for the test.

If it is a urine test, you can purchase "Go Number One" - it is the same fluid they use to calibrate the machines so they can not detect anything and it has a warming pad inside the kit to get it to body temperature.

Flushes in some cases can be detected these days and if it is a hair test, well, keep looking for another job.

A few things to consider first, yes, they will tell your employer, the employer paid for the test.

If it is a urine test, you can purchase "Go Number One" - it is the same fluid they use to calibrate the machines so they can not detect anything and it has a warming pad inside the kit to get it to body temperature.

Flushes in some cases can be detected these days and if it is a hair test, well, keep looking for another job.

This poster is absolutly right. You will sign something (unless its private pay i.e you are paying for it) that allows them to disclose the results to your employer. I have used the "number one" several times for jobs and school and it has always worked. Unless its for court where they will be watching you urinate, you will have nothing to worry about using a number one. Just put the heating pad on it about an hour before you go and you will be good for several hours. It is possible to test for synthetic urine but it is very expensive and i have never heard of any testing place doing it. The number one is about the same price as the really good drinks and its a 100% sure negative result.

This poster is absolutly right. You will sign something (unless its private pay i.e you are paying for it) that allows them to disclose the results to your employer. I have used the "number one" several times for jobs and school and it has always worked. Unless its for court where they will be watching you urinate, you will have nothing to worry about using a number one. Just put the heating pad on it about an hour before you go and you will be good for several hours. It is possible to test for synthetic urine but it is very expensive and i have never heard of any testing place doing it. The number one is about the same price as the really good drinks and its a 100% sure negative result.

I'm sorry, I don't know about "The Number One" it's very difficult for me to search things.. (on my phone 95% of the time)

Thank you for the insight..

Guest finallyfree09

Yes... Vail... Or vale? Can't remember. It used to be available at "something different" in cadillac. I have 1 friend that swears by it. Personally... Not a chance. Timeand abstinence, imo, are the only things that work.

I have the answer to this one!!! I had this same situation happen. I didn't smoke for three weeks befor I had to tinkle for a job. The job was for a manager position at "The Detroit Area Agency on Aging." I did the 7 day clense by Stripped and FAILED the tinkle test with flying colors. The doc called me up and asked why I had marijuana in my system. I simply replied... "I have a prescription and I am a current card holder because of a tendon that is tearing away from the bone in my upper back." The doctor asked me to go to the clinic, present my card and doctors recommendation, and he would report the test as a negative. I presented the requested info, and he reported negative. The only thing that looks suspicious is the "pending" status while the employer is waiting for the results.

By the way, if you are applying for a job at "The Detroit Area Agency on Aging"... RUN and never look back! :lol:

I have the answer to this one!!! I had this same situation happen. I didn't smoke for three weeks befor I had to tinkle for a job. The job was for a manager position at "The Detroit Area Agency on Aging." I did the 7 day clense by Stripped and FAILED the tinkle test with flying colors. The doc called me up and asked why I had marijuana in my system. I simply replied... "I have a prescription and I am a current card holder because of a tendon that is tearing away from the bone in my upper back." The doctor asked me to go to the clinic, present my card and doctors recommendation, and he would report the test as a negative. I presented the requested info, and he reported negative. The only thing that looks suspicious is the "pending" status while the employer is waiting for the results.

By the way, if you are applying for a job at "The Detroit Area Agency on Aging"... RUN and never look back! :lol:

And on one final note... I didn't know I couldnt say tinkle. tinkle. tinkle. tinkle. I wonder what happens if I say bunny muffin or flower

Archived