Apprehensive Non User.....greetings Also

Hi everyone...i feel your pain

i do not know where to start but here goes.

I was born in 65 into war family father was in the navy and we lived in the midwest, vietnam was ramping up and my father got stationed in the pacific fleet so we moved to Hawaii when i was 4 years old and entered the school system at 5. i was a curious energetic kid they teachers and psych doc's labled me 'Hyperactive' too disruptive to function in a normal classroom so into the 'Special Kids' trailer i went my IQ test results were 138---i was no dummy,i had ant's in my pants!

my folks tried Ritalin for a few weeks and they soon took me off because they did not like the results,my folks said i was a zombie so my teachers suffered who didnt quite get me.this situation did not change till puberty(15) but started mellowing out around 11 or so.we moved back to the midwest i hated their decision to move-goodbye friends..i cried for days, music my only consolation i had an affinity to the "Jackson Five" and The Beatles"

the war was over i was 9 and i got to meet all the relatives in Minnesota because of the relocation-i was a handful to my teachers and i did not learn what did not interest me, had a natural dislike of severe authority-mean teachers physically getting their point across made me angry and the fact my pops was not around much for 5 years of my life, i was a troublemaker and incorrigible i was bored and few healthy outlets i was good at misbehaving. i went thru most of the teenage trials and live to tell the tale i tried smoking ditch weed repeatably no effect,thought i was cool, but i was looking for something.my cousin turned me on to some New Jersey brown his aunt gave him,i was 13 or 14 i found my first love...the high was high, my head was removed from my body it lasted for hours, it was my Holy Grail! sublime, euphoric an experience without equal(masterbation was a close second) but fleeting because a kid with no job or skills had no way of financing self medicaion so i searched, was ripped off had adventures and waited for the next time which wouldn’t be for a few more years.

We move to Southern California in the early 80’s I was 16 living inland in what seemed a strange but beautiful place, there were no more school bullies per se-all colors were present and mixed well, it seemed like a small paradise and then I met Sinsellmia she lifted me out of what ever teenage funk I was in ,gave me courage to try being independent and rebellious –well after getting expelled from my high school on suspicion of being high and finding a empty open container months old in a shared locker(it was mine) so I confessed the truth(whose container it was)and was given the boot-my folks were freaked ,I was on a path of testosterone fuelled aggression with no outlet-(the beach was 30 miles west)and I just wanted to get stoned to give me time to think about what I was going to do with my life- I was a latchkey kid as well as most of the other teens in the 80’s in so cal(wheres the party?) was the rally cry because we saw the world ending in a mushroom cloud with Ronny Ray-gun in office few of us saw ourselves getting to 21-me and others were very anti Military Industrial Complex and were scared to go into the military and have to kill others by command-it was ‘party like its 1999’ a few died being stooped or depressed-I ended up in Re-Hab twice before I was 18! I was pissed at the world the only jobs available were fast food, the mall or military service (sound familiar?) I quit everything at 18 found the ocean-moved to the beach and fell in love with surfing and all that mother ocean had to offer-I still had a love affair with the people and the plant-normals were on a different frequency and assumed dominance in the work place or wherever possible-I was counter culture new wave/punker/alternative I lived to surf and hated to working for greedy jerks-we borrowed lumber for skateramps because we couldn’t afford to buy we loved 8 deep on the beach, we surfed, we screwed and got screwed and tried to grow-at was evolving experiment for the first few years-then I read ‘the indoor marijuana growers guide’ it all clicked and in a few months was up and running-neville was a saint to us and NL1, NL1xSK5, Haze and a breed I came up with which was everyone favorite NL1 X pure Sativa Thai (the thai was a scary high made the experienced puke from euphoria, cola on the mom was 3 feet long by 8 inches in diameter)it was the best of both strains! Anyways operation green thumb took place and scared everyone-they got a lot of growers/consumers using seized records and undercover survailence-I was done in by a water leak and a nosy landlord who let the cops in(4th amendment violation) I ended up up doing something else in the meantime really stooped because i was scared and needed cash for my pregger fiance –I ended up doing 20 months-lost my girl and banned from So Cal-In 92 I journeyed to the NW found the rave scene and picked up where I left off-nothing big-just enough to get by-it was not paying the bills-friends were getting popped around me for stooped stuff and someone tried to break into my house in broad daylight-paranoia set in and after my first kid was born I couldn’t bear the thought of Swat teams or gangsters raiding my home with a newborn inside-I STOPPED smoking-growing and gave up my friends for a few years-went to AA and church to get my head back on(cold turkey was not fun) and found a few jobs to pay the bills-couldn’t smoke because of pee tests and figured I was done with that chapter of my life-well in 04 I was married and blew out my back doing construction work-I was ultra fit , never stronger physically and mentally and sober ta boot-we bought a house had another child and felt the bite of 9/11rule change----no very many want to hire ex-cons with a bum back no matter how smart or dedicated we may be-so we moved to Michigan in 09 because houses are cheap the beaches beautiful the schools good

-HERE IS THE KICKER my back hurts! my back is 30% disabled per L&I doctors and I have documentation for it-Chronic pain-I manage it by sucking it up because I don’t want opiate/painkillers and ibuprofen for the rough days(makes me bleed though)so with a hurt back and no meds life is really rough at times

[1]I need to know what clinic to go to that is legitimate that wont rip me off(cash is low) that is near the coast/Grand Rapids that can get me certified for a M.M.C.?

Because of my entanglements with the law I am very paranoid-I don’t like posting here on MMMA

My wife might divorce me if I start smoking again-refuses to let it anywhere near my kids/home we are ultra liberal Christians we voted Obama yet are very scared of the Government and the Banks and how they lie and operate on the shady side-I don’t trust the certification board here in Michigan to not turn all our names over to the police and round us all up and pull a nazi death camp scenario on us all-it feels really prewar germany here in the USA now-the facists seem to be in control and by me going legit I am scared I am painting a bullseye on my back-sorry for the noid’

I need some convincing my wife too and a sympathetic doctor

My back hurts……….Tater

Not quite sure what you are looking for, seems more like a back-story than anything, either way if you feel that it will help you and your wife will have nothing to do with helping you, why would you want to stay with her? Tell her its like it or leave you are just trying to live your life, no where in the bible does it say pots bad since you mentioned her religion that has nothing to do with it.

22 Then the LORD said to Moses, 23 "Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels [a] of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant cane, 24 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin of olive oil. 25 Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil. 26 Then use it to anoint the Tent of Meeting, the ark of the Testimony, 27 the table and all its articles, the lampstand and its accessories, the altar of incense, 28 the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils, and the basin with its stand. 29 You shall consecrate them so they will be most holy, and whatever touches them will be holy. (Exodus 30:22-29)

At first glance the above passage doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the subject at hand. The relevance lies in the fact that some argue that the “fragrant cane” found in verse 23 is actually a mistranslation of the original Hebrew text. The actual Hebrew translated into English looks like this “qanenbosm” or Cannabis. The things that were being anointed with this oil were the most Holy of Holy instruments in the Israelites temple.

I am in no way religious in anyway, but research has proven that they used a cannabis based oil back in the Jesus days so if anything tell her that god ok'd it and to let you take something to help you.

Welcome,

you can look at it one way & be angry or think of it as entertainment.

Like the clowns getting out of the little car at the circus.............

less stress this way;

you can only do what you can do, the rest is on someone else...

good luck with the certification...........

have a great day;

http://www.michiganmedicalcard.com/process/

Very nice place, nice people when you GO to them, they can be a little brash on the phone they will only give you so much info over the phone is all, best of luck.

I also went to this clinic and can say that the staff there were very helpful. I thought my doctor was excellent and was also helpful.

There is a lot of information on here about people finding relief from chronic pain. I hope you find the things helpful and wish you the best.

Thanks guys/gals here goes spending $300 guess its less than a deductible on a regular insurance policy

[1] how will having my MMMC affect me getting insurance thru a regular provider(blue cross etc etc)?????

[2] is west Michigan tolerant of self medicating or have there been busts and townhall legislation to over rule the MMMA of 2008 ?

Archived