Canton Cultivation Question

medicinejeff

Ok I'm stressed and need someone to help clarify as best as possible just what I am looking at in Canton.

I have been a registered, qualifying patient for over a year and have had my well-within state guidelines grow at my home. Now I find while googling the words "canton" and "marijuana" a blurb on a legal firm website that canton has banned all marijuana businesses INCLUDING CULTIVATION. I'm not running a business from my home and I have little to no friends stopping by ever, so is that still a problem? Can they bust me even though I'm registered and honestly am just 1 guy with 1 light?

Ambrose Law link mentioning Canton

Or is this just something an attorney's staff member posted? I guess what I wonder most is...are the livonias, salines and (cantons ???)of the world really kicking in doors at private grows or are they just keeping dispensaries out of their cities? I don't hear about private homes being raided around here too much (other than the Oakland county mess) but then, those homes were targeted because ran a business too I believe.

I'm just not sure what to think, like many of us....but specifically: Is Canton on the "No Fly" list and what if anything are cities really expecting to stop? Pot businesses or patients in their own homes?

I don't want to run a dispensary from home, but do have a registered patient/ caregiver relationship with one person now as well as my own qualifying patient status.

And the motto is "Do it right ...Sleep at Night" :blink:

OK I'm stressed and need someone to help clarify as best as possible just what I am looking at in Canton.

I have been a registered, qualifying patient for over a year and have had my well-within state guidelines grow at my home. Now I find while googling the words "canton" and "marijuana" a blurb on a legal firm website that canton has banned all marijuana businesses INCLUDING CULTIVATION. I'm not running a business from my home and I have little to no friends stopping by ever, so is that still a problem? Can they bust me even though I'm registered and honestly am just 1 guy with 1 light?

Ambrose Law link mentioning Canton

Or is this just something an attorney's staff member posted? I guess what I wonder most is...are the Livonia's, salines and (cantons ???)of the world really kicking in doors at private grows or are they just keeping dispensaries out of their cities? I don't hear about private homes being raided around here too much (other than the Oakland county mess) but then, those homes were targeted because ran a business too I believe.

I'm just not sure what to think, like many of us....but specifically: Is Canton on the "No Fly" list and what if anything are cities really expecting to stop? Pot businesses or patients in their own homes?

I don't want to run a dispensary from home, but do have a registered patient/ caregiver relationship with one person now as well as my own qualifying patient status.

And the motto is "Do it right ...Sleep at Night" :blink:

he is one of the Lawyers for the Ferndale people i have talked to him be for nice Guy the ACLU wants to here about people like you that live inn canton E-mail them Help your self and others to sue the city

don't worry you will be OK just don't tell any one you grow just tell the ACLU you have a card and want to help we need people like you to stand up and let us know when the next city meeting we will try to help the city save some money as to not get sued

he is one of the Lawyers for the Ferndale people i have talked to him be for nice Guy the ACLU wants to here about people like you that live inn canton E-mail them Help your self and others to sue the city

don't worry you will be OK just don't tell any one you grow just tell the ACLU you have a card and want to help we need people like you to stand up and let us know when the next city meeting we will try to help the city save some money as to not get sued

Thanks for the reply though I still wonder ARE cities with bans enforcing cultivation prohibition or not?

I'm all for standing up and contacting the ACLU, but at the moment all I can think of is Renee E who appeared on morning talk shows in the early 90's as the 1st person arrested for MM in the state that I can remember. How long that's been and now with a LAW on the books and a card in my wallet I feel like certain municipalities are stuck in time. We have gotten so far, yet my own city, well like Adam B said over in RO "I expect the city where I live to follow the law and abide by it". What to do?

Wayne county grow here no issues but im very secretive and never bring anybody to my home outside of people id die for as for the canton ban at worst they can cite you with a code violation your legal the mdch has your number on file no need to worry imo.

Thanks KD for real. I'm the same way with people and my home. I seldom have company and have turned someone away that showed up with a GF I never met. Neither one of them need to stop over. :notfair: But Not worth it either. Yes MDCH has my number and address on file and on my card. Thanks again for sharing KD. It will be interesting to see if canton even makes it on a list...so many townships, villages and cities. Whose going to make a road atlas to navigate the state? :unsure:

Archived