Need Some Real Help With Questions.

mroan8009

So let me start by saying that i am NOT looking to be a dealer. I want to be a care giver and there is a huge differance bettween the two. I am a very professional person and do not use marijuana due to work issues. I would like to be a care giver to help those that need it. I have seen first hand how the use of this drug can help those who need it. so here are my questions.

1) Do i have to have a patient befor i become a care giver? or can i go to a doctor and get my caregiver card first without a patient?

2) Where can i find a list of doctors in my area?

3) I see on the site topics about patients looking for care givers and vise versa, is there a limit on distance between the two? ie same county or could i supply to a patient anywhere in the state.

Like i said i want to help and have the time and room to do it just need some help understanding all of the issues to get started.

Thank you for all of you help and time reading this.

Do i have to have a patient befor i become a care giver? Yes

Where can i find a list of doctors in my area? were do you live?

I see on the site topics about patients looking for care givers and vise versa, is there a limit on distance between the two? ie same county or could i supply to a patient anywhere in the state.

any were in the state

hope this helps

1) Do i have to have a patient befor i become a care giver? or can i go to a doctor and get my caregiver card first without a patient?

You need to find a patient that is willing to sign you up before you can get your card. The caregiver attestation is sent in by the patient.

2) Where can i find a list of doctors in my area?

Unless you are interested in becoming a patient as well, this is not necessary.

3) I see on the site topics about patients looking for care givers and vise versa, is there a limit on distance between the two? ie same county or could i supply to a patient anywhere in the state.

There is no limit on distance, save what is convenient for the caregiver and patient. Keep in mind travel times and expenses, you can have a patient at the south western corner of the state with a cg in upper reaches of the UP..

Like i said i want to help and have the time and room to do it just need some help understanding all of the issues to get started.

Thank you for all of you help and time reading this.

Great to see you wanting to help out, just think how much better our world would be if everybody helped in just a little way. There is plenty of great information around these message boards, and most folks are friendly, so if you have any questions and can't find the answers just ask.

Welcome to the boards, I hope that you find what you are looking for.

I live in livingston county.

If i have to have a patient prior to going to the doctor how may i find one i know i cant just walk around my work and ask if someone is looking to have me grow some plants for them i know how that would go over nor would i want anyone knowing who wants me to grow it form them. This is obviously a very private issues for every patient.

I live in livingston county.

If i have to have a patient prior to going to the doctor how may i find one i know i cant just walk around my work and ask if someone is looking to have me grow some plants for them i know how that would go over nor would i want anyone knowing who wants me to grow it form them. This is obviously a very private issues for every patient.

you do not need to go to a doctor if your just looking to be a caregiver. here is some info for you to read if you have not already http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869_52137---,00.html. the act,rules,questions and forms are all there. i am sure you could find a patient to help around here, but then you also run into the problem of not having med's ready.IMO most people are in need of help yesturday, and cannot wait 3 months for things to start producing. you would be in luck if you had a family member or family friend who was in need of help and and would sign you as their caregiver to get things rolling. here is the caregiver attestation form you would need to fill out if the patient has already sent in the app. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Medical_Marihuana_Packet_3-27-09_272862_7.pdf dont forget to send $10 fee..good luck my friend!

Although, if you do qualify, you are better off becoming a patient as well as a CG. Legally speaking you "should" have more rights as a patient than as a CG. (Pt2Pt, allowed 12 more plants ect)

Thanks, I have considered that option also as I am a caregiver, but not a user. I have qualifiying health conditions and will have to have my medical records put together to obtain a patient card for myself. Appreciate the tip. Zeke

Archived