Drug Czar Takes A Trip... To California.

Kerlikowske also released an analysis showing that 47% of Californians receiving treatment for marijuana abuse are younger than 18, compared with 28% in the rest of the nation, and that 65% began using marijuana at 14 or younger, compared with 55% for the rest of the nation. It's the second time in a week that his office has highlighted data from previously released reports about drug use among young people, a critical issue for mothers, who are thought to be the swing vote.

The 47% of the 18 and younger that are receiving treatment, is because they were ordered to from the court! Get caught as a 16 yr. old with a gram and they run you through the wringer with the drug awareness classes, community service, and fines. Anyone for that matter...

As to the critical issue for mothers being the swing vote; I'm sure there's plenty of mothers that are disappointed that their teen child has a drug conviction on their record for smoking a joint!

When the Federal 'Drug Czar' goes to California to give a special speech about 'legalization' of cannabis you can bet they are just a LITTLE worried.

http://cannabisnews.com/news/26/thread26055.shtml

If there were no illegal drugs then they would no longer need a 'Drug Czar' and he would need to find a real job doing something constructive.

If there were no illegal drugs then they would no longer need a 'Drug Czar' and he would need to find a real job doing something constructive.

I agree, Billy.

But WHEN did ANY of this start making sense.

Especially when it comes to the government.

All Kerlikowske is doing is his job.

The way that the law that created his position says he has to do it.

He can't acknowledge any sanity in the war on some drugs because he's prohibited.

(

11) may serve as spokesperson of the Administration on drug issues;

(12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that--

(A) is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812);and

(B) has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;

Section 704,Reauthorization Act of 1998

Title VII Office of National Drug Control Policy Reauthorization Act of 1998: H11225

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/about/98reauthorization.html

So he's been set up with a liars law that he has to parrot. Congress wrote a law making it illegal to even have a discussion about whether the policy has any value or not.

Just amazing. No wonder Washington is against legalization. They made it against the law for themselves to be for legalization.

I gotta go read Catch 22 again.

Let's face the real purpose of the visit, was to score some primo bud and genetics to take back to DC for the prez. Now that DC has legalized for medical use, the president can use his knees as a qualifying condition ;)

He certainly wouldn't have to worry about being arrested.

And there are a LOT of other people in power and authority that use 'illegal' drugs and THEY are not arrested either!

Just us peons get to 'pay the price' for the Drug War.

We have to hope Cal pulls through on Prop 19.

Archived