Lincoln Park---No Growing At All In Neighborhoods

Issues like this frustrate me.. I hope there continues to be hammering out of the laws...

Someone commented that towns and counties can't regulate where/how MM is grown anymore than they can tomatoes or rosemary..

Yes, yes they can... If the person growing is doing it for commercial purposes. A commercial greenhouse can indeed be under the control of zoning laws.. And it don't matter what the plants are that are grown inside. IMO, I don't think cannabis should get a special exemption to that.. Cannabis should be treated just like tomatoes and rosemary.. Yep, you can grow your own personal plants, or plants to share with a couple other people (patients).. But if you want to grow or distribute on a bigger, commercial scale.. You should have to follow the same laws that the local greenhouses that sell seedlings in the spring and mums in the fall have to follow.

As an aside.. gosh, wouldn't that be nice if the same greenhouse you got your tomato plants from also had excellent cannabis plants to offer? Or a nice seed stock of several varieties of hemp for the home gardener?

I get irritated when folks seem to imply that a commercial sized grow is the same as a personal grow, and should be treated the same. I get irritated when officials refuse to treat commercial grows the same as other commercial greenhouses. Or when officials seem to imply that a personal grow is the same as a commercial sized grow, and should be treated the same. I get royally PO'd when folks and officials play the "you can have it, but no you can't" game.

A nail for outdoor growing... Most towns and counties can indeed say no to outdoor growing, personal or commercial.. They can classify cannabis as a noxious species, or an invasive determent to the native species, and ban all outdoor plantings of it. Currently Wayne county has 306 species on their list..

And the town getting up in yer personal or commercial grow? Yep, there is some allowance for that.. local building codes. Not saying they can get up in it once the girls are home... But they do have the right to inspect the construction to make sure it's up to code, especially when it's new construction like a free standing greenhouse, or revamping a commercial building for a grow.

Cannabis needs to come out of the closet. It needs to be regarded like any other plant. Shouldn't get special treatment of either positive or negative light. We already have a boatload of laws out there for how other plants are handled, personally and commercially. We have laws for bars, pharmacies, restaurants and coffee shops, greenhouses and processing facilities, school zoning, cottage industry, personal rights, medical rights..

Sheesh, I'm just ranting.. I'll knock it off now..

Rashore,

My comments were in regards to them regulating a patient or caregivers right to grow in the privacy of their own homes, yards, etc... Commercial grows would quite obviously fall under some zoning issues.

As for building codes for new construction or rehab work, sure they can have a say in that. However, they cannot prevent you from growing via those codes...

To list a plant as "as a noxious species, or an invasive determent to the native species" they would have to prove it as such, and to my knowledge there is no reason that cannabis would fall into either of those categories, except for subjective prejudices by prohibitionists. Wild hemp still grows across much of this country, and has not been a determent to any of the native species... ;)

Good points though.

Ok, so thats great.You take something that is already costly, force the people that are offering it to more than one person to move there grow to a small area of town where im sure rent is going up daily, so in return the cost goes up for everyone.sure it

s not in YOUR city yet, but look around you!!Politicians are slowling making even medical cannabis...illegal again.Sure we have a law for it, but hey if we make it so you cant grow it, cant buy it, well then theres no worrys and things continue on as they have for years...meaning recreation users can still get it, underground growers still grow it, but for us law abiding citizens that the state actually gets some of our money for it..we dont have the option anymore, I mean unless you wanna pay more than you already do for it, cus Im sure theres a few people who have no problem moving into the designated area, but these people probably use 6 or more 1k hid lights and also have a profit of over 6 figures, so the extra cost means nothing )to them.The patient on ssid(who needs it) on the other hand..hes left out in the rain to get the bullschuette washed off of him.

Archived