Wait Time?

I was approved by my doctor and mailed in all of the necessary paperwork and my check on Sept 9th. They told me at the Dr office that it would take at least 3 months to receive my card, but I would become legal 14 days after Dr approval by using my permit. I then heard otherwise and was told I need to wait for my card - So 2 questions.

1) Am I not officially legal until I receive the actual card in the mail?

2) I submitted my check and paperwork on Sept 9th, and they haven't even deposited the check yet. Is this normal? What is the current estimated wait time for my card if I submitted the paperwork on Sept 9th?

Sorry if there is already a thread for this, but I'm new to the whole thing and have no idea whats going on. Thank you for any info.

I am removing my comment as I am not 100% positive....We were told 21 business days after the proof of mailing that your legal......BUT I do know the state has 15 days to send you a denial, so I am not 100% sure. So disregard my previous post and we will let someone that is more versed on the subject answer. I don't want to guide someone on such a serious issue if I am not 100%.

It is not 21 days after they cash your check. It is on the 21st day after your application was submitted that you become "legal".

A cashed check by the state only gives you a date to prove they received your application. Delivery confirmation will work just the same.

The state requires you wait 20 days for a denial letter, after those 20 days are up - you are "legal" on the 21st day.

ok i beleive your legal with paperwork 20 days after check cashed. and dont get a denial letter! (important)

the big question here is did they cash your check yet?

and as long as you have a dr recomendation for mm you are covered, as long as you stay within your legal limits as written in the law. you will be able to get out of most mm related problems before trial most likly!

As far as im concerned I became legal the day my dr. wrote that mm would benifit me. and I believe i was legall all along because of chronic pain, which is noted in my med records on every dr. visit i had since may of 98. so i guess i became legal the day voters passed the law! you always have the a.d!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived