Dexter Village Council Discusses Draft Of Medical Marijuana Ordinance

Guest d00g

Dexter grapples with rules for governing medical marijuana dispensaries, the Village Council was asked to weigh in Monday night on a proposed ordinance that would, among other things, limit the number of marijuana-dispensing establishments to two. Here's a link to the article. See comments

well rock on Dexter... Not surprised the limit is two, not like the town is big, lol. Oh it would rock if they had one next to the pub so one could get their meds and a corned beef sandwich, lol.

I hope more towns step up and take their peoples needs as seriously as Dexter seems to be doing :)

OK, its time for everyone to ask this question. Why should I give a crap about dispensaries? "WE" are taking all the heat over dispensaries making a lot of money.

Granted I'm not a CG, but from what I see of the existing law there are no problems for patients growing their own, and CG's never seem to be able to keep meds in stock, but everyone is freaked out over the whole MMJ law being thrown out the window because dispensaries are getting busted.

Why should "we" (the schmucks who voted for this thing in the first place) have our protections by law put into jeopardy by people who are only in it to buy a product and resell it at a profit? Think about it....cardholders can always obtain meds from another cardholder or a CG (or via sites like this). So why are we allowing our whole program to be put in the headlines and get a bad name because somebody wants to open up a storefront supply house and make a couple hundred thousand bucks a year?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure lots of people at the dispensaries are of the correct frame of mind that MMJ is a healty thing, and they're only trying to make a living during these hard times by starting a viable business (I'd be scared to). I am not opposed to dispensaries, but if they are the root cause of a problem that might get our entire MMJ law tossed or modified enough to make our lives miserable who gives a crap if they cannot legally open? I thought we were all pretty happy about the new protections, and then the despensaries opened/got busted and gave all of us a black eye as well as potentially resulting in changes in the law that could affect the rest of us negatively and push us back underground, with the state having all of our addresses etc that could be used against us in the future.

All I'm saying is why should we (36,000?) cardholders have to suffer because less than 20 dispensaries in the entire state rolled the dice on the legality of their operation in the pursuit of profit?

Don't flame me here....I'm just sayin it ain't right for 30,000+ people to lose their legal right to possess and grow our meds because 20 businesses tried to make a profit on it and got the press and politicians all fired up to change the statutes to screw us.

Posted my rant! I would like to see a world where we can both exist in peace. Not every one wants to grow or rely on a caregiver. I can see their point. But by allowing patient to patient transfers I think dispensaries were inevitable... patients go in business providing other patients. Its called capitalism.

OK, its time for everyone to ask this question. Why should I give a crap about dispensaries? "WE" are taking all the heat over dispensaries making a lot of money.

Granted I'm not a CG, but from what I see of the existing law there are no problems for patients growing their own, and CG's never seem to be able to keep meds in stock, but everyone is freaked out over the whole MMJ law being thrown out the window because dispensaries are getting busted.

Why should "we" (the schmucks who voted for this thing in the first place) have our protections by law put into jeopardy by people who are only in it to buy a product and resell it at a profit? Think about it....cardholders can always obtain meds from another cardholder or a CG (or via sites like this). So why are we allowing our whole program to be put in the headlines and get a bad name because somebody wants to open up a storefront supply house and make a couple hundred thousand bucks a year?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure lots of people at the dispensaries are of the correct frame of mind that MMJ is a healty thing, and they're only trying to make a living during these hard times by starting a viable business (I'd be scared to). I am not opposed to dispensaries, but if they are the root cause of a problem that might get our entire MMJ law tossed or modified enough to make our lives miserable who gives a crap if they cannot legally open? I thought we were all pretty happy about the new protections, and then the despensaries opened/got busted and gave all of us a black eye as well as potentially resulting in changes in the law that could affect the rest of us negatively and push us back underground, with the state having all of our addresses etc that could be used against us in the future.

All I'm saying is why should we (36,000?) cardholders have to suffer because less than 20 dispensaries in the entire state rolled the dice on the legality of their operation in the pursuit of profit?

Don't flame me here....I'm just sayin it ain't right for 30,000+ people to lose their legal right to possess and grow our meds because 20 businesses tried to make a profit on it and got the press and politicians all fired up to change the statutes to screw us.

I walk a thin line here. Which is why I'm not going to reply to your points.

The MMMA does not wish to be viewed as supporting dispensaries.

All "problems" relating to dispensaries are caused by police activity. That is where every front page newspaper story comes from.

In Michigan, so far, three times out of 4 when the headline story about masked gunmen bursting into a dispensary are printed, the masked gunmen carry badges.

In the case of the Ann Arbor dispensary, the police have arrested the last person. That person had a batch of medical marijuana. It has been returned by the police to the dispensary that was robbed.

And THAT needs to be a headline story.

Archived