Republican Senators In Arizona Come Out Against Medical Marijuana.

greenbuddha

Comparing a president, any president, to marijuana serves no purpose. A president's approval rating rises and falls largely based on factors not in control of the president. I heard on NBC news the other night that when there is a terror threat a president's approval rating tends to jump. That was referencing a possible jump due to the ink cartridge scare and its possible reflection on tomorrow's vote.

Whether Obama's approval rating is higher than or less than marijuana is a handy little factoid for, well, nothing.

Where do you think Obama stacks up against beer? Okay, probably a no brainer. How about liver?

It is normal for a person to fall in approval after the election.

I believe it is an error to extend the same logic to everything else that might be on a ballot.

CA for example .. acceptance has gone up over the last 13 years (or is it 14?)

There is current political movement to revise the current law. I believe delayed action was planned in order to allow the public time to sour to the new law.

It is normal for a person to fall in approval after the election.

I believe it is an error to extend the same logic to everything else that might be on a ballot.

CA for example .. acceptance has gone up over the last 13 years (or is it 14?)

There is current political movement to revise the current law. I believe delayed action was planned in order to allow the public time to sour to the new law.

Error? You were the one to bring up Obama and his approval rating. Not someone else.

There has been movement to revise it all along. That's not a new thing. Remember Kuipers?

I'm sure that Republican Senators will vote differently from the rank and file. The rank and file Republicans are not being bribed by pharmaceutical companies.

Exactly, Wild Bill...

No matter WHAT party the pol belongs to, Dem or Republican they can ALL be bought if the price is right.

The fact to be pointed out IMHO is that at least in the State of ARIZONA the 'inner circle' of the Republican party ( and as pointed out probably NOT all Republican leaning voters) has publicly come out AGAINST Medical Marijuana.

And I would think that a person could safely assume at least in Arizona that the Republican Party is 'backing' an anti-MM voting position.

Whether or not that realistically based assumption can be 'generalized' to other states (including Michigan) would have to be based I would think upon 'past' attitudes' and the 'behaviors' of the GOP.

I know what my reasoning tells me... faulty? Possibly.

Everyone will have to make up his / her own mind about the assumptions that can be made on the issue of which political group 'generally' supports Medical Marijuana.

But I believe there IS evidence that would indicate WHICH party MIGHT be more in favor of MM.

VOTE tomorrow... and vote your conscience.

I intend to.

P.S. enjoyed the debate!

Archived