My New Grow Room, Need Suggestions

jeffanator

I am a new grower and was planing on gettin some 1000w hps lights for my bloom room but i am looking for suggestions for ventilation with this attachment i have drawn up a quick setup i had in mind just didnt know where to vent it to, outside??? unused room or attic space??? venting it outside just seems like you would be pulling whatever warm air is in the room out aswell idk like i said im new to this just looking for some info from the pro's =)

post-18273-0-36069600-1288881642_thumb.png

The room is quite large havent measured it to be exact yet but its more than i will need but its the best place for me to grow at. im also the caregiver for 2 patients and im going to be willing in the future to take on more which is why i went with the 1000w, i figure there be able to keep up with all the plants id be growing there not to mention ive heared the yield off of them is worth what you pay for the electricity usage

Jeff there is so many different ways to control your environment. What you set up now for the fall/winter may have to be modified next spring and summer. An indoor gardener must be creative and flexible as the seasons change. There is a post here recently where a grower is running their exhaust into the rest of the house for heating, very smart.

I wouldn't buy any extra lights or fans until you actually need them.

My flower room started in July with 2000w. I installed a 4" intake fan pulling air from outside and got a very nice inroom air conditioner venting hot air through my wall into an open room. I added 2000w more lights and then installed another 4" intake from the window and a 4" exhaust going to my empty room. 3 weeks ago I added yet another 2000w, and got the vortex inline fan and ducting for those 2 lights. Right now the air coming in is so cold, my AC barely has to work. I put a temperature switch on the intakes so that at night its not too cold. In the summer I will obviously need 3 inline fans for the 6 hoods or just shut down 2 lights if I can't control the heat.

I feel the most important element is that fresh air coming in the window. Its not about temperatures as much as having a rich, constant supply of CO2. Every grow room should have at least one intake and one exhaust IMO. Sorry for the rambling, I hope this helps!

A few things to remember...if your room gets hot even with the exhaust you will need cold air coming in the room (obviously) but if you bring in air that is too cold (early February winter day morning) you might unintentionally bring up the humidity in the room....I am a fan of venting into your house to both spread the heat and also cut down on my heating bill!!! :thumbsu:

but if I were you I would use 2 fans..1 for each set of lights....you are already planning on spending 2.5-3.5k on the set up any ways so whats another couple hundred bucks....and I would listen to people on here, if you are new, I would chill out on going huge off the bat....

also a technique for cutting back on heat is do 2 hr blocks on each set of lights....just a thought....

What kind of "inline" carbon filter are you planning on using? I didn't know there were any! Usually the filter is on either end of the system, being sucked through or blown through. If it is blown through use pre-filters on the in take side of the lights. This will prevent solids from plugging your carbon prematurely.

I run 4 1kers for bloom and use a 6 inch vortex to vent them. No problems at all. I do use a 6 inch duct fan on my intakes to help the vortex pull air and my temps are steady at 80 degrees lights on r/h 40% and 74 lights off with the same r/h. I dont use a ac nor a heater, just the lights and venting and you should be fine. Keep the bends out of the vent tubing as much as ya can but that vortex will pull the paint off the wall so shouldn't be a problem... My light intake pulls from the veg room and same with the bloomroom intakes. I' have 2 6 inch intake for the room and one just for the lights. My bl room is 7.6x15x 7.6 tall

What kind of "inline" carbon filter are you planning on using? I didn't know there were any! Usually the filter is on either end of the system, being sucked through or blown through. If it is blown through use pre-filters on the in take side of the lights. This will prevent solids from plugging your carbon prematurely.

sry to mislead but it wasnt an inline filter, just do to my inexperience didnt know how or hwere they hook up at. I got one for my room and got the ventilation all hooked and its setup with the filter where the air gets sucked into my lights and goes to my inline duct fan i got hooked up. working great to no smell =)

Archived