Kief Box Opinions

N I clearly have a box so what's with all the links to expensive tumblers n such herm green? I was simply asking the members what they thought of my box. Or my bud. I think there sweet myself.

I think it's awesome! I have a smaller 7" x 7" and I was definitely thinking about getting a bigger one though. Yours looks sweet!

How much did it cost you to make it? Are you making more of them?

I forget what they wanted for a big one at the head shop I got my smaller one at. I just know it was too expensive and that's why I went with the smaller one.

Image200.jpg

That's what I got....and I'm gonna need a big, big one soon! Wishful thinking.... :)

The head shop here got me for $25 for a small shaker box like 3x3 n they had a 3x5 for like $35. After that is wen I made mine. I'm actually thinkin abt makin more. Cost maybe $15 to build but a pain in the donkey. Id probly sell for $40 complete. Its amazing how fast the kief adds up compared to just having a grinder. I like that its a container with a lid and decorated. Thanks for the response

The head shop here got me for $25 for a small shaker box like 3x3 n they had a 3x5 for like $35. After that is wen I made mine. I'm actually thinkin abt makin more. Cost maybe $15 to build but a pain in the donkey. Id probly sell for $40 complete. Its amazing how fast the kief adds up compared to just having a grinder. I like that its a container with a lid and decorated. Thanks for the response

I've seen them used, but I have never personally used a grinder. I've had my 7 x 7 for a while and since I'm going to be getting into quantity fairly soon. I'd like one like yours.

How many inches is yours? I was just surfing the net and the biggest I saw was 10 x 10.

You can put me down for one for $40. You could probably get rid of a bunch of them at even a higher price. I'll help you set up a website to get rockin'. You've still got to charge me $40 though! :)

That is, if you're interested in making another...

doesnt shaking your bud in a kief box take away from its potency?

I mean im sure you can sprinkel kief when you medicate lol but seems like its pointless to sift it

I don't really shake mine. I break my herbs up on top of the screen. Normally with scissors. I keep some meds in there so it's good and ready.

The concept of a sieve is hash making originally a tradition from afghan/hindu kush region...That's why I post the links to hash making tumblers made of stainless steel

I have the grinder with the screen easy to use without grinding first which is if youre like me check for possible seeds...dont want to damage them even though it has rosewood teeth

Yeah, collect it...but yes it will reduce potency...some amsterdam coffee shops do it just so tourists dont get too stoned which can be a problem there...they also are into hash way more than us

I have some stuff that needs to be shaked first...which if I forget is a take one hit and forget it.... Comes on much better with a shake and less intense mixes and mingles with other herbs better also....

Use this thing to...just set it..... and forget it!haha

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=132880

Then the hydraulic hash press....

Heres the DIY version

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=56795

I don't shake mine either. I use a grinder n dump that onto the screen and use it to break up and roll on. If u break your weed up with your fingers you lose as much as would fall thru. I figure when I'm rolling joints its better to let some of the crystals fall thru b/c the joints will still get you medicated but best of all when u have those moments where u need to get high like anhour ago n u want it fast you just pack a little bowl n put a nice pile of keif onit n bam yer flyin high like right now. Or you can press the kief into hash. I'm gonna go buy the supplies n make a couple more. Ill post pics n the first couple will be $40 but if I sell those I mite jus have a new hobby. That website thing wld b swet bro. Measures 7.5"x9.25". Glass bottom. Could use a mirror tho.

Its also good for quick drying. After you harvest u throw a nug in there n let it set a little while and it dries it pretty quickly. So if your like me n can't wait till its all cured u just replenish the nug each time u smoke n u always got one ready. I love mine its great. So convenient to sit in your lap and roll on. I had only seen real small ones in shops and their always plain n overpriced. I hope I remember to get some supplies tomorrow and ill cut some wood Monday at work and make a couple diffent styles. I wish I could draw it'd be real sweet with custom artwork.

Archived