Burton Zoning Ordinance

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/11/burton_city_council_to_discuss_1.html

BURTON, Michigan — City Council’s legislative committee will discuss Michigan’s medical marijuana law at a meeting at 6 p.m. Nov. 15, before the regular council meeting at 7 p.m. The committee consists of Danny Wells, Duane Haskins, Paula Zelenko and Tom Martinbianco. Zelenko called the meeting, because she would like the council to consider zoning requirements for medical marijuana facilities, she said.

Such ordinances have appeared in other communities where marijuana facilities for dispensing or use have opened. The meeting will be at city hall at 4303 S. Center Road.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Yes G3C is in Burton,not Flint.We should see alot of people.(I hope.)

Incorrect.

Flint addresses extend east as far as Genesee RD. Look at the address for "Jesters Lounge" as well....It's Flint. Burton starts at Davison Rd, which is 5-10 blocks south of the G3C club.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/11/compassion_club_grows_not_hind.html

Hopefully this link works. The article said the Compassion Club is in Flint Township and that an ordinance passed in October. Since its so close to Burton, many members are Burton residents so it is very relevant to us.

Seems like lots of time and money are being put into ordinances that violate patients' rights. At least we will know which places not to buy a house, and who not to vote for.

I heard a rumor that a large open air outdoor grow was successful in a neighborhood in Burton this season. 10' perimeter fence surrounding mary trees from top to sides. Also heard that Leo knew about it. That flies against what I've always heard about Burtucky leo though, that they're little boy blues with badges that love to flex on anything for the action, ya know they're next to big bad Flint and all.

Good luck Burton.

I actually thought that it went well. The council really seemed to be interested in what we were saying and aware of the fact that they could face litigation if they trample all over our rights. They seemed concerned about operations where two or more caregivers were working in one facility. There will be another meeting on the 30th and they actually told us to bring more people. I also got a rough copy of the proposed ordinance which they stressed was a work in progress.

Guest knucklehead bob

I actually thought that it went well. The council really seemed to be interested in what we were saying and aware of the fact that they could face litigation if they trample all over our rights. They seemed concerned about operations where two or more caregivers were working in one facility. There will be another meeting on the 30th and they actually told us to bring more people. I also got a rough copy of the proposed ordinance which they stressed was a work in progress.

WOW , almost sounds like they are trying a "common sense" approach instead of fear mongering. How refreshing . Can't wait to hear more .

could you post the rough copy so we can see what were up against here?

I have been trying to scan this thing all morning with no luck. I'm pretty sure you can get a copy at the Burton City Hall (4303 S. Center next to the post office), plus it would give them a chance to meet more of us and see that we are an asset to the community and not a problem. They told us that they wanted more information from us, so it would be good to get them accurate stuff rather than the crappy TIME magazine article they were looking at.

Archived