I'm Really Perplexed...

Daddy Nothing

I've got a couple of sprouts (about to the third set of true leaves) that this morning started exhibiting very strange problems with the newest (not fully formed) growth. I'm at a loss. What do I do?

gallery_17739_392_473632.jpg

gallery_17739_392_746017.jpg

gallery_17739_392_525973.jpg

PS. The white spots on the older leaves are just residual baking soda...I had to remove a seedling because it got a slight mold problem, as a precaution I dusted everybody with a little bit of baking soda to keep it from spreading.

maybe you have a light burn,light too close ? or did you get some water on the leaves? looks like a burn. take care of that and it should be ok, watch for new growth.

I thought that might be a possibility, but the light is over a foot away and it's only a little 150 watt...plus it's right next to several others, a few of which are a bit taller and closer to the light and aren't affected at all...I will try moving the light up a smidge or two and see if that helps.

Okay I raised the light by a good 6 inches, I'll check and see if it's gotten any worse in the AM. Thanks for the quick responces guys I was almost having a panic attack about this :)

I say from seed because I have had the deformed looking odd balls now and then and I usually wait it out and the next set is fine or if not cull the weak-the spots on the other hand can pos be a couple specks of b.s. got in there holding moisture or something like that but I doubt it is a nute issue at this point unless as the leafs get bigger the spots keep growing with them and or you get new spots.

where both sprinkled with baking soda at same time and do you foliar feed/spray at all?

Yes I sprayed the entire garden at the same time. What I did was mix a 10% baking soda solution with ph adjusted adjusted water about 4 days ago. I haven't been foliar feeding yet since they are young and do not require nutrients but I've been spraying them with water every morning to wash off the baking soda

It looks to me like your spray damaged the very young leaves, then when they grew out, they were whacky. I've seen this happen a lot and had it happen (nearly identical) back in the day when I would spray-feed. I don't spray-feed anymore and have not had this sort of trouble since.

pH may seem like an obvious first guess, but in my own experience, if the pH is off enough to cause the leaves to to weird stuff, you see it in the biggest fan leaves first/worst....again...my personal experience.

Archived