State To State Protection?

69AARVIPER

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Oregon card holder, and we definatly do not reciprocate with other card issueing states. Nor does washington, or california. which is just to bad, as the whole northwest are commpasionate care states.

It is my understanding that Michigan is the ONLY state that recognises card holders from other medical marijuana states. This is very fortunate for those of us who want to visit our familys, but still be allowed our medicine.

Three cheers, and hash hash hurray for the good citizens of Michigan!!:D

I think only the newer states to adopt the M.M. law have the reciprocation clause. Look into Arizona's new law.

http://www.canorml.org/faq.html

10. I am traveling to another state. Can I use my California medical marijuana card or recommendation there?

Montana and Michigan have reciprocity in their medical marijuana laws. Rhode Island respects out-of-state recommendations for any "debilitating medical condition." Vermont allows recommendations from neighboring states for Vermont residents only. See Active State Medical Marijuana Programs

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3391#

• 2 weeks later...

Az Catch 22?

In Arizona, out-of-state ID cards or their equivalents will provide protection for the amount of marijuana allowed in Arizona (2.5 oz) and within the restrictions included in the Arizona law (no public use, etc) IF the patient has a debilitating condition that qualifies under the Arizona law. However, dispensaries in Arizona cannot sell to patients with out-of state ID cards. -- Karen O'Keefe, Marijuana Policy Project.

Any Information on If My Michigan M.M. Card is good in any other states?

Is Nevada one ? All info. do"s dont"s ?? :unsure:

Reciprocity

Nevada does not have a reciprocity program with other states which allow people to become medical marijuana patients. If you do not have a Nevada patient ID you will not be protected from prosecution under Nevada law.

The Nevada medical necessity defense should still apply to an out of state patient, but be careful. Avoid traveling in Nevada with your medicine if you are an out of state patient. The risk of having your medicine taken and facing possession charges in Nevada is not worth it, even if you might ultimately beat the rap with a medical necessity defense.

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=2046

• 1 month later...

Montana and Mi. have reciprosity clauses. Maybe one other in the N. East. Maryland?? R

Rhode Island but stilll be carefuil there are different laws that apply you need to call their program and ask and remember everywhere most people are confused on what your rights truely are . Verify everything yourself or with your own legal representative .

• 1 month later...

It is very easy to obtain a medical marijuana card from another state as long as you have a debilitating medical condition which is approved for use in that said state...for instance my Dr.s Office THCF (they are not card mill Dr. you must have all chart notes on file) has offices in every state that has a mj program...call ahead of your visit and set up an appt at their office in the state your visiting you can use your hotel address as your new address in that state...bam u are now a legal patient of that state and can visit all the shops you want...who needs amsterdam now!!!

Archived