Green Dragon Flavors?

I have a patient (Quadriplegic) who is doing very well on green dragon for neuralgia.

We've been using brandy (80 proof) for our alcohol base due to flavoring. It's still a bit hot for sublingual application.

Has anybody tried any flavorings without sugar to mellow out the tincture? She does well on mixing with drinks, but when her pain kicks in, nothing beats under the tongue application for speed.

Thanks in advance.

I like weak tinctures added to tea, so I haven't tried it, but I read that sublingual tinctures work best when they're very strong and concentrated. i.e. start with Everclear or other 190 proof alcohol (available in Wisconson or Indiana, not Michigan), then cook down the extract / tincture to a small volume of the starting amount.

I would think that if you cooked down a Brandy tincture that you would end up with flavored water and cannabis, since the alcohol fraction of the Brandy will boil off before the water fraction.

Guest thequietone

It is expensive, but I think it will be worth it in the end. A friend turned me on to it and this is all he uses now, tells me it works better then Everclear. I will be ordering up some soon to try it for myself.

Archived