Starting Some New Strains

Afi

I picked up these old school strains at the caregivers market in Lansing and was wondering if anyone has an experience with them smoking or growing. I am starting my own breeding program the Afi X Purple Skunk is my cross that I want to keep crossing back to my clone only Afi strain that is still goin strong after 20 some years of cloning. I cant seem to find much out about Brainstorm but white russian seems to be promising any help would be much appreciated and any advice from Tricloud would be much appreciated since I hear your the master of breeding. I have alot of experience growing but have little experience breeding. The reason I am doing my own thing is I have not been able to find any new strains that compare to the old ones. I am sure there are some out there but I have not found any. Peace out and Thanks, Old School Afi Rules :) :) :)

I picked up these old school strains at the caregivers market in Lansing and was wondering if anyone has an experience with them smoking or growing. I am starting my own breeding program the Afi X Purple Skunk is my cross that I want to keep crossing back to my clone only Afi strain that is still goin strong after 20 some years of cloning. I cant seem to find much out about Brainstorm but white russian seems to be promising any help would be much appreciated and any advice from Tricloud would be much appreciated since I hear your the master of breeding. I have alot of experience growing but have little experience breeding. The reason I am doing my own thing is I have not been able to find any new strains that compare to the old ones. I am sure there are some out there but I have not found any. Peace out and Thanks, Old School Afi Rules :) :) :)

The White Russian is from serious seeds and brainstorm is from dutch passion.

Hi Afi,

I've not found any Affi's that are as nice as the ones we used to get back in the early 80's. Nice that you have a good one!

I don't know much about the strains you mentioned but if you want to back cross that Affi girl you just keep the best males from each consecutive generation for back breeding her. Keep doing that until you come up with something you like.

I like to use more than one male each generation but I use them on separate clones so I am sure all males I use produce top shelf offspring. The more males you use per generation on the same female the more variable the seeds will be. Cull the males that don't produce top quality females.

Hi Afi,

I've not found any Affi's that are as nice as the ones we used to get back in the early 80's. Nice that you have a good one!

I don't know much about the strains you mentioned but if you want to back cross that Affi girl you just keep the best males from each consecutive generation for back breeding her. Keep doing that until you come up with something you like.

I like to use more than one male each generation but I use them on separate clones so I am sure all males I use produce top shelf offspring. The more males you use per generation on the same female the more variable the seeds will be. Cull the males that don't produce top quality females.

I seem to be on the right track with what you are saying. I hear you about not finding many good afi strains anymore. I feel that way about all of the old school strains like NL,WW,Super Skunk, and so on. Is it that there using different phenos and lost the originals in breeding or what? Alot of the younger crowd thinks I am crazy and maybe I am but I think the potency is missing in a lot of the old greats and new ones. I appreciate what you are doing breeding your own and wold like to check out some of your strains some day. Maybe someday we cold meet at a compassion club and talk I would surely be interested in seeing or maybe even trading samples. Peace Out, Afi

I seem to be on the right track with what you are saying. I hear you about not finding many good afi strains anymore. I feel that way about all of the old school strains like NL,WW,Super Skunk, and so on. Is it that there using different phenos and lost the originals in breeding or what? Alot of the younger crowd thinks I am crazy and maybe I am but I think the potency is missing in a lot of the old greats and new ones. I appreciate what you are doing breeding your own and wold like to check out some of your strains some day. Maybe someday we cold meet at a compassion club and talk I would surely be interested in seeing or maybe even trading samples. Peace Out, Afi

I got seeds from the seed bank of Holland back in the late 80s. Every female plant from those seeds was a great plant. I am so disappointed with the genetics I have got so far. Today it seems like you have to grow a bunch of plants to find one that is genetically worth keeping as a mother plant. In all honesty I have been buying the less expensive genetics from places like Nirvana so maybe I need to go for the $250 for 10 beans from one of the designer breeders.

I got seeds from the seed bank of Holland back in the late 80s. Every female plant from those seeds was a great plant. I am so disappointed with the genetics I have got so far. Today it seems like you have to grow a bunch of plants to find one that is genetically worth keeping as a mother plant. In all honesty I have been buying the less expensive genetics from places like Nirvana so maybe I need to go for the $250 for 10 beans from one of the designer breeders.

Yes, the 80s early 90s seem to be the era when really good strains were abundant and we need to get that back. I don`t know if the high $ places are better or not I have had both be a disappointment but playing with genetics can be like winning the lottery cross your fingers and you could get lucky.

i think the genetics are out their but people don't want to give them up i have some seeds from about 10 years old or maybe 15 years anyway i don't have many left Leo took 21 that was the first grow

the next time i put them inn the dirt i just want to make sure they (Leo) don't take them again

I know there are still some left out there but I was mostly referring to the seed companies selling inferior strains and calling them connoisseur grade. That sucks leo got u like that but we will win in the end.

Yes, the 80s early 90s seem to be the era when really good strains were abundant and we need to get that back. I don`t know if the high $ places are better or not I have had both be a disappointment but playing with genetics can be like winning the lottery cross your fingers and you could get lucky.

There are still good genetics out there, you just have to wade through lots of crap to find the special stuff.

Even way back, there was no guarantee that every single plant that come from the same batch of seed would be superior.

If you are looking for anything "pure" like Affi, good luck, there aren't many pure lines left. The ones that are still out there have protectors or high dollar stickers on 'em.

Archived