Fried My Ballast

Ok so in switching rooms tonite I plugged in the ballast and the plug that's supposed to go to the light was touching my hood and it popped the breaker. So I unplug reset the breaker and plugged back in, snap crackle pop and a blue spark. SO I hooked back up my metal halide ballast and switched it back to 110 so I cld use timer. Anyone know what kind of effect it has switching back to MH in the middle of budding? Thanks

Ok so in switching rooms tonite I plugged in the ballast and the plug that's supposed to go to the light was touching my hood and it popped the breaker. So I unplug reset the breaker and plugged back in, snap crackle pop and a blue spark. SO I hooked back up my metal halide ballast and switched it back to 110 so I cld use timer. Anyone know what kind of effect it has switching back to MH in the middle of budding? Thanks

I think if you add some twisty red cfls to the grow for now you will be fine but get crackin on getting another hps mh is blue and is used for vegetation not flower .

I have never had this problem but I cant imagine it would have much effect if you remedy the problem swiftly by getting a new hps bulb. The difference is the spectrum each specific light gives off. If you keep the mh light til the end of the flowering period I would imagine the buds would not fill out as well and you would probably have significant vegetation within the buds and probably less thc content.

Archived