Confusion With Medical Marijuana Law

I just recently became a medical marijuana patient and I live with my caregiver. I realize that there is a lot of confusion with the Michigan medical marijuana law and my caregiver and I was hoping that we could get some advice from some experienced growers regarding the law.

First off, I am the ONLY patient of my care giver(who is NOT a patient), so legally my caregiver can grow 12 or 24 plants?

Second, The law says 12 plants and possession of no more than 2.5 ounces, obviously if you are growing right and harvest your twelve plants(or even less), you are going to have well over that 2.5 ounces, so are you breaking the law?

In my investigating of all the confusion the law has brought iv noticed that a lot of the charges brought against card holders are because they are growing over their limit of 12 or however many or they have somehow broken the michigan medical marijuana law. Also that if growers are smart and follow the law and still get raided, they usually get nothing taken or no charges(just property damage).

Thanks for any replies!

I just recently became a medical marijuana patient and I live with my caregiver. I realize that there is a lot of confusion with the Michigan medical marijuana law and my caregiver and I was hoping that we could get some advice from some experienced growers regarding the law.

First off, I am the ONLY patient of my care giver(who is NOT a patient), so legally my caregiver can grow 12 or 24 plants?

Second, The law says 12 plants and possession of no more than 2.5 ounces, obviously if you are growing right and harvest your twelve plants(or even less), you are going to have well over that 2.5 ounces, so are you breaking the law?

In my investigating of all the confusion the law has brought iv noticed that a lot of the charges brought against card holders are because they are growing over their limit of 12 or however many or they have somehow broken the michigan medical marijuana law. Also that if growers are smart and follow the law and still get raided, they usually get nothing taken or no charges(just property damage).

Thanks for any replies!

12 plants only.

If he's an experienced gardener he can stagger your grow/harvest so you won't be over and still have medication.

You can have in your possession 2.5 OZ of usable marijuana and your caregiver can hold 2.5 oz of usable marijuana for you.

Stay with-in the law don't tell anyone anything and you'll be fine.

Thanks for any replies!

. Also that if growers are smart and follow the law and still get raided, they usually get nothing taken or no charges(just property damage).

well have you read about are case?

Was also wondering if anyone could give some input or help regarding my caregivers grow. They have 1 1000 watt air cooled lamp that is MH and HPS compatible. Because staggered growth is needed to stay within the legal 2.5 ounces(5 in me and my caregivers case), they will only be able to use the MH for veg for so long before the first one they started will be ready to sex and bud, which then it should be put under a HPS bulb and 12/12 lighting. They do have a 400 watt lamp they can use either HPS or MH bulbs also. So because there is a difference in bulbs and timing, would it be better to use the 1000 watt for veg or bud?

Also, has any one heard of cases where people were within the michigan medical marijuana law but only had their applications(after the 20th day) when they got raided? Sent application almost two months ago and the check was cashed, just waiting on the card, know about the delay but wondering how safe it is to grow with just the app? And do they send you any acceptance letter after the 20th day?

Any suggestions on improved lighting or anything else will be appreciated!! Thanks for the previous info!!

Archived