Water Purification City Water

LITLJON

When using city (chlorinated) water is it really necessary to use a RO, rather than use De-chlorinator & Sediment Filter? Most pathogens are killed by the chlorine correct? I know many of you just let your city water sit to remove the chlorine I'm not referring to that. A ppm reading would tell all but you know looking for thoughts on this.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/

0 ppm Reverse Osmosis 2 OUTPUT RODI WaterFilter ROH-6B2W-150

$115.00 shipped. comes with a float switch. get you a $10 food grade plastic barrel and mount the float switch, tap into your pipes for water and drain and never look back.

i've ran two of these models one for myself and one for a friend both rooms using 50 gal res hydro systems and the water is used for aero cloners, moms, other plants etc so they both get alot of use. after a year they are both holding up perfectly and readings are only at about 20ppm when the tap source is around 350. replacements for all 6 stages is $73. i've never replaced them and probably will when it gets to about 50 ppm.

Be careful with RO as you have to provide everything a plant needs when using hydro with RO water. Tap water has goods and bads. To be honest I use filtered ( non RO) tap water due to the fact that my nute program "CANNA" recommends it. The filtered tap also removes the need for calmag supplements.

Maybe you could put em side by side and do a experiment for us? :thumbsu:

You said pathogens are killed by chlorine. Most filters filter out chlorine whether RO or not.... so the pathogens are still there. Of course, if you're using clean water, in a pitch black hydro set up (lightless) and being clean with all your tools and yourself, you will never see a problem with patogens,virus etc.

Peace

Today is the start of week 4 of veg on my very first grow.

I am using tap water that has sit for at least 24 hours with an air stone in it.

pH balance the water before watering and pH balance after nutes are added.

Haven't had a single problem yet as far as water goes.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/

0 ppm Reverse Osmosis 2 OUTPUT RODI WaterFilter ROH-6B2W-150

$115.00 shipped. comes with a float switch. get you a $10 food grade plastic barrel and mount the float switch, tap into your pipes for water and drain and never look back.

i've ran two of these models one for myself and one for a friend both rooms using 50 gal res hydro systems and the water is used for aero cloners, moms, other plants etc so they both get alot of use. after a year they are both holding up perfectly and readings are only at about 20ppm when the tap source is around 350. replacements for all 6 stages is $73. i've never replaced them and probably will when it gets to about 50 ppm.

wow, I just got schooled... Paid 200+ for my Hydrologic RO system and it's a 3 stage..

Archived