How Long Of A Wait For Caregiver Card

Indicat

the CG card should arrive shortly after the patient card, both around 4 months. This is why we use the 'paperwork' to represent the card after 21 days of check cashing.

Also, you should know the patient you are working with, knowing your patient - you avoid cops with fake cards! :thumbsu:

Check the MDCH monthly for their message:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869---,00.html

"....At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us. Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received at the end of August. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to early August. "

-DN

the CG card should arrive shortly after the patient card, both around 4 months. This is why we use the 'paperwork' to represent the card after 21 days of check cashing.

Also, you should know the patient you are working with, knowing your patient - you avoid cops with fake cards! :thumbsu:

Check the MDCH monthly for their message:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869---,00.html

"....At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us. Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received at the end of August. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to early August. "

-DN

I got a response from the state about my card application, 2 responses actually, one certified and a copy of it in the regular mail, from the state today, "Denied". I have the list of ailments plus some required to get a card. It took them well over a month to reply. They said I was denied because my acceptance of disability from SSI did not state ..as they say.."my disability". Well first of all, this SSI acceptance form was done back about 11 years ago, I don't know about now but back then they never stated what the disability was on the acceptance form. I thought I was doing well by still having the 11 year old acceptance paper..but I guess not. I called SSI today and asked them if there was more to the acceptance paper, they said that they only keep those records for 7 years and they had no idea.

Now SSI is going to send me a new acceptance paper hopefully stating my reason for my disability as I requested. But I am sure they will screw it up and I will be on the phone talking to a machine for another hour. I did notice that on the bottom of the letter from the state it did say that if I mailed the letter back with $75 bucks then they will give me the card immediately.

First of all..I sure as h*ll don't have the $75 bucks, second is the fact that the $75 bucks does not change my status of my SSI..as my SSI status is what is in question in the first place.

I guess i just wait for the letter from SSI and resend it in again. The only thing that the sate was prompt on was cashing my check.

Gage.

The state is denying you because they say you do not have adequate proof of being on disability therefore you do not qualify for the discounted rate of 25 dollars. This is standard precedure for them and has nothing to do with your qualifications for the mmj card. You can either wait for your new letter from disability then send that to them OR you can just pay at the full rate of 100 dollars thus the 75 dollars more to go with the 25 dollars already sent. So really up to you how much longer you want or can wait to get your card done. But has NOTHING to do with your qualifications for the card.

Good luck.

Ohh yea and yea standard proceedure is cash that check....

I got a response from the state about my card application, 2 responses actually, one certified and a copy of it in the regular mail, from the state today, "Denied". I have the list of ailments plus some required to get a card. It took them well over a month to reply. They said I was denied because my acceptance of disability from SSI did not state ..as they say.."my disability". Well first of all, this SSI acceptance form was done back about 11 years ago, I don't know about now but back then they never stated what the disability was on the acceptance form. I thought I was doing well by still having the 11 year old acceptance paper..but I guess not. I called SSI today and asked them if there was more to the acceptance paper, they said that they only keep those records for 7 years and they had no idea.

Now SSI is going to send me a new acceptance paper hopefully stating my reason for my disability as I requested. But I am sure they will screw it up and I will be on the phone talking to a machine for another hour. I did notice that on the bottom of the letter from the state it did say that if I mailed the letter back with $75 bucks then they will give me the card immediately.

First of all..I sure as h*ll don't have the $75 bucks, second is the fact that the $75 bucks does not change my status of my SSI..as my SSI status is what is in question in the first place.

I guess i just wait for the letter from SSI and resend it in again. The only thing that the sate was prompt on was cashing my check.

Im on ssdi, I sent the 100 bucks, I cant afford not to have my card!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

• 6 months later...

Gage.

The state is denying you because they say you do not have adequate proof of being on disability therefore you do not qualify for the discounted rate of 25 dollars. This is standard precedure for them and has nothing to do with your qualifications for the mmj card. You can either wait for your new letter from disability then send that to them OR you can just pay at the full rate of 100 dollars thus the 75 dollars more to go with the 25 dollars already sent. So really up to you how much longer you want or can wait to get your card done. But has NOTHING to do with your qualifications for the card.

Good luck.

Ohh yea and yea standard proceedure is cash that check....

I finally got my card after a year, I had to have SS send me a copy of my paperwork that was reworded to have the word "disability" in it,the older paperwork did not use the word disability, they knew exactly what I was talking about too...I would guess I was not the first. I told them exactly how it was, I don't have the extra 75 bucks...I was just waiting for the lady on the phone to tell me to just pay the extra 75...I would have brought her a stack of my doctor bills and dropped them on her feet and let her see what it's like to not be able to walk.

So now I have had my card for six months, been through a few providers, haven't seen so much as a seed.

That last guy was two months late on my oz. I called him and told him that I now owe people that I have been bumbing

meds from and I need to pay them back, he told me that he just did some planting and it would be a few more month yet !

Our agreement was an oz. a month NOW and I could care less about this overage. Not the total of seven months that he was talking about.

I made it very clear to him what I thought of his seven month plan.

I am about to just say the hell with it and go back on the pills, at least they sort of work and insurance pays for half.

I finally got my card after a year, I had to have SS send me a copy of my paperwork that was reworded to have the word "disability" in it,the older paperwork did not use the word disability, they knew exactly what I was talking about too...I would guess I was not the first. I told them exactly how it was, I don't have the extra 75 bucks...I was just waiting for the lady on the phone to tell me to just pay the extra 75...I would have brought her a stack of my doctor bills and dropped them on her feet and let her see what it's like to not be able to walk.

So now I have had my card for six months, been through a few providers, haven't seen so much as a seed.

That last guy was two months late on my oz. I called him and told him that I now owe people that I have been bumbing

meds from and I need to pay them back, he told me that he just did some planting and it would be a few more month yet !

Our agreement was an oz. a month NOW and I could care less about this overage. Not the total of seven months that he was talking about.

I made it very clear to him what I thought of his seven month plan.

I am about to just say the hell with it and go back on the pills, at least they sort of work and insurance pays for half.

Very sorry to hear all that. Yea the state and federal governments

do not do anything in a timely manner but that is just rediculous.

Advertise on this site that you are looking for a caregiver. Be honest

and up front and ask anyone you talk to to do the same. You should find

a good caregiver around here somewhere but try not to give up as it will

be well worth it when you do finally find a good caregiver.

Good luck and good health.

Archived