Help!-Yellow Leaves With Brown Spots Spreading!

pearlysweetcakes

Pearlysweetcakes problem is spider mites, I don't know about Hofner67 but would advise inspection with a scope.

used a soil ph sensor ph=6. I will check runoff in the morning. bought some lime, but....I guess I'll check runoff and see.

Wasn't too concerned, it started with the large leafs...I however have a leaf looking like the picture near the bud. Not sure if the leaves are just dying. I don't like it when I have to clip a leaf with resins on it. Might be harvest time, just a tad early.

I've seen some spider mite,but it seems under control as daylight temps are at 60 and night at 55, 50% humidity. A little cool but it is what it is.

It's a ph issue and is runnin to low. Foxfarm is famous for there f'ed up ph issues and is the reason I dropped runnin there stuff. Add 4 tablespoon of lime to EACH bag of fozfarm and this issue will be gone. Check your ph from your run-off and you'll see it's now in the low 5's. Add a couple teaspoons full of lime to the tops of the soil to each pot and try to mix that into the soil and water them. Flushing will not help this issue as it's not a over fed issue.I fought foxfram soil for the past 2 years and finally gave up and went with sunshine mix number 4. That stuff is way more stable and my run-off now comes out at 6.1.You'll need to water and feed this soil at a higher ph then normal to combat the ph dropping so water at 7.0 to 7.2 and feed at 6.6 ph. With the lime added your problem will vanish in no time. I could show ya a bunch of leaf pic's just like the one ya posted and thats from your ph being off. Wrong ph and they cant eat.... :thumbsu:

I love the response hehehehehehe. Not everything is fixed by flushing and can hurt more then help. ALWAY check PH first as that's the problem most times. Ph and ppms and check that run-off often.......................

Good luck and dont worry, if ya do what I said you'll be back runnin fine in no time. :rock:

Would you add the Lime to the plants late in flower?

No be to late at that point. Early bloom yes but just wouldn't matter at say week 7. Soil ph testers are junk. Use a good tri meter and check run-off. 6.3 is what yer lookin for in soil. My girls like it anyways.

Mites wont cause the brown rust spots. That's from ph being off and not able to uptake food right.Foxy farms says there bunny muffin is ph'd but bull crap. If ya dont run lime and run your feeds and waterings up there then you'll have issues. Anytime your soil ph run-off is in the low 5's you have issues. No matter if the plant show or not. 5.2 in soil is not a good thing....

Thanks kruztydj,

As I'm on city water, the ph out of the tap is about 8. I've been squirting in a bit of lemon juice in the water. Sometimes, maybe too much, hence the ph problem.

For ph testing, I have those litmus strips and now the soil tester. But yeah, I think the soil tester is a bit suspect.

Will monitor ph better in next grow for sure. For now, they were about ready anyway. I was planning on a harvest within two weeks. Flushed 3 days ago. Water only from here on out.

Again, thanks.

Hofner67

No be to late at that point. Early bloom yes but just wouldn't matter at say week 7. Soil ph testers are junk. Use a good tri meter and check run-off. 6.3 is what yer lookin for in soil. My girls like it anyways.

Mites wont cause the brown rust spots. That's from ph being off and not able to uptake food right.Foxy farms says there bunny muffin is ph'd but bull crap. If ya dont run lime and run your feeds and waterings up there then you'll have issues. Anytime your soil ph run-off is in the low 5's you have issues. No matter if the plant show or not. 5.2 in soil is not a good thing....

That's what I though, just making sure. Thanks.

[Yes-I did have spider mite eggs-I treated & continue to control that issue-BUT-the couple of plants are still struggling-I do not use Fox Farms Soil-I just use Foxfarms nutes & I can bet I used too much-I might have a PH problem also & everybody is being VERY helpful--thanks thank!!quote name=Dilligaf' timestamp='1292700691' post='243792]

Pearlysweetcakes problem is spider mites, I don't know about Hofner67 but would advise inspection with a scope.

My run off PH is 6.2?? My leaves are now yellow & I have lost ALOT of them-hope to have pics posted-I am tryin to keep enough fan leaves to feed the buds-but it is lookin iFFY-It is just in my dirt grow-& it seems ALL my dirt grow is shoing signs of it :growl: If I read the advice right my PH is right on-but there is diffenetlky a problem-I use city water -let it sit out at least 24 & usually has a ph of 7 or below which I adjust-at 8 wks you just have to hang on-like you say maybe harvest a little soon-Again Thanks to all & all advice is appreciated as I have 4 girls behind this one that need help!quote name='hofner67' timestamp='1292763920' post='244014']

I'm 8 weeks and not going to use lime as I'm soo close and I can reverse the ph by not using lemon in my water on out. Are the leaves bad near your buds?

all five of my cycles so far i have made this mistake.

i went from ph, to water quality, to temp and environment.

turns out, and this is a theory i am just now testing on cycle 6 a single female plant. I am not feeding her anything. nothing but RO water. and shredders organic soil mixture found here

http://nemicompassionclub.ning.com/forum/topics/need-a-bit-of-help?commentId=3239723%3AComment%3A6482

I would say u are potentialy having the same problem i have been suffering through, and if i am rite, then it's too late, flush with clean water, and let them continue. clip the dead leaves....and don't worry, the next run will get better. she will still produce flower. just give her h2o only from now till she finishes, don't try to "fix the burn" unfortunately the damage is done.

mine all matured still, and they smoke just fine....takes quite a bit longer to trim them (u wanna get any burned leaves close to the buds clipped off to avoid harsh taste) but salvaged none the less.

good luck

peace

fyi i am just starting 3rd week of flower on test plant, and this is when they always get burned. i had fed them lightly 1/2 nutes GH floro novum bloom in a happy frog soil. now like i said RO water, non ph adjusted, in organic soil mix. so far so good. no signs of leaf damage yet.

the thing is, i didn't realize until this last cycle, that the burn actually happened in week 3 but didn't show until week 4 or later. starts off as really small spots, then turns to more leaves, and more damage then all of a sudden its like BAM 1/2 the leaves looked yellow and these HUGE brown spots show up.

try cutting your nutes.

premixed soils have TONS of crappola in them and if you use them, u must ask someone else who also does to know what to watch for. at least in the beginning...

also be aware, i read that letting city water sit out and bubble the bleach out, doesn't work in most Michigan municipalities. they now use chromide? chloromide? something a cheaper chemical than chlorine that must be filtered out, it doesn't release by air actuation.

Your discription sounds exactly like what is going on in my grow room-& I even think it is in the same week that it started to show--then like you say BAM-I am now just using H2o on them-the worst ones are still flowering & it looks like the damage gas stoped even thought they look "sad"-the ones behind them were also starting to show the damamge& I am hoping I caught them in time. Since this is the end of my dirt grow-I only had a couple to transplant & I used Happy Frog-I knew form what was going on not to even think about adding nutes! My first grow In dirt went fine BUT I used Pro-mix & dyna nutes-this grow was different soil & Fox Farms nutes--BIG difference! Again thanks to ALL !!!

If your ph is off it wont matter what nute ya use as the plant wont uptake it. You need a good tri meter as badly as a good hps light. Test strips and test bottles just wont do and sad to say the ph pens are all junk. Spend the 300 bucks or less for a good meter and your plants will jump right out of the buckets.What your prolly seeing in those leafs is a cal def as it cant uptake that at a ph in the low 5's. You can dump it in till your arms fall of any if wont matter. Plant can-not eate if the ph is wacked..... You guys fix that and you fix 90% of your grow issues.. Well from what I'm hearing anyways. Always ph after ya mix yer nutes and let mix sit for 5 minutes and recheck.

I agree it is some sort of lock/block, but both our ph's are ok. Instead I am starting to think maybe the soil is getting too compacted cause we are both late in the grow. What I've done and I should probably do it more is push the sides of the bucket in to loosen roots and soil up. I've the cheap/thin buckets. Loosening the soil will make the plants fall over. Have your bamboo and string ready.

Is this procedure advisable?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for the Post-Hope u all had a peaceful holiday. What ever the issue was with the Yellow leaves--Mine are recovering--I flushed-I stoped using ANY nutes-& I trimmed--They are recovering & blooming although the yield will be affected-I don't think the quality will be-STILL don't know what it was-but flushing & backin oFF the nutes did the trick for me! Hope we all have a healthy crop year! :goodjob:

Archived