Compassion?

When I first signed up for Medical Marijuana program if I would have known all the BS that I had to deal with I would have never got involved.I am not dying or have a condition that makes it hard to live day to day,I am not that poor that I need my meds for free.I have 2 bad discs,degenitive arthritis and bone spurs.I also use the meds to help me sleep and relieve stress that gives me headaches.When I wasnt in the program I was using xanax to sleep and pain meds/muscle relaxers for pain.To get those I get a script from my doctor go to CVS and I was done.

Since I have been in the program(got my papers end of aug)I havent got not one bud from my caregiver.Drove from 20 mins from my house to hrs to pay $125 to buy a 1/4 of meds....$500 for a ounce of meds!!!!!!It didnt mater if it was a compassion club or a dispencery I was getting robbed.Some times they just have shake(which they would sell cheeper)or are out of what I needed.

So today a friend tells me of a club/hydro store that has good prices($12 a gm well better than I have been used to) and its only 15 mins where I was.So I went to check it out.The guy gives me his best sell job,tells me if I join for $2 a month I would get a free 1/2 and good meds for good prices.But first since I dont have my card he has to call the doctor and see if I actually saw him.Says that its to make sure I am not a cop.Well I waited for the doc to call him back ,I waited a hr and he never called.So now I am forced to pay $25 for a gm and make someone rich or go back to taking my pills.While I am waiting this grower comes in and says thay have some overages and clones and wanted to know if they wanted them.Naming off all the good stuff..AK47,blueberry ,kush ect and I cant even get a joint of some good meds that wont make me broke.I couldnt stay any longer cause I would just get more upset.

Sorry for the rant but I had to tell someone...I am done now.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Many of us have been forced to grow our own for this very reason. The world is full of vultures trying to cash in on the trusting in need. If you can't grow your own, you have to get out and network at compassion clubs and events, create your own supply line of trusted honest caregivers. They are out there, believe me. I know of a lot of very fair and compassionate caregivers on this site. I'm sure someone in the right situation will be able to help you, and I'm sorry that you experienced the seedy side of our movement.

1T

hello bandit

you may want to say where your located at and maybe someone close might be able to help but not knowing where is an issue... caution is going to always be an issue until more definition is made... there is a very big network out here you may want to use it and see who can help... compassion is out here just your not finding it in your area... dont give up... talk with others get known and things may change for you...

abbe

hello bandit

you may want to say where your located at and maybe someone close might be able to help but not knowing where is an issue... caution is going to always be an issue until more definition is made... there is a very big network out here you may want to use it and see who can help... compassion is out here just your not finding it in your area... dont give up... talk with others get known and things may change for you...

abbe

I am in Roseville thanks

hello bandit

good now we have an area to watch out for and point someone to you im in battle creek so i cannt be of much help other than when i talk with someone close to you putting you 2 together... i at least now can look around... wished i was as when i have extras would be nice to get them to you... you do sound like you need the break...

abbe

When I first signed up for Medical Marijuana program if I would have known all the BS that I had to deal with I would have never got involved.I am not dying or have a condition that makes it hard to live day to day,I am not that poor that I need my meds for free.I have 2 bad discs,degenitive arthritis and bone spurs.I also use the meds to help me sleep and relieve stress that gives me headaches.When I wasnt in the program I was using xanax to sleep and pain meds/muscle relaxers for pain.To get those I get a script from my doctor go to CVS and I was done.

Since I have been in the program(got my papers end of aug)I havent got not one bud from my caregiver.Drove from 20 mins from my house to hrs to pay $125 to buy a 1/4 of meds....$500 for a ounce of meds!!!!!!It didnt mater if it was a compassion club or a dispencery I was getting robbed.Some times they just have shake(which they would sell cheeper)or are out of what I needed.

So today a friend tells me of a club/hydro store that has good prices($12 a gm well better than I have been used to) and its only 15 mins where I was.So I went to check it out.The guy gives me his best sell job,tells me if I join for $2 a month I would get a free 1/2 and good meds for good prices.But first since I dont have my card he has to call the doctor and see if I actually saw him.Says that its to make sure I am not a cop.Well I waited for the doc to call him back ,I waited a hr and he never called.So now I am forced to pay $25 for a gm and make someone rich or go back to taking my pills.While I am waiting this grower comes in and says thay have some overages and clones and wanted to know if they wanted them.Naming off all the good stuff..AK47,blueberry ,kush ect and I cant even get a joint of some good meds that wont make me broke.I couldnt stay any longer cause I would just get more upset.

Sorry for the rant but I had to tell someone...I am done now.

No Doctor is going to give that information over the phone who wants to keep his license.

Roseville has a CC that meets at The Knights Of Columbus on 12 Mile Rd and M-97 its run by MOCC their web site is WWW.thc4u.com. I belong as does my daughter great people!

hey bandit

also have you talked with anyone about what works for your aliment and types of strains to try out... that way when you do find a cg you can ask if he can grow what works for you and keep it in stock for your needs... just a though i talk with others and suggest that you have 3 strains for your aliment so you dont get use to just one or have to find something else that works for you... g/l

abbe

i dont go to walgreens hoping to find compassion, i got there expecting to pay a decent price for marked up meds.... when u got to get em from a walgreens you gotta deal with their costs. I dont go to a disp with the idea they will have the cheapest meds to be found. that all most seems obvious. if youve been legal since aug and havent heard from ur cg....why in the hell haven't you got a dif one? If your back hurt and you couldt get into your doctor for 5 months would you complain or find a dif doc....i know what id do.

hey bandit

yes bb this is a though of a private group of growers who grow but dont have patients or who have extras... how to get them to ones who need them and then the big ? is how to protect them... if this is to work there has to be a fund that would have to be made from each with in this group kept with a lawyer for retaining to help in cost of legal fees when needed by someone in this group... this few should be per each harvest say 200 a cost of a z... or monthly how every the details would be... with in this group very private would be know when extras are made avalible so be moved into the area to help there... the other idea here is why should i grow something that someone else is for say one of my local patient why not trade within the group to supply to that patient... these are details to be worked out so all will be on the same page this may not work for all but might be a base to look at... we may want to start a message just to see if others like this like its own topic...

abbe

Guest 1TokeOverLine

The idea of a growing co-op isn't new, we've been discussing this for a long time, the Act seems to leave this a viable option, the logistics just need to be worked out. We need less discussion and more action IMO.

Sorry for being off-topic, Bandit, and don't mean to hijack your thread.

1T

Many of us have been forced to grow our own for this very reason. The world is full of vultures trying to cash in on the trusting in need. If you can't grow your own, you have to get out and network at compassion clubs and events, create your own supply line of trusted honest caregivers. They are out there, believe me. I know of a lot of very fair and compassionate caregivers on this site. I'm sure someone in the right situation will be able to help you, and I'm sorry that you experienced the seedy side of our movement.

1T

Try this site:

http://michigan-caregiver.com/default.htm

If there are compassion clubs then why not non-profit dispensaries? Socialized medical cannabis.

I wish it was simple but it's not. It cost big bucks to become non-profit. I can tell you first hand, non-profit doesn't = great prices or good care. It's sad to say that but it's true.

I'm not speaking for every organization but there's a lot out there that make tons of money but books say they are breaking even.

I've been concerned about the seeds. Cannabis capitalists mimic Monsanto, claiming ownership of a living thing. They produce genetically modified plants that will not reproduce - that will ultimately affect endemic or land race strains as to cause de-evolvolution, as it were. Call it, the Devo Weed.

Community cannabis dispensaries might become grand in scale, imagining new age architecture comparative in size to existing medical centers and hospital complexes but simpler, having more open space for gatherings and fairs. "There'll be spandex jackets, one for everyone."

Mega-dispensaries foster alternative medicine bazaars offering the ultimate in personal care for patients to browse and find comfort. A virtual shopping mall of supplements, therapies, physical rehab, fitness, testing labs, and on and on. But more importantly, socialized cannabis provides for a seed bank network that continually defines each new seed group offered for review through lab testing and patient feedback mechanisms and thereby providing medical cannabis menus with recommendations to match particular needs. In this way, all residents have affordable (if not free) access to quality seeds.

Some things shouldn't be owned by anyone, but remain the property of all human beings born unto this world.

You know I've been thinking about something similar. Our Mods and our big cat put in a forum yesterday for locating medication. So let me throw this out. What about a state wide patient/caregiver clearing house that would match excess to need. I would like it to be super private. Membership required, so details can be verified. It's just something I've been bouncing around. Folks if you have any ideas concerning this let me know. Thanks, Bb

With-in our small circle of patients/caregivers medicine is traded between us on a regular basis for just the reason you stated. One CG had a patient move away so he had 2.5 of meds ready for someone who needed them so we got him in touch with a patient who wanted to try a different strain.

The idea of a growing co-op isn't new, we've been discussing this for a long time, the Act seems to leave this a viable option, the logistics just need to be worked out. We need less discussion and more action IMO.

Sorry for being off-topic, Bandit, and don't mean to hijack your thread.

1T

No problem 1Toke....I just wanted to say thanks everybody.I maybe have to apolgize though....I sometimes make things bigger than they are.My girlfriend just calls me negitive or paranoid and since shes right 99% of the time I have to say the odds are in her favor.Like everything if its good, fun and safe people tend to want to tinkle on your shoes and try to outlaw it.But I also know that alot of good people are involved and do really care and are doing it because they enjoy helping.I also think I should have used a different title for my thread but it might be to late for that.

Archived