Personal Responsibility

The shooting in Arizona has brought to fore front the hate speak that has permeated the press and society for the past couple of years and even has appeared here in posts concerning the mistreatment of patients and caregivers by the legislature and LEO of Michigan.

I have personally made veiled threats and posted videos that did the same but from this time forward I won't.

I'll respond as calm as I possibly can but will never again make threats of any kind towards anyone it has no place in our society.

Practicing what I preach...

PEACE

Hate speak...Is that some kind of Orwellian clampdown on the right to dissent? Is it hatespeak to say Bush and Obama should burn in Hell for their crimes against humanity? Do you really want to neuter your own tongue even as innocent people are being murdered by our government?

Whoa...Whoa..."neuter my own tongue" Hardly! Dissent is completely different from hate speak. Putting cross hairs on someones picture and saying "second amendment solutions to elections we don't like" is hate speak.

I attended my first protest in 1971 at the tank arsenal plant with my older brother and the Vietnam Veterans Against The War and tasted tear gas for the first time at age eleven.

I've also attended "silent sit-ins" where no one said a thing and we were still gassed and beaten so I know a bit about dissent and the difference between it and hate speak.

Bush 1 & 2 deserve to be punished for their crimes against humanity but to spew death threats and the such has no place.

Peace

Whoa...Whoa..."neuter my own tongue" Hardly! Dissent is completely different from hate speak. Putting cross hairs on someones picture and saying "second amendment solutions to elections we don't like" is hate speak.

I attended my first protest in 1971 at the tank arsenal plant with my older brother and the Vietnam Veterans Against The War and tasted tear gas for the first time at age eleven.

I've also attended "silent sit-ins" where no one said a thing and we were still gassed and beaten so I know a bit about dissent and the difference between it and hate speak.

Bush 1 & 2 deserve to be punished for their crimes against humanity but to spew death threats and the such has no place.

Peace

Just call it what it is: a violent threat. Popularizing terms like hatespeak can only result in oppression as the definition expands to include non-violent opposition. There have already been calls to "ban conspiracy theories" and to make promotion of conspiracy theories a form of mental illness. I respect your intention by the way and also your lifetime of activism.

The shooting in Arizona has brought to fore front the hate speak that has permeated the press and society for the past couple of years and even has appeared here in posts concerning the mistreatment of patients and caregivers by the legislature and LEO of Michigan.

I have personally made veiled threats and posted videos that did the same but from this time forward I won't.

I'll respond as calm as I possibly can but will never again make threats of any kind towards anyone it has no place in our society.

Practicing what I preach...

PEACE

I for one sir applaud your decision. :goodjob::goodjob::thumbsu:

what needs to happen is get all these people who are there in government for themselves out and get people in there who care about the people who elected them. but as far as i cant tell all of them have there of motives to be there in office. but when it comes to hate speech sometimes i feel like people are being way to touchy and other times its way over the line...... All you can do is be the best person u can be and treat others the way u want to be treated.

what needs to happen is get all these people who are there in government for themselves out and get people in there who care about the people who elected them. but as far as i cant tell all of them have there of motives to be there in office. but when it comes to hate speech sometimes i feel like people are being way to touchy and other times its way over the line...... All you can do is be the best person u can be and treat others the way u want to be treated.

A true "Statesman" hasn't been elected in a very long time and the ones that are in it for the right reasons can't seem to get enough votes.

• 1 month later...

i feel that any complacency and withdrawing our self's from the use of weapons that our enemy employs be it a thermonuclear weapon or a word is in itself wrong.

that said hate speak will never die as long as 1 side uses it and the side that stops wont win... they will be overpowered by the other that much more rapidly.

my 0.2

not saying im right not saying your wrong just saying

Archived