Germinate Seeds

Herbeezhydro

Thanks to all who posted their ideas and experience. Just may be germinating some seeds soon for the first time.

Will probably go in soil either right from the start or after a short soak.

Question...what would be a good way to move or pick them up from a soak in water, fingers, tweezers, etc?

Clean fingers are fine, just be gentle.

seed popped after a little longer than 1 day in water about 1/4" I threw it in some soil and hope for the best. Just in time my 85 year old Grandma gave me 1K just because so I bought me a 400W HPS,inline fan and carbon filter, and mylar to grow in my cabinet till my room is ready :)

Thanks for the pics ,,If I plant right into soil how deep should they be in the soil. It seems like the times I planted when they were only like 1/8-1/4" they never popped out of the soil. The ones I planted at around 1" did fine.

It's best to plant most seeds twice as deep as they are wide. Marijuana seedlings can send a tap root down easily but they can get tore op on their way through the ground. 1/4 inch deep in moist soil works great. When you plant, lay the seed sideways instead of straight down. This helps prevent helmet heads.

Archived