Steelers/Jets --- Bears/Packers

i'm a steelers fan. plain and simple. have been since i was born. i have bradshaw jerseys older than most of you :) (i'm rockin' the polamalu today)

was talking with mrs. kenewell last week just before the jets downed her patriots. (i still think you need to see a doctor about that choice of teams..... and im not sure Bob is the one you need :) )

anyways, after listening to triple chin rex ryan pop off at the mouth for 2 weeks against the colts, and then the patriots, i was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed every morning this week watching sportscenter just waiting for the pillsbury dough coach to open his mouth and pizz off the steelers.

i guess he decided that wasnt a smart thing to do.

i see the steelers sneaking past the jets and then swamping the packers in the super bowl........

i honestly think it will be an AFC team, and i thought that before last weeks games as well. pittsburgh would have had problems with the patriots in new england..... so my hat is off to the jets for giving the steel city an AFC championship game today....

beware of the hair, and the polamalecules :)

90_f066cde6c4b532a5db565f77506d4922.jpg

whats everyone else thinking??

There is two things I agree with in this statement 1: Mrs. Kenewell having a bad choice of teams 2: The Packers are going to be in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately I don't think your steelers will be participating..... But thats why they play the game so we will see..... I am an E-A-G-L-E-S fan for life and after the Packers came into the Linc. and left us at home, then went down to Atlanta and punished one of the best home teams in the league for the last two years I don't think anyone can stop the pack.......

BG good luck to you and the your black and yellow towels.... if they win......... super bowl party at your house with a BUD BUFFET :D

There is two things I agree with in this statement 1: Mrs. Kenewell having a bad choice of teams 2: The Packers are going to be in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately I don't think your steelers will be participating..... But thats why they play the game so we will see..... I am an E-A-G-L-E-S fan for life and after the Packers came into the Linc. and left us at home, then went down to Atlanta and punished one of the best home teams in the league for the last two years I don't think anyone can stop the pack.......

BG good luck to you and the your black and yellow towels.... if they win......... super bowl party at your house with a BUD BUFFET :D

eagles?? oh boy :)

i gotta say though, the mike vick story is one of the coolest in sports in a LONG time. nothing but respect for that guy.

but yeah when the steelers make the big game, or on the rare occasion that the tigers make the world series, its always a party around here :)

I was born in philly my whole family still lives there so its the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and 76ers... I remember the day they signed Vick I ordered all 3 jerseys, it is an amazing story. I am just waiting for them to offer that nice contract to keep him and this young team together.

I do think you were onto something when you said earlier that Rex and the Jets haven't ran their mouths this week and it worries me because they haven't shut up since the beginning of the season....... even with that 0-2 start they had.

I am just hoping for a couple of good games today and my allergies not to bother me while trimming.

trim day here as well...... been sticky for about 4 hours already :(

gotta love sundays though.

and there really cannot be much dispute that the steelers and ravens are the 2 roughest teams in the league when it comes to knocking people out, throwing life altering blocks, and being just plain mean/physical ............... probably not smart to irk a sleeping grizzly.

My formative youth was traumatized by your Steelers growing up in Texas - lol.

The two Super Bowls the Cowboys lost to the Steelers in the 70's AND when Bum Phillips and the Oilers just couldn't get past them in those two AFC Championship Games....aaagghhhh

So, nothing personal...but, I hope Rex Ryan and the #6 seed Jets beat the Steelers today...and beat them bad.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Big Ben knocked out of the game. (And, after what he did in the off-season...he should have been thrown off the team. But, that's professional sports and the Rooney Family are hypocrites just like the rest of the owners)

My football wish is:

Jets 34

Steelers 22

Packers 45

Bears 17

Super Bowl?

Overtime

Dang, Bubblegrower....an Ohio State fan and Steelers fan? You're going to have to get together with me some time before next football season, medicate heavily together, and have me come around to your way of thinking! LOL!

Actually, my wife might be fantasizing about Troy's hair! I buy Head & Shoulders but it hasn't done a thing for me...LMAO!

With all this being said, as of right now...I'd have to agree with you. Your Steelers are the favorites to win it all after the Jets went into Foxboro and kicked the snot out of THE CHEATERS!

I guess I can take solace in the fact that the Patriots will NOT be winning the Super Bowl!

Take care Bubblegrower,

Mizerman

p.s. remember Pittsburgh's 3rd string running back from about 8-9 years ago, Chris Fuamatu Ma'afala? That guy won me my fantasy football championship after their other RB's were sidelined.

My formative youth was traumatized by your Steelers growing up in Texas - lol.

The two Super Bowls the Cowboys lost to the Steelers in the 70's AND when Bum Phillips and the Oilers just couldn't get past them in those two AFC Championship Games....aaagghhhh

So, nothing personal...but, I hope Rex Ryan and the #6 seed Jets beat the Steelers today...and beat them bad.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Big Ben knocked out of the game. (And, after what he did in the off-season...he should have been thrown off the team. But, that's professional sports and the Rooney Family are hypocrites just like the rest of the owners)

My football wish is:

Jets 34

Steelers 22

Packers 45

Bears 17

Super Bowl?

Overtime

Dang, Bubblegrower....an Ohio State fan and Steelers fan? You're going to have to get together with me some time before next football season, medicate heavily together, and have me come around to your way of thinking! LOL!

Actually, my wife might be fantasizing about Troy's hair! I buy Head & Shoulders but it hasn't done a thing for me...LMAO!

With all this being said, as of right now...I'd have to agree with you. Your Steelers are the favorites to win it all after the Jets went into Foxboro and kicked the snot out of THE CHEATERS!

I guess I can take solace in the fact that the Patriots will NOT be winning the Super Bowl!

Take care Bubblegrower,

Mizerman

p.s. remember Pittsburgh's 3rd string running back from about 8-9 years ago, Chris Fuamatu Ma'afala? That guy won me my fantasy football championship after their other RB's were sidelined.

ahh, another cowboys fan. sorry about the 70's. thanks for letting us play the super bowl at your house this year :)

yessir i remember chris VERY well..... right there with merril hoge and the bus :)

i'm right with ya about the pats not going..... seriously. it's gotten like that in football for me now too. im a huge baseball fan, and my mantra is "anyone but the yankees"..... same here.

i miss warren moon.

just the name o'donnell gives me shivers. what a moron he was.

i was just reliving the steelers/colts 2005 playoff game when the bus fumbled on the 1yrd line and the colts had the 99 run, last second touchdown, and the win in hand until big ben threw hist wrist out on accident at the last second and tripped Nick Harper.... i fell off the couch at that moment.... and then 10 seconds later when the colts missed the field goal to tie and send it to overtime.... what a game.... what a run we had that year.... the only team to win it all on the road the whole way.

but 80's steeler ball was the best.... we didnt win any superbowls, but having the rivalry with the browns and them pesky oilers were so much fun.

bernie kosar, warren moon.... ahhhh, ickey woods and the bungles :)

Congratulations Bubblegrower!

My wife and I like the Steelers. We like Troy P. But, we're not big fans of all the illegal helmet to helmet hits they've done all season.

And, I'm definitely no fan of Little Ben - he shouldn't have even been allowed to play this year.

With that said, Go Pack Go! LOL!

I might have to go get a Cheesehead some where...!

Mizerman

Dang,

Here I was about to suggest a friendly wager to Bubblegrower on the Super Bowl thinking that the Steelers would be favored. But, they aren't the favorites - the Packers are by 2.5

Oh well, two weeks to pontificate about the game. It's being played in my old stomping grounds in Arlington. My first year of college was spent about 10-15 minutes down the road from where the Super Bowl is being played.

As Keith Jackson used to say, "It's gonna be a slobber-knocker" - LOL!

Packers 34

Steelers 19

(My above prgonostication might be due to some flavored coffee and herbal deep-breathing exercises)

Mizerman

:jig:

'twas a game, thats for certain. what a clusterf*ck from the jets in the 1st jalf, and the same from the steelers in the 2nd.

will be a great super bowl no doubt. i think aaron rodgers little streak is fizzling fast.......... and at the wrong time of the season too.

pittsburgh will get #7 this year.... not seeing much problem at all really.

as far as big ben in the offseason, i will defend him.

first, i have met ben more than once in findlay, oh. we actually are from the same area of the state, and i currently have family that lives in findlay.

one of his favorite hang-outs is the cheddar's bar/restaurant on trenton ave. at least 4-5 years ago it was..... back when he was still a youngster and enjoyed the limelight.

it's easy to pick him out of a crowd, he really is a big dude. and he is a prick. plain and short. he was one of theose guys who wanted to bask in the glory, but then have the "better than thou" attitude right to your face as you are praising him. a real jerk. things may be different now.......... but thats the way things were.

with that being said, he was never charged, nor convicted with anything............ and it's not because he settled out of court with the victims either..... its because the prosecution never had enough evidence to make a case......... what really happened? we may never know.... i have a feeling it was a bit of misconduct on ben's behalf, mixed with some money hungry liar females. not knocking females, but this isnt the first time in history this story has played out for a famous/rich man.

he became the first NFL player to be sanctioned WITHOUT AN OUTSIDE CASE..... everybody else has to beat their wife, of get a d.u.i. or shoot themself in the leg with an illegal weapon at a night club, or be involved in a felony dog-fighting crew............ ben was never charged, but the NFL convicted and sentenced him........ and he took his lumps (4-game suspension) like a man.

as far as the helmet to helmet hits......... every team does it..... we just do it more often. we get fined, we go back out and play.

this is probably why rex ryan kept his mouth shut. james farrior doesnt wanna kill anyone, but dont tempt him either :)

these players get MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars every year to play this game..... if they dont like the money, they can work elsewhere..... if they can't take the hits, my local YMCA is looking for folks to put together a powder puff team :)

remember the old days, before the fair catch rule?? i do..... that was the most exciting play in the game, because 9 times out of 10 that runner was gonna get WHACKED a milli-second after catching the ball.....

it's funny, in college they have begun enforcing the excessive celebration rule and penalize players for being to happy, in the pro's they penalize you for being too mean.

Tom Brady had an off day, and it does not happen often...so the Jet's got a very lucky break! I will still be sporting my Patriots jersey...But I have to get behind the packers for the win against the steeler's. Aaron Rodgers is looking good this year... No way will the steeler's take it. Sorry BG but..... GO PACKERS....I predict not only will packer's win..but they will win by a big margin!

I like the way you think doctor!

The Steelers are simply lucky to even be playing in the Super Bowl. Some very questionable calls and no-calls against the Ravens and the Jets...

'twas a game, thats for certain. what a clusterf*ck from the jets in the 1st jalf, and the same from the steelers in the 2nd.

will be a great super bowl no doubt. i think aaron rodgers little streak is fizzling fast.......... and at the wrong time of the season too.

pittsburgh will get #7 this year.... not seeing much problem at all really.

as far as big ben in the offseason, i will defend him.

first, i have met ben more than once in findlay, oh. we actually are from the same area of the state, and i currently have family that lives in findlay.

one of his favorite hang-outs is the cheddar's bar/restaurant on trenton ave. at least 4-5 years ago it was..... back when he was still a youngster and enjoyed the limelight.

it's easy to pick him out of a crowd, he really is a big dude. and he is a prick. plain and short. he was one of theose guys who wanted to bask in the glory, but then have the "better than thou" attitude right to your face as you are praising him. a real jerk. things may be different now.......... but thats the way things were.

with that being said, he was never charged, nor convicted with anything............ and it's not because he settled out of court with the victims either..... its because the prosecution never had enough evidence to make a case......... what really happened? we may never know.... i have a feeling it was a bit of misconduct on ben's behalf, mixed with some money hungry liar females. not knocking females, but this isnt the first time in history this story has played out for a famous/rich man.

he became the first NFL player to be sanctioned WITHOUT AN OUTSIDE CASE..... everybody else has to beat their wife, of get a d.u.i. or shoot themself in the leg with an illegal weapon at a night club, or be involved in a felony dog-fighting crew............ ben was never charged, but the NFL convicted and sentenced him........ and he took his lumps (4-game suspension) like a man.

as far as the helmet to helmet hits......... every team does it..... we just do it more often. we get fined, we go back out and play.

this is probably why rex ryan kept his mouth shut. james farrior doesnt wanna kill anyone, but dont tempt him either :)

these players get MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars every year to play this game..... if they dont like the money, they can work elsewhere..... if they can't take the hits, my local YMCA is looking for folks to put together a powder puff team :)

remember the old days, before the fair catch rule?? i do..... that was the most exciting play in the game, because 9 times out of 10 that runner was gonna get WHACKED a milli-second after catching the ball.....

it's funny, in college they have begun enforcing the excessive celebration rule and penalize players for being to happy, in the pro's they penalize you for being too mean.

I know you are biased because you are a diehard Steelers fan.

I know you've met Little Ben and like him - most don't.

I was able to meet Kwame Kilpatrick on two occasions and actually talked with him for about 15 minutes back in 2003 when I sat at the next table he was sitting at. We attended a luncheon hosted by The Detroit Economic Club. The luncheon was honoring the Detroit Lions before the traveled to Buffalo before their last pre-season game. (We stupidly used to be Club Level Season Ticket Holders back when I could afford to do so.)

Kwame was a very nice person as well. I had my picture taken with him. We talked football. He and I both played. I had him autograph a football.

But, I don't defend his actions.

He's sitting in a prison cell. And, if not for the girl being "bought off" so would Little Ben. I know that's true and so do you.

Mizerman

• 2 weeks later...

No offense to you personally Bubblegrower - I just want you to know this.

GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO!

This kid is going to be all over Big Ben!

And, he's going to be playing with a HUGE chip on his shoulder because he should have been Defensive Player of the Year - not "Mr. Head & Shoulders" from the Steelers.

Oh well, at least the award wasn't given to the dirtiest player in the whole league, "Mr. Leading the league in flagrant fouls, fines given, and helmet-to-helmet hits...James Harrison"

GO PACK GO! :jig:

Mizerman

p.s. I used to be Steelers fans before Ben "The Rapist" was exposed for who he really is. Nothing would make me happier than to see Clay Mathews knock Big Ben out of the game...Game On!

BG, I'm with you STEELERSSSSSSS TO WIN,

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT, I did buy 2 squares and umm I gotta root for the scores per quarter $125 a win @ $10 a square... I should bank a few bucks IMO

#'s

Green bay

1st = 1,2

2nd = 0,9 <win

3rd= 0,9<win

4th= 9,9

Steelers

1st=8,6 <maybe

2nd=6,1< maybe a win?

3rd=7,0<2x's win

4th=8,8

Good numbers IMO

But still GO Black and Yellow!!!

Trix

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl.

As he sat down, he noticed that the seat next to him was empty.

He asked the man on the other side of the empty seat whether anyone was sitting there.

"No," the man replied, "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the first man.

"Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world and not use it?"

The second man replied, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away.

This will be the first Super bowl we haven't been together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else -- a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shook his head. "No, they're all at the funeral."

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl.

As he sat down, he noticed that the seat next to him was empty.

He asked the man on the other side of the empty seat whether anyone was sitting there.

"No," the man replied, "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the first man.

"Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world and not use it?"

The second man replied, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away.

This will be the first Super bowl we haven't been together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else -- a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shook his head. "No, they're all at the funeral."

:thumbsu: hahah

Archived