Cannabis For Epilepsy

Annnie

What other methods work well for epilepsy

Very few people respond to the same strain in the same way. You may have to try several.

Also try sub-lingual tinctures. They work well for neuralgia, spasms, and pain disorders in many.

There are many options out there. I wish your friend the best in finding the one that works for him.

I have a friend who has epilepsy and is a new patient. They would like to know which strains work well to prevent seisures and What other methods work well for epilepsy.. Thanks in advance for the advice.

1st off, i feel for your friend. i truly do.

2nd, as has been posted, different strains do different things for different people........ BUT i can personally delve into this deeper.

epileptics basically use cannabis for 2 reasons...... to help prevent seizures, and to help recover from the SERIOUS muscle pain that they endure after a grad mal.

preventing seizures can be broken down into a couple different categories, because seizures are brought on by different things.......

some seizures are caused by lack of sleep/rest. this is one of the MAIN causes of seizures in epileptics. this can be aided obviously with a heavy indica strain that will induce sleep, and more of it.

another common trigger for seizures is light, flashing, blinking, or just changing in general....... in this case there are cannabis strains that can make for "heavy eyelids" all day, but still allow the patient to live a normal life.

it's about the need of the patient............. my wife is epileptic and i have researched this personally for years.

This is currently at the norml site. Although it is not proof that it has the effect on humans it is revealing.

Also here is the Project CBD website which reveals some info on high cbd strains. I am growing Cannatonic. It is a rather lanky plant not going to be a big yielder. Grown from Resin seed bank seed. Will report more.

http://www.projectcbd.com/

Pot Compound Exerts Anticonvulsant Effects In Animal Models Of Epilepsy