Is Dizz Correct?

On another post here Dizz talks about her cuz who, when he mentions mmj to a lady he may be interested in, hits a brick wall. I've been single again for a little over two years, and I'm just now becoming interested in another relationship. I know what I'm looking for, and acceptance of mmj is high on my list. I'm concerned that I'll find someone (so far only in my dreams) but that she won't accept mmj and will think I'm just a pot-head. Has anyone here run in to that problem? Know anyone that has? How common do you think this is? Signed, Lonely, Looking, and Concerned

I have never shared this story with any one! I guess its time to give credit where credit is do!

I met my lady on true! it is an online free dating service, you get 30 days free, I put down what i want in a woman, and weed was never mentioned, I hooked up with my lady, we talked online for a while , than exchanged phone numbers and talked, than video chat, Than finaly lunch date, safest time, if you dont like each other you can have lunch and talk and get out! if you like you can make more plans,

I was in a marriage where my wife did not like weed at all, I had to do it any where but around her or the kids, ( i dont do infront of kids any how) was not a fun situation.

any now i meet my lady for the 1st time in person, im loving (lusting) what i see, and I love the conversation, about mid way thru date she tells me she is in college and in prison gaurd accadmy, either gonna be a prison gaurd or a cop!!!!

now im totaly physicaly attracted to her, and would love to get to know her better, but i dont want to waiste my time or hers, so I tell her i smoke weed, and im not going to hide behind sheds and pretend im going to store to burn one, and if that is going to be a prob than it was wonderful meeting her and we can keep looking for the rite person, I did not expect her to call me back,,,she did a few days later, and we have been together over 3 yrs now, she is not a cop or a prison gaurd, she is a home health aide lol, she has two associate degrees in criminal justice and prison gaurd accedemy on her resume!

she is now also am mm pt, and I gotta tell ya, I met the woman of my dreams! honestly, im 48yrs old, been married and divorced 3 times, I finaly found the rite one for me, and im sure im the rite one for her, she works, i stay home and keep the house in order and the kids, I love being home, and doing what i do! I cant even tell you when we didnt make love in 3 yrs! its like we are on this never ending honey moon, and we have been thru a whole lot since we met, cps investigations, possesion charges, her ex hubby is a pain in my arse and every one elses in this house, but we are all good!

The reason i tried to meet some one online was up until that point i was meeting woman in bars, and we all know what happens there! I wanted a fair chance at getting to know some one before having sex! yea that coming from a guy! I learned alot from 3 failed marriages and made sure i rememered my mistakes, now i live a bit differently than i did with the other woman ive had,,for one she is working and im at home, all the others were the other way around, I dont feel used or needed, I feel wanted and loved!

Good luck to ya, and dont be afriad to try online dating sites, legitamate ones, I was always embarassed to tell people how we met, but heck who cares, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, time to tell the world, and my family!

she dont care where or when i smoke my meds, and she made me explain to the kids that it is my medicine, and i dont do it in front of them, but i dont hide it either! we educated our children about marijuana!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Bad news. The mm friendly females who replied to buddy eventually turned out to be pot friendly hookers willing to take cash or bud, but their initial story was seeking romance. By the way buddy moved in with a great woman in Nov. but she says not in my house ever. He ended up lonely or budless and you can see what he chose. The decent mm friendly ladies he met at numerous compassion clubs were married/attached not looking, who just wished him well in his hunt. Sorry, it's the only outcome I personally am aware of. And by the way in regards to Diz, I saw her avatar on the rear of a girl's jeans in Walmart a couple nights ago--til then I thot she was a graphic designer--nope, graphic copier. That's how much I know about women, so don't go by me.

Ah haaaa,

I'm actually a politician! Now back to the subject of my cousin. He has had the same experiences you mention. We are still looking for him

ah haaa i told you all a very vunerable story about me! You should send your cousin to true christian dating! within the 30 day free period he should have no prob meeting a few people close to home, but some one you wont meet at a bar, or church! lol! :rolleyes:

Peace

FTW

Jim

p.s shhhh diz i love ya but dont tell peeps your a politician! :blink: (jk)

I have never shared this story with any one! I guess its time to give credit where credit is do!

I met my lady on true! it is an online free dating service, you get 30 days free, I put down what i want in a woman, and weed was never mentioned, I hooked up with my lady, we talked online for a while , than exchanged phone numbers and talked, than video chat, Than finaly lunch date, safest time, if you dont like each other you can have lunch and talk and get out! if you like you can make more plans,

I was in a marriage where my wife did not like weed at all, I had to do it any where but around her or the kids, ( i dont do infront of kids any how) was not a fun situation.

any now i meet my lady for the 1st time in person, im loving (lusting) what i see, and I love the conversation, about mid way thru date she tells me she is in college and in prison gaurd accadmy, either gonna be a prison gaurd or a cop!!!!

now im totaly physicaly attracted to her, and would love to get to know her better, but i dont want to waiste my time or hers, so I tell her i smoke weed, and im not going to hide behind sheds and pretend im going to store to burn one, and if that is going to be a prob than it was wonderful meeting her and we can keep looking for the rite person, I did not expect her to call me back,,,she did a few days later, and we have been together over 3 yrs now, she is not a cop or a prison gaurd, she is a home health aide lol, she has two associate degrees in criminal justice and prison gaurd accedemy on her resume!

she is now also am mm pt, and I gotta tell ya, I met the woman of my dreams! honestly, im 48yrs old, been married and divorced 3 times, I finaly found the rite one for me, and im sure im the rite one for her, she works, i stay home and keep the house in order and the kids, I love being home, and doing what i do! I cant even tell you when we didnt make love in 3 yrs! its like we are on this never ending honey moon, and we have been thru a whole lot since we met, cps investigations, possesion charges, her ex hubby is a pain in my arse and every one elses in this house, but we are all good!

The reason i tried to meet some one online was up until that point i was meeting woman in bars, and we all know what happens there! I wanted a fair chance at getting to know some one before having sex! yea that coming from a guy! I learned alot from 3 failed marriages and made sure i rememered my mistakes, now i live a bit differently than i did with the other woman ive had,,for one she is working and im at home, all the others were the other way around, I dont feel used or needed, I feel wanted and loved!

Good luck to ya, and dont be afriad to try online dating sites, legitamate ones, I was always embarassed to tell people how we met, but heck who cares, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, time to tell the world, and my family!

she dont care where or when i smoke my meds, and she made me explain to the kids that it is my medicine, and i dont do it in front of them, but i dont hide it either! we educated our children about marijuana!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thanks for sharing, Jim. I, like you, have been married and divorced three times. I often wonder if it's possible to meet the right woman. Your story gives me hope! I've tried singles sites, and am on e-harmony now, but with no luck. No beauties like you found, yet:D You're a fortunate man! Especially when you say that rather than feeling used or needed, you feel wanted and loved. That's everyone's dream. It's just that it's hard enough to find someone compatible without having one more issue tossed in.

Well I'm not beautiful by most peoples' standards, but I Am a Beautiful Person. I accept myself as I am, and try to accept others as they are, too. Most people look at the physical and if they don't like it, they walk away, never seeing the love in the person's eyes, the emotion in their faces, never taking time to get to know the person. I've met so many people who say I'm not their type, but they took the time to get to know me anyway, and we became friends. I wish I'd find someone who accepted me as I am who'd consider me in their life. MM is important, to me, too. Many people don't want a disabled person, which makes life very lonely. They'll be my friend but that's all. I never had any luck with dating sites either. Phaq, you got lucky.

Some people say I'm cute. I'm not the average person anyone would expect. but I'm considerate, honest, sincere, responsible and responsive, practice open communication, (I gotta keep practicing till I get it right, 'lol')- I'm very loyal, gentle, fair, trustworthy, have a good sense of humor, compassionate and open-minded, very talented, creative, and realistic, though I'm quite an idealistic dreamer, too, among other qualities. I want a relationship built on respect and trust that grows into a great friendship, where both people are each other's best friend, they care enough to listen and work out any problems, discuss expectations, are careful about assumptions. I can't assume anything, it's just playing a guessing game that fails miserably. Many say marriage is a partnership that should be equal and harmonious. Maybe people should write out a questionnaire saying what they can give and what they hope to expect, but not in public. I've told people I'm disabled, before meeting them, and I could feel the resistance going up, like a thick wall between us. Suddenly, they're all flustered, but they'll accept my advice and help, though when it comes time for them to accept me into their lives, they stop corresponding. One reason I like being here is there are so many people who don't hold that against me. I'd rather be honest, in a tactful, sincere way, and be up front about my limitations as well as my strengths and abilities, because I know they'll find out when we meet, then it's like, "Surprise!" I want them to know what to expect, but also see I'm a very capable, loving person, too. I do fairly well at hiding my unattractive features, but when you get to know me, see me smile and hear me laugh, you'll know I Am a Beautiful Person.

Some people can see there's a real person inside.

Sincerely, Sb

:D I liked your story Jim. Thanks for sharing!

My girl isn't in to mary jane at all. She pretty much just laughs at me when I burst out into a cough or something. Now I do it just to amuse her.... ;)

She doesn't bug me and I don't ask her what's in her stemless incognito wine glass..... :D

Well I'm not beautiful by most peoples' standards, but I Am a Beautiful Person. I accept myself as I am, and try to accept others as they are, too. Most people look at the physical and if they don't like it, they walk away, never seeing the love in the person's eyes, the emotion in their faces, never taking time to get to know the person. I've met so many people who say I'm not their type, but they took the time to get to know me anyway, and we became friends. I wish I'd find someone who accepted me as I am who'd consider me in their life. MM is important, to me, too. Many people don't want a disabled person, which makes life very lonely. They'll be my friend but that's all. I never had any luck with dating sites either. Phaq, you got lucky.

Some people say I'm cute. I'm not the average person anyone would expect. but I'm considerate, honest, sincere, responsible and responsive, practice open communication, (I gotta keep practicing till I get it right, 'lol')- I'm very loyal, gentle, fair, trustworthy, have a good sense of humor, compassionate and open-minded, very talented, creative, and realistic, though I'm quite an idealistic dreamer, too, among other qualities. I want a relationship built on respect and trust that grows into a great friendship, where both people are each other's best friend, they care enough to listen and work out any problems, discuss expectations, are careful about assumptions. I can't assume anything, it's just playing a guessing game that fails miserably. Many say marriage is a partnership that should be equal and harmonious. Maybe people should write out a questionnaire saying what they can give and what they hope to expect, but not in public. I've told people I'm disabled, before meeting them, and I could feel the resistance going up, like a thick wall between us. Suddenly, they're all flustered, but they'll accept my advice and help, though when it comes time for them to accept me into their lives, they stop corresponding. One reason I like being here is there are so many people who don't hold that against me. I'd rather be honest, in a tactful, sincere way, and be up front about my limitations as well as my strengths and abilities, because I know they'll find out when we meet, then it's like, "Surprise!" I want them to know what to expect, but also see I'm a very capable, loving person, too. I do fairly well at hiding my unattractive features, but when you get to know me, see me smile and hear me laugh, you'll know I Am a Beautiful Person.

Some people can see there's a real person inside.

Sincerely, Sb

Awwwe. I can tell you're a beautiful person inside Silverblue.

That's the thing with these online dating sites. For younger people, it's still like a shopping website....yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no.....

But for older, wiser people, who've learned not to judge a book by it's cover, it's a great place to meet and get to know each other from the inside out.....

Awwwe. I can tell you're a beautiful person inside Silverblue.

That's the thing with these online dating sites. For younger people, it's still like a shopping website....yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no.....

But for older, wiser people, who've learned not to judge a book by it's cover, it's a great place to meet and get to know each other from the inside out.....

awwe thanks Royal Smoke. I may be older but I hope 'm wiser, too, not just a wiseazz. 'lol @ self'

Sb

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here I go again. I am old, fat, retired, and been thru a lot. have problems getting around, but get there eventually. I think I started out on wrong foot when I started here, but am trying to correct that. I am not the smartest cookie on street and sometimes put mouth in gear before putting mind in gear. Even with all that, I am a honest caring person who would help do anything I can. I thought I was a closet smoker, and when it became legal, I was amazed. Told my family, and they all let me know they already knew and was glad it was legal for me now. So, this is good place to let people know who is single? Lets see.

People wanna be supermodels, it doesn't dawn on them those models often starve themselves to look good, and their pics are often airbrushed to take out any "unsightly" features. The model I follow is Compassion. It comes through me in most of what I say and do. People need to look beyond what they think they see. A person who seems ugly to someone can be the most beautiful inside. I've seen some nice looking people who are so ugly inside, they're mean, selfish, some are bitter, many are terribly insecure. They think looks can get them places. The media is to blame. They killed Karen Carpenter. I thought she was beautiful and had one of the most unique voices I ever heard. What talent wasted on an obsession with being thin. I saw a few movies about large women who succeeded because they proved they had talent. I'm not large but I'm not shapely. I have to accept myself as I am, disabilities and all. Others here accept themselves, are honest, have a lot to be proud of and thankful for.. It'd sure be nice to be accepted by someone who takes the time to see the beauty on the inside that's more real. Life is filled with illusions. Some are obvious, some aren't.We can wear clothes that give an illusion of thinness and shape, but when it all comes off, including any other shape enhancing products, as well as make up, we have to face that person in the mirror, and our partner will, too. Well at least we're honest about what we are. If no one can handle that, we don't want them anyway, right?

If anyone saw the original Star Trek, there's a great episode about 3 women who were using some kind of beauty enhancement substance. When the product got banned, they learned how to produce the illusion with their minds. They were also seen when they let their appearance be shown as they really were, and one made a deeply passionate speech to one of the miners about what kind of person did he really want. It was a powerful statement on many fronts. He decided to give her a chance.

Anyone can look nice enough to be attractive, without looking phony. A real person will take the time to get to know someone and not judge by appearance. We're all different and unique, as well as having lots in common.

I hope whoever you are, whoever you find will be compassionate, considerate, accepting, respectful, fair, gentle, open minded, etc., regardless what they look like. No one should be lonely just because they don't look like a model, a hunk, or whatever..

Listen to the song, "Love will keep us together", among others that express these sentiments. I knew a woman who was nice looking; she was a beautiful bride, but once she got the man, her looks went downhill. She didn't have to be gorgeous every day but she really let herself go. One day she fixed herself up a bit and when her husband came home, he didn't recognize her! It was embarrassing.. It didn't take me long to see how ugly she was inside, too. Had she kept up her illusion of beauty, the ugliness would've still come through, just like others I knew. I've known many men who I thought were really cute, but they turned out to be horrible people, though they were very talented. There are a lot of nice people here who may not fulfill an ideal fantasy dream model, but, if given the chance, would show how real they are and would make anyone very happy.

Sincerely, Sb

Archived