Marijuana Neg Effects?

LITLJON

Some negative effects on the body are when some local sheriff decides you need to forfeit your health and property and life because you chose something they don't want you to choose . Ask some that have been arrested and physically accosted and they would say that these were negative effects on their bodies. Probably not what you wanted, but it is all I could think of that would be a negative for many here.

unless someone has an allergic reaction, i seem to recall one study that noted lowered synapses fireing after LONG TERM use. i want to say long term use was defined by decades. but its been a few years since ive read the article. Nor did i take note of which Institude did the study, but i think that it was done by JH (Johns Hopkins).

and mice were the test supjects, which really doesnt say very much, as humans, our brians are much more developed than that of almost any other lifefrom on earth, with the almost eery exception of Dolfins.

I have a theroy on cholesterol levels raising, but no solid proof due to multiple variables. Would be nice if some presmokers obtained/posted cholesterol levels before first MM use and compared over time.

Also, maybe acne from body trying to remove/excrete foreign substance?

My cholesterol levels went way down after I started medical cannabis and quit taking the cholesterol meds that were being prescribed. I will find those numbers and supply them, but anyone can make up numbers. My wife and my caregiver and others that know me personally would tell you that I am being honest with you (to the best of my knowledge and ability to be so). My numbers went from crazy high to normal. At least, that is what happened to me. I am sure it is not that way for all, but it gives me hope for a healthier life here.

I would like to know all sides as well, and thanks for your query, but this is one thing that cannabis helps me with today. I hope others are being helped in many ways as well.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Strain dependent. Been medicating since the 60's, some strains panic, some black out. Moderation is key along with knowing what each strain can do for you. Earned two degrees and worked in government & security, memory is fine. Old age has more negative effects.

1T

So far I have noticed no effects on my cholesterol directly. However for me the biggest side effect is eating. It is all most an orgasmic experience to dig into some chips and dip or cake or peanut butter and jelly or . . . It is an explosion of flavor where instead of being a mingled mass of food you are chewing it becomes a cornucopia of individual flavors that are easily separated and enjoyed by your brain. You taste every nuance of the flavors. To top it off your brain never seems to get the message your stomach is full. If I am not careful they will be cutting a hole in my house so they can forklift me out. :D

Of course this is a good side effect for those on chemo.

Thanks for reminding me about that point 420Athiest. It really does enhance meal enjoyment. Maybe this wonder plant can be used for whatever we need. Like, I really enjoy food also, but I have more control now that I am off so many pharmacuticals that I have actually lost 65 pounds. It all works together, I know, but I was never able to maintain a decent weight before medical cannabis. I am off my blood pressure meds since cannabis lowers blood pressure. I am off deadly pain pills and have a much more clarity of thought (at least more of the time than before, for sure, by a mile!).

Again, I apologize that I am not naming any bad side effects from cannabis. Coughing?

I am just reporting what my experience has been thus far. I hope that is OK.

Archived