Pot Growers Jumping The Gun?

bobandtorey

Agents with the Metro anti-narcotics task force arrested three people after discovering a marijuana growing operation in a west Flagstaff home Wednesday morning.One of the people arrested works for Child Protective Services.

And despite a new law legalizing the growing and using of marijuana for medical purposes starting in two months, Flagstaff police will continue to enforce laws banning recreational use, according to police officials.

According to information from Metro, the bust was at 1650 W. Mikey Drive in West Village Estates off Kaibab Lane. Agents responded to resident tips of a growing operation at the home.

After securing a warrant, agents searched the home and found two growing operations in the closets in two of the bedrooms. In total, 22 plants in various stages of growth were seized, along with 2 pounds of cultivated marijuana. Marijuana varies in value from $500 to $2,000 and more a pound, depending on potency.

Agents also seized lights used to grow plants indoors.

Booked into the county jail were:

-- Antonio Valdez, 30, and Ariana Anton, 27, each on charges of cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia;

-- John Molina, 28, on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Steve Meissner, spokesperson for the state Department of Economic Security, of which CPS is a part, confirmed that Anton is an investigator with CPS. She has been employed since November 2006, and is currently on administrative leave pending an investigation.

NO LEGAL CULTIVATION YET

Despite the passage of a new law in Arizona legalizing marijuana cultivation and use for medical purposes, Flagstaff police will continue to enforce laws governing recreational use, said Deputy Chief Kevin Treadway of the police department.

Treadway said the state Department of Health Services will begin accepting applications for qualifying patients and designated caregivers on April 14. There then will be an estimated 15-day review before cards are issued.

Cardholders would then be allowed to grow a limited amount of marijuana for personal use only.

"The police department anticipates no legal marijuana cultivation in Flagstaff prior to the end of April," Treadway said.

According to the new law, operators of a marijuana dispensary established in the city would be permitted to cultivate marijuana, but no other cultivation would then be possible within a 20-mile radius.

Final state rules for dispensaries have not yet been issued, and state health officials have said they do not expect the first dispensaries to be up and running before late summer.

Treadway said the police department is planning to hold a public meeting in Flagstaff prior to mid-April in order to educate the public on the law, challenges posed by the law and the police philosophy on enforcement. A date for the meeting has yet to be set.

Treadway also said that the department is committed to protecting the rights of individuals, including those using marijuana legally for medical purposes.

http://www.azdailysun.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_16d240ff-d131-55d1-b03c-a744a3020833.html

well bob whatsya think? a 20 mile radius around a dispense that grows! that could prob screw alot of peeps here!

are they for us or against us? dispensarys,

Im less than 20 miles from tawas! that would screw my c.g, 20 mile radius is quite large!

When i was a lions fan and we were always blacked out, I had to drive all the way to port sanilac to watch a lions game on t.v! pontiac to port sanilac just past 50 mile radius!

Peace

edit= oh yea bummer about them getting popped prob gonna be the same as here, was a good read but who knows what to beleive?

well bob whats ya think? a 20 mile radius around a dispense that grows! that could prob screw allot of peeps here!

are they for us or against us? dispensary's,

I'm less than 20 miles from tawas! that would screw my c.g, 20 mile radius is quite large!

When i was a lions fan and we were always blacked out, I had to drive all the way to port sanilac to watch a lions game on t.v! pontiac to port sanilac just past 50 mile radius!

Peace

edit= oh yea bummer about them getting popped prob gonna be the same as here, was a good read but who knows what to believe?

i can see Leo now with a tap measurer and saying your under 20 miles

Yep, they all want us to have one source, their approved ones, or nothing at all! Government sanctioned medicine? Food? Or we risk jail or death????

How did we get so screwed up? Our elected leaders have sold us out.

Some humans here are helping to change hearts every day, and the tide is turning our way.

Keep it up and don't give in!ha.jpg

Yep, they all want us to have one source, their approved ones, or nothing at all! Government sanctioned medicine? Food? Or we risk jail or death????

How did we get so screwed up? Our elected leaders have sold us out.

Some humans here are helping to change hearts every day, and the tide is turning our way.

Keep it up and don't give in!ha.jpg

we wont give up

it's seam's like a sad day for me today after hearing the jury yesterday about Mr. nice guy this guy is going to jail for a long time for 4 plants

Archived