You Say You Know Guitar's?

trix

Looks like a knock off of a jackson or kramer guitar with the reverse pointy headstock. I still have an old 80's pointy guitar myself! Unfortunately your mothers guitar doesn't appear to be of any collectible value. My buddy checks out garage sales all the time and can pick up guitars like that for $20 no problem.

That's what I was wondering, real, fake, priceless, worthless, worth a trade for meds, I have no clue.

We have 2 saxophones, few trumpets, clarinet, and a nickle flute I think..

Thanks for looking..

Trix

The saxophones should be worth some money if they are in descent shape. A quick craigslist/ebay search should give you an idea of what they are worth.

It is a horrible time to be selling instruments though. People are not spending the money on these types of things unless they are a real bargain. Not a sellers market these days.

ya appears to be an old kramer knockoff. i remember the MX-N, but dont recall if that was a KNOCKOff or an actual Kramer model and that was the only marking on it was MX-N. buy yes deffinatly an 80s circa guitar.

if its a real kramer, it could have a fair value (1500 or more). but i suspect its a cheap end ibenez knockoff from when they were first starting out. but it all hinges on that MX-N on the headstock.

I found this quote after a google search turned up a similar guitar:

"Yes, it is a replica of a Fender Lead 1. I remember MX-N as being some kind of offshoot or "let's jump on the 80s metal bandwagon of guitars" profit making enterprise by effects maker Maxon (hence MX-N) but I have NO IDEA who actually made it, probably one of the many Japanese for contract makers in the late 1980s early 1990s. "

Archived