Border Patrol Agent Arrested On Drug Smuggling Charges

EdwardGlen

fyi; mmmmm...what could be a simple solution to this problem...i wonder

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/05/arizona.border.agent.arrested/index.html

(CNN) -- A U.S. Border Patrol agent was arrested Tuesday on narcotics smuggling charges, but the federal agency declined to release his name, a spokesman told CNN.

The agent, who was turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration, was being held in the Yuma, Arizona, County jail, said Kenneth Quillin, supervisory border patrol agent.

The agent, who has three years' experience with the border patrol, was arrested after two other Border Patrol agents on Monday were patrolling along the U.S.-Mexico border and saw the suspect agent with "numerous bundles of marijuana inside a marked Border Patrol truck," Quillin said in a statement.

The agents reported the incident to a supervisor, and the suspect agent, along with the marijuana, was placed in the custody of the DEA, Quillin said.

Rodolfo Karisch, acting chief patrol agent for the Yuma Sector, said he was "proud of the swift and appropriate actions taken by the arresting agents."

"They knew the right thing to do and did it, as expected. They put honor first and are to be commended. This can not be said of the suspect," he said in a statement.

"I will not refer to the subject of this arrest as 'one of us.' By his alleged actions, he has tarnished our image," Karisch said in a statement. "We will pursue the prosecution of this individual to the fullest extent allowed by law."

Guest 1TokeOverLine

My guess is he gets a week off administrative leave with pay.

So, this one screwed up, but 100's of other "officers" got their payloads in, can you say "sacrifice decoy."

LOL

1T

My guess is he gets a week off administrative leave with pay.

So, this one screwed up, but 100's of other "officers" got their payloads in, can you say "sacrifice decoy."

LOL

1T

I'm sure the higher ups who are making the big money have no problems throwing one of their own under the wheels now and then just so they can show how they are "cleaning up the bad apples".

Archived