Important Question About Depreession/anxiety/adhd Related Issues, Details Inside -

Hi,

I'm a young male, who for years have been taking prescribed stimulant and anti-depression related medications. As is common knowledge, the stimulant medications have an adverse affect on my appetite, causing me not to be able to eat all day when medicated. I've actually thrown-up before attempting to eat some food. Moreover, for some reason the stimulant medications seem to last much longer in my system than is typical, causing me to often have a very hard time falling sleep. Over the years I've been prescribed various medications to mitigate the side-affects of the stimulants, however nothing has been effective. Oftentimes, the fix does more harm than good. For example, I've been prescribed multiple sleep-aids to help me sleep and anti-depressants to help me eat, however nothing has been both effective and tolerable. I'm writing to see if anyone has any information/advice for me. I am very able to pay for any/all fees associated with the Medical Marijuana card process and have years of documentation regarding the issues mentioned above. Thanks for reading, Luke

Hi,

I'm a young male, who for years have been taking prescribed stimulant and anti-depression related medications. As is common knowledge, the stimulant medications have an adverse affect on my appetite, causing me not to be able to eat all day when medicated. I've actually thrown-up before attempting to eat some food. Moreover, for some reason the stimulant medications seem to last much longer in my system than is typical, causing me to often have a very hard time falling sleep. Over the years I've been prescribed various medications to mitigate the side-affects of the stimulants, however nothing has been effective. Oftentimes, the fix does more harm than good. For example, I've been prescribed multiple sleep-aids to help me sleep and anti-depressants to help me eat, however nothing has been both effective and tolerable. I'm writing to see if anyone has any information/advice for me. I am very able to pay for any/all fees associated with the Medical Marijuana card process and have years of documentation regarding the issues mentioned above. Thanks for reading, Luke

Our law directs MDCH to promulgate rules for the addition of qualifying medical conditions. As far as I know the MDCH is still violating this law and no new conditions have been added. So all we have to go on is what was included in the original statute.

In your case the only thing that I see that might qualify you would be physician documentation that you have severe nausea, then it would be up to a certifying physician to decide if MMJ might help you.

MMMA

333.26423 Definitions.

3. Definitions.

Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(a) "Debilitating medical condition" means 1 or more of the following:

(1) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency

syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail

patella, or the treatment of these conditions.

(2) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces 1 or more of the

following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not

limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to

those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.

(3) Any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the department, as provided for in section

5(a).

Hi Cross !!!

Welcome to the board !!!

I suspect that the Nausea and poor appetite issues will be your ticket to the MMJ Card...check out Dr. Bob and see if you could hook up with him...he lives in Mt. Pleasant but may travel.

As regards helping with your situation, have you actually tried Cannabis for your condition ? I am not recommending you break any law...just wondering.

Individuals with Asperger Syndrome are reporting positive effects...due in part to reduced anxiety with Cannabis...Is anxiety a major issue for you.

good luck in your venture,

Dr. Jinx

you are not alone in your suffering with the same problems. I have tried almost all of the anxiety/depression drugs for 13 years now. Been through withdraws twice and none of the drugs worked that great or the side effects were way to bad. The Ritalin type of drugs are working for me but do kill the apatite. I have lost 30 lbs since taking Ritalin and have been thinking about trying for a card but I fear drug testing and job loss. I can say that for me certain strains of marijuana have worked better than any pill I have ever taken(long time ago before my wife and kids).

I was really excited when Michigan passed this law that help was on the way. Good luck and let us end the suffering.

Hello Luke and Welcome!

As SC posted... severe nausea is qualifying.

Unfortunately anxiety/ depression have not been added... yet.

I hope they will be one day soon.

I take extra Vitamin D supplements for depression now and haven't had a

serious depressive episode in over 3 years.

For anxiety, sleep disorder, restless leg syndrome, I now use Cannabis

that is mostly Indica.

For my almost constant nausea, most any Cannabis works... at least for me.

Pain is another issue all together. Still experimenting with different strains to

help in controlling the migraines and back issues.

Personally, I despise big pharma and pill pushing doctors. I, like so many others

have had very bad experiences with the side effects of medications that were

worse than the condition that was being treated.

I wish you the best at finding something that works for you.

Coming from where u are now.

You need an excellent psychiatrist.Not a gp not a social worker. If you live in driving range of Howell I know of a good one. You might be manifesting early symptoms of bi polar disorder. (or you may not) but I had those symptoms at your age and they have been reported as being common but not exclusive to those with bipolar disorder. I am not a Dr so I am just guessing. I went through years and years of being misdiagnosed. So I have been through the proverbial mill.

Another drug for adhd that can work is provigil. Its expensive. Next year it goes generic. It increases memory and concentration.

It is what the air force now gives to fighter pilots for long missions as a amphetamine replacement since it does not have the negative side effects of speed.

For sleep you might try melatonin. It is otc and commonly available. The otc supplement theanine is also good for calming one down. It is the substance in tea that causes the calming effects despite many teas having caffine.

I take other drugs one of which seems to work well for me. But i really do not know if they would be appropriate for you since my reactions are atypical and the last thing I want is to send you down an inappropriate path.

I hae developed mj that is good for depression since it is my bain. I also recently found that a couple of hits of durga mata mj releives a lot of anxiety and bad feelings. i am trying to locate it. At this time the seed banks have it on order so I have to wait. You can email me here if you have questions. Best of luck

Archived