I Keep Having The Same Prob Every Time

free country 420

ok so hears my problem i have been having this prob around 5-6 weeks into flower for the last 3-4 grows

so around week 5-6 the fan leaves start to yellow but they stay green around the veins this lasts a few days after i notice it then it slowly progresses to the newer growth the as they yellow out more they start to get black and brown dead spots witch do end up trying to take over the whole plant....

so my plants are in dirt with a mixture of high N and high P and k bat bunny muffin and i use once and a while small doses of fox farms flower fert. every watering has filtered water with 1/2 teaspoon of cal mag + and it is ph,ed to6-7

any ideas of whats going on? or if i missed any critical data just ask me and ill try to tell yea everything i know, pictures to come later....... maybe \

thanks a lot guys

You state some experience, so i'm guessing this condition goes beyond the normal yellowing that goes along with senescence. If you're suffering extensive leaf loss starting with the oldest growth, i would suspect root aphids. There are multiple threads here in the forums that will have all the info you will need to correctly diagnose and treat an infestation, look around and good luck!

I bet they are just running out of nutes from the sounds of it to me. Big Bloom doesn't have much nutrients in it, not sure on the koolbloom. But I would bet if you throw a little tiger bloom at them with the big bloom your color bounce back. I usually run my grow big for the first 2 weeks of flower, then I can totally cut it out through harvest...

2Dog

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue now minus the spotting.... well there is some spotting... like 5-6 spots between 12 plants on the lower growth. In my case, I'm certain its underfeeding... a Nitrogen def to be specific. I was miscalculating and underfeeding by a factor of 3 for at least 2 weeks. The yellowing has progressed much more slowly in the 10 strawberry haze girls that I already know are very sensitive to overfeeding. The yellowing slows a lot right after feedings and then continues to progress after plain water 2 days later.... so yeah... underfeeding.

• 1 year later...

Sounds like a mag deficiency. Have you checked your water TDS or PPM? You stated using filtered water with only a half teaspoon of cal-mag. Some filtered waters are very low ppm and would require more cal-mag, (and a dose of liquid micronutrients every 4 weeks is a great help too) I would also check your soil N-P-K levels to see what you are actually working with. If you say it's rich when you start, and you add more ferts, you may be causing a nutrient lockout. Curious to find out what your problem is. Keep trying! Let us know.