I Want To Do It But How Safe Is It?

northband

Hi all -

I am considering moving my family to Michigan to become a caregiver. Question is - how safe is it, what's the future outlook, is it worth it? My question is pretty abstract and can only be answered by me - but I think tossing it out to the community may help give me more material to reason with.

A little background - I am trying to be able to either work remotely or transfer my job to MI (this is common as I work in the IT field). Moreover, I have been helping patients (some in terminal & hospice situations) illegally in Ohio for several years via tinctures and edibles.  Further, up until I had kids I have been a successful grower, so I know the ropes/strains/tech, etc...  Now with MI legalizing medicine I feel the calling and want to 'come out of the closet' and finally do what I like - grow and help people.

I would like to be a caregiver and find patients in sincere dire need of good medicine.  By the same token I would like to expand some of the forms of medicine I have been making and perhaps form a business of sorts with it.

My concern is obviously, will this put my family in risk? Is the MM laws on their way out?  Are they being abused? I'm considering the Ann Arbor area as it seems to be safest.

Thanks everyone for any help - and pardon my wordy email - I'm reaching out for any info.  Feel free to contact me off list if needed.

-NB

Northband

You won't find much support here for a caregiver making a living wage, it smacks many as bad karma. In any case, there are no definitive answers to the questions you ask. What you need to do, is to review these pages, read the threads, and make those decisions yourself.

Archived