Coconut Oil

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has made any cannaoil using coconut oil instead of other cooking oils. I have heard that coconut oi is high in saturated fat and it is best for absorbing the thc. I love using oils when baking medibles so if anyone has an tips or tricks please post and share different methods. :D :D

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has made any cannaoil using coconut oil instead of other cooking oils. I have heard that coconut oi is high in saturated fat and it is best for absorbing the thc. I love using oils when baking medibles so if anyone has an tips or tricks please post and share different methods. :D :D

It works well. I've added some herb and the oil to water and then boiled for 30-45 minutes. Then run the oily watery mix through cheese cloth to strain the ruffage and put the liquid in the fridge (or you can let it set out, coconut oil is solid at room temperature) until the oil separates. You can then eat the oil direct, or use it for cooking.

My method may not be the most efficient, but it's worked. I would be open to new suggestions for improving this.

• 4 months later...

Excellent idea. In a crock pot I used olive oil, but coconut oil would taste awesome. Seriously recommend using virgin organic though. Non organic is very processed and likely not taste well. Definitely don't use canola.

What's wrong with canola? It's near the top of healthy oils!

z

I believe I read that Canola doesn't have the right kind of fat to absorb the THC.

What's the "right kind of fat"? In a group that includes coconut, canola, and olive, coconut has the most different fat profile (consisting of primarily saturated fats.) And canola - with its higher smoke point - would be superior for some kinds of cooking.

Unless solid info is presented to the contrary, I will assume that canola oil is just fine, as are corn, peanut, and other cooking oils.

z

Archived