The Get Together In Lansing Was Really Good--

The trip to Lansing was great. The rain sucked.

Thank you to everyone who road the bus in support of the cause.

Danny and wife were great.

Tarzan was wonderful and put everything in a confortable spot to us.

Thank you too mmma for the great speakers I hope the point was made in a good way.

The trip to Lansing was great. The rain sucked.

Thank you to everyone who road the bus in support of the cause.

Danny and wife were great.

Tarzan was wonderful and put everything in a confortable spot to us.

Thank you too mmma for the great speakers I hope the point was made in a good way.

Your Welcome " gingr2fine " and Welcome to MMMA 2.0

Thank You for your Support ...

Welcome to the Jungle

Guest thequietone

Welcome to the 3MA and thank you for standing with us Ginger. :goodjob::thumbsu:

Tarzan and Danny sorry I missed you guys yesterday, but we shall yet meet before the summer is over.

I wish I had my boots, they were in a bag on the bus that was parked someplace I had no idea where but I am honored to have been able to stand with you all, I was more concerned for my guitar than myself, plus a folder that held my speech, and my camera, which got slightly wet but is ok now. Sadly I didn't get any pictures due to the rain being so bad. I shoulda had my umbrella, too, which I left in that bag. Thanks to Chad for rescuing me from getting more soaked.

Welcome to our community, ginger.

I don't always remember to welcome our newcomers so I'm gonna start right now.

Sb

Even with the rain, I found the rally to be an excellent warning to the powers that be that we will not be ignored. I met and helped a lot of good people, and I sincerely hope they heeded my words to come out of hiding, spread the word, and get their friends, family, etc to VOTE these Nixon era idiots out of office now, before it's too late! And even The Master Clockmaker threw some good thunderous and lightning exclamation points in to many of our statements :)!!! I really enjoyed transferring medicine to sick people for free right on the capitol steps lol!

thanks for punching the mmma in the eye! did you check mmp cards and id's on the steps too to assure the people you were transferring to were legal? very stupid move bro!

Pardon me and please don't take this personally, but ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE????? Of course I did! I only transferred to very, very sick but LEGAL patients.

I am part of a large co-op of 5 CGs and 60 Patients, I am a single father, I am a patient and a CG for 5 patients, and have way too much to lose to risk being foolish. I'm one of the original MMMA members ( member 34 ), an original Moderator ( no more: too busy and locally active politically to do it now ), and a Paralegal as well. I know the law, inside and out, better than most people, including lawyers, judges, and many other lower life forms :P!

I've been politically active regarding MM since '06, and I was also the first MM case in Michigan, being busted at 1:00 A.M. on November 4, 2008. Now THAT'S IRONY!

But seriously, being a patient myself I can transfer to other patients legally, and I charged them nothing at the rally. Taking compensation from very sick people is, well, very sick!

Now, if I was only a caregiver and not a patient as well then by the law as a caregiver I could only transfer to my registered patient base, NOT other patients ( but there are ways of doing this legally; simply transfer to one of your registered patients and they can then transfer to another patient ).

People think otherwise, but READ THE LAW. I've seen good people go down over that little known fact. I've helped defend dozens of patients and caregivers in cases in 5 different counties, and unfortunately seen a few well meaning caregivers get hammered because of that fact.

Also, watch how you word a transfer. You cannot sell an amount of marihuana; you can, however, charge a "service cost", "transfer fee", etc, anything but selling amount x for amount y is still illegal even if you are MM legal; it's all in the word play. Stay Safe!

I am glad to see you're looking out for what's best for the MMMA as a whole, though :). Many don't :(

I fully agree with you on all but one thing; what I did was legal and no shame should be attached to it. The law allows for P to P transfers in the definitions section. It doesn't say you have to be hidden or in a private location; to do it freely as though it was a common, OK, and legal thing to do is EXACTLY what we NEED to do.

Otherwise, as I've stated time and again, keeping it "on the down low" and "in the shadows" is what allows our detractors to say "It's wrong, even they are ashamed of it! They won't even do it in public!". If we comport ourselves in a positive manner and act as if it's a legal thing to do ( which it is, not unlike buying a six pack of poison at the Wesco ) then we take that away from them. If we continue to stay hidden, we will continue to be perceived as doing something wrong. It truly is that simple.

Scooter's OG.

Good to see your posts again Scooter, been a while. Wish I would have seen you at the rally to say hey. Please PM me, I would love to know how your case was decided.

Welcome to the political process gingr2fine!

careful

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-333-26424

-DN

EXACTLY, Nomad. I have been in court helping a few CGs, and they got charged with distribution because they transferred outside their registered patient base. It is not legal unless the CG is a patient as well.

Blueberry, you took that part of the statute out of context ( not intentionally, I'm certain ). It was referring to the CGs registered patients, not ANY registered patients. You have to read the law as a whole, and read the definitions VERY closely. The devil is in the details.

The Loft was awesome except for all the steps and the elevator was far away, I don't know where the elevator was or where it would have come to at the Loft. The stage was hard to get onto, and the audio seemed to echo all over, that mike was very sensitive, too, I had to get used to it. But besides all that the venue was good and the people were very kind. I wanted to play pool and pinball and wish I had just stayed instead of trying to go to the hotel and back again, it wore me out.

NOW if only someone would address the awning at the rally. Bb did you hear Michael's show last night? I wish we could talk for awhile.

Thanks for all you do.

Sincerely, Sb :)

Archived