Dea Licenses 55 Unnamed Big Pharma Pot Farms

http://medicalmarijuana.com/medical-marijuana-news/title.cfm?artID=91

Remember the saying, “It’s not paranoia if they’re really out to get you?” Well, is a conspiracy theory about Big Pharma takeover of medical marijuana still a conspiracy when you have evidence?

(East Bay Express) The Drug Enforcement Administration told Legalization Nation in an e-mail last week that 55 unnamed companies now hold licenses to grow cannabis in the United States, a fact that contradicts the widespread belief that there is only one legal pot farm in America, operated under the DEA for research purposes. It appears as if the upswing in federally approved pot farming is about feeding the need of pharmaceutical companies who want to produce a generic version of THC pill Marinol and at least one other cannabis-based pill for a wide variety of new uses.

In other words, if big corporations grow dope with the government and put it in a pill, it’s medicine. But if you grow it at home or at a city-permitted pot farm and then put it in a vaporizer, it’s a felony.

It’s a weird piece of news that comes at a strange and contradictory time for the drug war. As US attorneys send threatening letters to states and cities, including Oakland, warning them against “commercial cultivation” of marijuana, the DEA is quietly handing out licenses for commercial cultivation.

NORML’s Paul Armentano has informed us about the end of the patent on Marinol and how these drug companies want to create similar pills with THC extracted from natural sources rather than synthetic ones, which are more expensive. ”Natural sources” are raw cannabis plants, of course. Silly Stoners Against Legalization, it was never Big Tobacco you had to worry about from legalization of pot, it was Big Pharma you had to worry about from medicalization of pot.

Even in the source article on NORML, it says "not quite yet". there are 55 companies that can manufacture THC products, like Marinol, using organic compounds. Yet there is still 1 source.

As you can see it is not 55 Companies licensed to grow Cannabis, but rather to work with Cannabinoids and analogues. The story was all moo poo..-SamS

There was a time in the not too distant past when people didn't just think the government was working in the peoples interests, they knew it.

The scales have tipped toward greed and false promises now, is it any wonder people are willing to believe things like this, or that the CIA created crack and AIDS?

If we don't stop them now, medical marihuana will be a farce wherein the government will charge outrageous sums for sub-par medicine and no insurance of any type will pay for it. I am fighting this tooth and nail, and am putting my money where my mouth is. If we don't get down to serious business regarding exercising our voting and civil rights within 3 to 5 years medical marihuana will be in a sad state. We need to stop this dispensary nonsense and get control locally, one county at a time. There are many outdoor growers in my neck of the woods that can supply large amounts of top quality medicine at service costs far less than any dispensary, and I'm certain we aren't the only ones. In a few short years outdoor growers could supply the patients of Michigan with high quality medicine at prices anyone could afford while still giving terminal patients medicine free of charge. I now have the Gold Coast Caregivers Association up and running; we are a conglomerate of Caregivers who really do care and we discovered that we can make a living while not raping patients, taking advantage of the sick, and still giving away pounds of medicine to terminal patients. That's the way it should be, IMHO.

Archived