Growing In Cabinet

theNeptune

Looking for some opinions from what seems like people that do know what they are doing. I have very limited space and budget and was wondering if a cabinet grow like the size of a fridge would be able to yield enough to even make it worth the time and $$. I would have to use the one cabinet for both veg and flower so would be a full cycle each time.

thanks for your input

I used a cabinet I bought online when I first started. It is OK, but the nutes they give you to start are crap, and for the $2000+ investment, I could now build it for about 1/4 to 1/2 the price. Know your limitations and figure that using a approx 2x3 cabinet interior, I could only flower 2 small plants each time.

Having said that, with proper nutes, you should be able to yeild 2-3 oz per plant in there. Over 3 months assuming you come off clone that isn't great, but if your needs are low it might suffice.

My concern would be uninterrupted supply and having 3+ months between harvest I think would be real hard to do.

If you buy it online, I would say not worth it. But if you are really handy with tools, you could build one for less than $1000 and then I would say it is.

Plan on Hydro or Soil grow?

I have grown in a 3'X4' cabinet for years. Luckily I also have a small closet that I use for vegging. I don't grow trees, start flowering when the girls are 18-24" high, so I am able to cycle up to eight in the flowering cabinet. This cabinet was built from 3/4" plywood and 2X2 framing. It only cost me about $250 for the closet set up, add about $450 for other equipment, and it is relatively inexpensive. It is 6' tall, so I have plenty of overhead room to raise my lights. The plants are usually about 3 1/2' tall when they finish. I am able to provide for myself and the wife in this small space, plus have a bit left over to give to others in need. I have added a few fans, one incoming and 2 pulling air out (one thru the light, the other, thru an odor filter system (home made and very effective)). Of course, I don't get the yields that many folks here do, averaging about 2 oz. per plant, more than adequate for our needs... Peace ... j.b.

The plants are usually about 3 1/2' tall when they finish. I am able to provide for myself and the wife in this small space, plus have a bit left over to give to others in need. I have added a few fans, one incoming and 2 pulling air out (one thru the light, the other, thru an odor filter system (home made and very effective)). Of course, I don't get the yields that many folks here do, averaging about 2 oz. per plant, more than adequate for our needs... Peace ... j.b.

My experience exactly, however the one I bought online was built in a Sterlite shed. Added probably a couple hundred to it overall.

If your needs are low (I.E. not cooking much with it or making simpson oil) then it should work for 1-2 people. But you will want to get a veg closet as soon as you can to save that 2-3 weeks between harvest and flower.

I know most people don't like doing this but I have seen many online that will grow 12/12 from seed or clone. It usually ends up in a plant that is just like a big bud sicle. You could fit more in a small area like this. I am growing in a cabinet right now with a 400w HPS I have any inline fan pulling thru a carbon filter and exiting out the back. I have the whole thing lined with Mylar. I know its not the best way but for me it is working. I am chopping down a cali hash plant this week and I tink I will get 2oz off it.I have 1 plant about 2 weeks old from seed straight to 12/12 so I will see what happens and also 2 more just popping the surface. I also have no place to veg so this is the best I can do right now :(

I have grown in a 3'X4' cabinet for years. Luckily I also have a small closet that I use for vegging. I don't grow trees, start flowering when the girls are 18-24" high, so I am able to cycle up to eight in the flowering cabinet. This cabinet was built from 3/4" plywood and 2X2 framing. It only cost me about $250 for the closet set up, add about $450 for other equipment, and it is relatively inexpensive. It is 6' tall, so I have plenty of overhead room to raise my lights. The plants are usually about 3 1/2' tall when they finish. I am able to provide for myself and the wife in this small space, plus have a bit left over to give to others in need. I have added a few fans, one incoming and 2 pulling air out (one thru the light, the other, thru an odor filter system (home made and very effective)). Of course, I don't get the yields that many folks here do, averaging about 2 oz. per plant, more than adequate for our needs... Peace ... j.b.

nice to know that its doable I will be building everything from scratch and scrounge. I will probably try for hydro. 8 plants in 3x4??

I grew in an old fridge for about two years back in the day before marijuana was ever really known as medical marijuana. I also used an old deep freeze as a cloning area later on. The fridge I used had the frezer at the bottom, that was nice, and that is where I kept all my supplies and hid the electrical stuff.

I am sure some on here heard me talking about my PC grow :) Grew a couple purple jem lowryders in a computer case under 4 CFL's totally worked great and meds were much better than anyone on here would imagine. Not all trippy and wiped pain out real good.

My experience exactly, however the one I bought online was built in a Sterlite shed. Added probably a couple hundred to it overall.

If your needs are low (I.E. not cooking much with it or making simpson oil) then it should work for 1-2 people. But you will want to get a veg closet as soon as you can to save that 2-3 weeks between harvest and flower.

Well I'm going to start gathering stuff to gget this going. For a light do i need a 400 watt or would something like 250 work? budget is the main thing at least to get started. Hubby can build me what i ask for including putting togeather a hydro setup from scratch he says he has prety much every thing I'll need to get started. So what type of hrdyro setup would you recomend? I have been reading a little on the bubble bucket and it looks interesting to me. And how many plants should i plan to grow at one time is a 3x4 cabinet? right now use is around 1 1/2 - 2 oz a month and cant really aford that small amount so hopefully will be able to cover needs with a small discreet setup

Thanks to all for the input

Archived