A Petion You Might Want To Read And Sign, Then Pass On..

http://capwiz.com/drcnet/issues/alert/?alertid=49870501 On May 25, 2011, a bipartisan group of US Representatives introduced three new medical marijuana bills. H.R. 1983 would exempt people complying with state medical marijuana laws from federal arrest and prosecution. H.R. 1984 would protect banks accepting deposits made by medical marijuana dispensaries. And H.R. 1985 would allow the dispensaries to deduct business expenses on their federal taxes like any other business, putting an end to dozens of industry IRS audits already underway.

Checked this out and its great to see another org flooding Michigan lawmakers with letters. I sent mine off through the site ...hope everyone else does too. It's a contact your district leaders form that uses your zip code in order to contact your senator, congressman etc.

KEEP THE LETTERS FLOWING!

I agree this is a great idea.

I would suggest sending it from your personal email account and not from the robot. It may say the same thing (unless you take a few minutes and personalize it), but it looks better coming from Jane Q Public then it does from a robot.

I sent copies out too!

Here's the text I sent:

Please support new medical cannabis bills in Congress

On May 25, 2011, a bipartisan group of US congressmen introduced three new medical marijuana bills. H.R. 1983 would exempt people complying with state medical marijuana laws from federal arrest and prosecution. H.R. 1984 would protect banks accepting deposits made by medical marijuana dispensaries. And H.R. 1985 would allow the dispensaries to deduct business expenses on their federal taxes like any other business.

Please do all you can to pass these three important bills. It is unconscionable that in 2011, with public support well over 70% nationally, with more and more states enacting medical marijuana laws, and world leaders declaring the "War on Drugs" a complete failure and a great harm to humanity, our federal government continues to put patients in danger by threatening them with arrest and prosecution, forfeiture of their property, and in many instances causing the complete destruction family units.

Thank you for taking action on this important medical issue which is also an important issue of justice and the right of free people to make their own health care choices.

Archived