Lost Card....what Exactly Do I Do?

Where do I begin.....? I seem to have lost my wallet over the course of a day at work mowing 40 acres! What are the steps I need to take in order to obtain a replacement card? Do I have to resubmit an application with my doc approval small, just as I would for a renewal, or can I just send an app? Probably $10 for a reprint like the change address requires. I think I remember reading that somewhere. It is a bummer when this type of situation occurs, because the fear of someone finding it and going through my personal stuff, and the wrong person finding my card could cost me my job of 21 years...Worried to say the least! Cancelling credit cards was easy, but a real inconvenience! Help if u can!

From the page http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,1607,7-154-27417_51869_52140---,00.html

at the very bottom...

Question: What if my registry ID card was lost or stolen?

Answer: You would submit a signed statement attesting to the fact that your registry ID card has been lost or stolen (whichever applies) requesting a replacement card. Include your full name clearly written, copy of your identification, and $10.00 check or money order made payable to "State of Michigan-MMMP." Mail the statement and fee to:

Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

Medical Marihuana Registry

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Ok after you posted that cedarspringscg.. (thanks btw) i went to the link and found some discrepencies.. im very disturbed about.. the first is here under the question and answer part..

Question: I am too ill to grow my own medical marihuana. What can I do?

Answer: The MMMA provides for a system of designated caregivers. The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. The Department will issue a registry identification card to the caregiver who is named by a qualifying patient on his/her application. The Department may not issue a registry identification card to a proposed caregiver who has previously been convicted of a felony drug offense. The Department will verify through a background check with the Michigan State Police that the designated caregiver has no disqualifying felony drug conviction. A caregiver may receive reasonable compensation for services provided to assist with a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

Ok.. first of all.. I just looked at the caregivers attestation and the only agreement i made on there is that I would not be a caregiver to more than 5 patients.I am not a caregiver to more than 5 pts. but this paragraph says i have agreed to not provide marihuana to more than 5 pts.. this is a grey area and has been debated on here more than once.. but LARA is deliberately providing incorrect info.. anyway.. thats in supreme court right now right.. Maybe im just fussy but this seems wierd to me.. In my non lawyer head when i signed the caregiver attestation i was agreeing to not grow plants for more than 5 pts.. Anyone else find that odd?

Question: I am a valid medical marihuana patient under another state's law. Am I protected?

Answer: Yes, under Section 4(j) of the MMMA, a registry identification card or its equivalent issued by another state government to permit the medical use of marihuana by a qualifying patient or to permit a person to assist with a qualify patient's medical use of marihuana has the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the Department.

this was on there too.. fussy i am..

I think its meant to assure that you as a caregiver are aware that you may only cultivate and possess amounts allotted for 5 registered qualifying patients. You do agree to that, as stipulated in the law, correct? The part that kills me, is that the state is saying caregivers cannot get marihuana from any other source than the plants they grow, BUT check out this line on their website:

The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient

Thats straight from their website

Ok after you posted that cedarspringscg.. (thanks btw) i went to the link and found some discrepencies.. im very disturbed about.. the first is here under the question and answer part..

Question: I am too ill to grow my own medical marihuana. What can I do?

Answer: The MMMA provides for a system of designated caregivers. The caregiver can acquire 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and grow up to 12 marihuana plants for a qualifying patient. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver. The caregiver's name, address, birth date and social security number must be provided to the state at the time of a patient's registration. The Department will issue a registry identification card to the caregiver who is named by a qualifying patient on his/her application. The Department may not issue a registry identification card to a proposed caregiver who has previously been convicted of a felony drug offense. The Department will verify through a background check with the Michigan State Police that the designated caregiver has no disqualifying felony drug conviction. A caregiver may receive reasonable compensation for services provided to assist with a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

Ok.. first of all.. I just looked at the caregivers attestation and the only agreement i made on there is that I would not be a caregiver to more than 5 patients.I am not a caregiver to more than 5 pts. but this paragraph says i have agreed to not provide marihuana to more than 5 pts.. this is a grey area and has been debated on here more than once.. but LARA is deliberately providing incorrect info.. anyway.. thats in supreme court right now right.. Maybe im just fussy but this seems wierd to me.. In my non lawyer head when i signed the caregiver attestation i was agreeing to not grow plants for more than 5 pts.. Anyone else find that odd?

Yes hempchef.. You are correct.. and i do agree with that statement.. In my nonlawyer head i was agreeing to not grow more than the alloted plants for each pt and to not possess more usable MM than allowed by the law.. I strictly adhere to that.. the other part in the paragraph is an addon from LARA which i find offensive and a bold faced lie..

thanks annie! One of my favorite Rush songs :)

on another note (lol, ok, pun intended) im going to send you a pm, if memory serves were in the same area, gotta love the peaches :)

On a personal note hempchef.. I LOVE your signature and always notice it as it is one of my all time favorite quotes.. :-)

I hope you didn't take that as directed to you, :P I used the word "you" to identify the caregiver in a generic sense, hope i didn't offend ya :)

Yes hempchef.. You are correct.. and i do agree with that statement.. In my nonlawyer head i was agreeing to not grow more than the alloted plants for each pt and to not possess more usable MM than allowed by the law.. I strictly adhere to that.. the other part in the paragraph is an addon from LARA which i find offensive and a bold faced lie..

The caregiver must sign a statement agreeing to provide marihuana only to the qualifying patients who have named the individual as their caregiver

First, LARA did make changes to the FAQ, lots of them. I mean a visiting patient, if a CG can't assist anyone not registered, where and how do they get any to medicate with? Well I guess other patients.

Anyway, when LARA took over, it became clear that Snyder/Jones/Schuette, one of them or all of them put their spin on things. That part is not in the law anywhere, and the form they are using does not list it. What to watch out for is that they may change the form.

What they are doing is unconstitutional and I really hope they get smacked down by the supreme court, however with the conservative judges we have, I am not holding my breath.

Archived