Rso And Stomach Problems

I asked PB and BH in another thread about a PT I have using RSO. Here is some history, as I didn't want to hijack or detract from the other thread more than I already had.

Hey PB or Bud Habit--

My PT on RSO has started complaining of stomach pain. She is taking it sometimes on an empty stomach. Do you have any PT's that complain of this? I dont' know if it is the RSO or her condition that is causing it. She is on about 1/4 gr daily now and trying to move up. She takes about .1gr 4 times a day.

thanks

Cedar

I know a pt that puts a little honey on a spoon with the RSO,honey is full of b-vitamins and soothes their tummy while going down. just a thought.....

Might try this:

Mix some hemp seed oil to some Simpson oil. About 50/50.

Put it into capsules.

If you use 1ml Simpson and hemp seed oil then pull the mix into a new syringe.

Take a empty capsule half, the long half, and put the tip of the syringe into the capsule. Inject enough fluid until the level of fluid almost touches the tip. That should be about 250 mg of the mix. 125mg Simpson with 125mg hemp seed oil.

The hemp seed oil will help the cannabinoid receptors take in the cannabinoids.

That may be easier on the tummy also.

I think I should back up a little. Talk to me about the oil. Was it from bud or leaf? Solvent?

The RSO was from leaf. But it was extremely frosty sugar leaf, no fan leaves, and some smaller buds. These leaves were better and more potent than the buds I used to see before the MMMA passed. I wasn't sure about RSO at the time, so I didn't want to waste really good bud on a test. I now love the stuff.

99% IPA solvent. 5 oz of leaf made 12g of RSO. I washed it just as instructed, put it in a bucket, pour over solvent and mash with a stick for about 3 minites, strain it all off into another container, then rewash with fresh solvent 3 minutes, mashed with a stick. Looked like slightly green tinted gasoline. Strain through coffee filters (man that took forever) then boil.

I boiled it down until it was thick adding about 10 drops of water at the end, and then left it on a coffee cup warmer for about 2 hours in a metal measuring cup, until there was nothing left moving. No foam, no bubbles, just a thick liquid like hot molasses. It formed a thick tar like grease when cool, amber in color, and looks almost exactly like the results from the Youtube videos of Rick doing it.

It has been stored in a drawer, kept cool and dark mostly. It is about a month old now, but looks and acts exactly the same as when I made it. We have gone through about 1/2 of it.

Because my patient has struggled with her disease for so long without even knowing what it was, she hasn't stopped taking all of the medications the Dr's put her on. She did significantly reduce the pain killers, but has kept up on the Sodium Cromolyn liquid 4 times a day. Don't ask me what Sodium Cromolyn is, its a clear liquid that supposedly tastes like crap. Several other pills as well.

She thinks it may be an ulcer, and has stopped the RSO capsules for now. I have her smoking some MMJ j's with a line of RSO in them to keep her tolerance up for when I can get her back on the capsules. Man those are hard to make, get a little RSO outside of the paper and it sticks to EVERYTHING!

Thank you so much guys for helping me troubleshoot this. It may not be the RSO, but I would love someone who is an expert on this to weigh in on it.

Cedar

Guest Happy Guy

None of my RSO patients complain of a stomach ache. If I were you I would try a different batch of RSO and see if the problem persists. Try a longer wash too. 3 minutes doesn't extract anywhere near all of what a patient could use. I wash for 8 hours to get the best return.

I thought the idea of the short wash was to dissolve the resin off of the outside of the plant, while not extracting any of the plant material or cholorphyll. 8 hour wash would be definitely Hemp oil, but completely not RSO. Any complaints of contipation? What solvent do you use HG?

I do believe that it has nothing to do with the RSO, except for the fact that it may in fact be curing her. But I would like some more opinions from RSO and hemp oil people.

Cedar

RSO should not cause any stomach pain, there is nothing in it that is irritating. Constipation is a different story. RSO acts as a antispasmodic and can slow down the intestinal tract. Since RSO regulates the gut, I think constipation is rare, but can happen. I know a number of people who use it to stop diarrhea and gut spasms.

Guest Happy Guy

You are only scaping the surface when you quick wash. You leave over half of the active ingredients in the waste. These wasted active ingredients are essential to the medicine. When you quick wash it's like what you get from smoking as opposed to vaping. I have experimented with oil from all time periods of washing. After 8 hours you do not gain much. Anything less than 8 hours of hot washing comes up short. That is why they make the isomerizers the way they do. They had the process figured out in the 70's.

I use 99.9 ISO alcohol. I make sure the solvent is totally gone from the finished medicine.

I have had no reports of constipation. I always advise my patients to eat a lot of fruit and be as active as possibly.

Guest Happy Guy

Happy Guy oil is made with a long wash.

Simpson oil is made with a quick wash.

No. I take no credit. I want no credit. What I do was patented back in the 70's. I just follow the instructions. Then I carefully try it out and take notes, being very careful not to stilt the results.

Guest Happy Guy

When I learned that the process was already perfected back in the 70's, it made me wonder why Rick acts like he just thought it up. It's not new at all. He just made it seem new again. He's a great promoter, not an inventer.

I know one patient that has problems with a rare condition in which cannabis causes stomach pain.

This is a result that ignores consumption method. He has the pain from either eating or smoking.

What we found out is that the impact is strain dependent. One strain will cause the effect and another doesn't.

Guest Happy Guy

Happy Guy oil could produce a better result. That has yet to be determined.

Meanwhile, lets not get the two mixed up.

You will get a more complete medicine, and not waste all those active ingredients, if you take your time and do a small amount for a longer time. Of that I am sure.

When I learned that the process was already perfected back in the 70's, it made me wonder why Rick acts like he just thought it up. It's not new at all. He just made it seem new again. He's a great promoter, not an inventer.

There is a possibility that he is an accidental inventor. That he stumbled into something by way of some minute detail of the way he does things.

I don't want to lose something by "improving" the method. I have a series of testing that I need to get done to determine this one way or the other.

I've insisted in calling this Rick Simpson hemp oil for years now. This is the reason that I've insisted on doing that. Rick doesn't think the label is warranted. He himself agrees with you.

I don't agree .. the man has done something wonderful and deserves credit.

Guest Happy Guy

There is a possibility that he is an accidental inventor. That he stumbled into something by way of some minute detail of the way he does things.

I don't want to lose something by "improving" the method. I have a series of testing that I need to get done to determine this one way or the other.

I've insisted in calling this Rick Simpson hemp oil for years now. This is the reason that I've insisted on doing that. Rick doesn't think the label is warranted. He himself agrees with you.

I don't agree .. the man has done something wonderful and deserves credit.

Like I said, it was patented back in the 70's. Simple as a coffee pot. It was probably first invented thousands of years ago. Rick is a good promoter/follower. I too honor him by referencing the oil as RSO.

Guest Happy Guy

Much of the "improved" yield of a long wash is plant material and not cannabinoids. Not saying that plant material is not healthy, but maybe you will need more than a gram of the diluted oil to cure cancer. Who knows?

I have news for you, it is ALL plant material. Like I said earlier, I have tried range of wash times starting with just 3 minutes and extending it to 12 hours. 8 hours is optimum for the results most patients want. Until you do the research, please do not speculate. There are a lot of variables to consider like strain, prep, finishing techniques, the list goes on and on. Saying a longer wash just gives you non active ingredients has been proven wrong with my process and my patients. Of course, any process can be made to fail. I'm telling you about success with the long wash technique. My results point to a terrible waste with a short wash.

I have news for you, it is ALL plant material. Like I said earlier, I have tried range of wash times starting with just 3 minutes and extending it to 12 hours. 8 hours is optimum for the results most patients want. Until you do the research, please do not speculate. There are a lot of variables to consider like strain, prep, finishing techniques, the list goes on and on. Saying a longer wash just gives you non active ingredients has been proven wrong with my process and my patients. Of course, any process can be made to fail. I'm telling you about success with the long wash technique. My results point to a terrible waste with a short wash.

Success .. please elaborate. What do call success?

Well I can not argue with the divine. You must have omnipresence to know I have not done my research.

You were a much happier guy in mmma 1.0. Now you spend most your time being a devil's advocate, to each is their own.

Guest Happy Guy

Well I can not argue with the divine. You must have omnipresence to know I have not done my research.

You were a much happier guy in mmma 1.0. Now you spend most your time being a devil's advocate, to each is their own.

What method did you use for your 8 hour wash? I'm interested to hear about it. Sorry if I assumed you didn't do it. I haven't read anything you said about it. Did I miss it?

Edited by Happy Guy

Guest Happy Guy

Success .. please elaborate. What do call success?

I can explain it like this;

When I did a short wash, the results of the oil were more like smoking buds than eating edibles. As I washed longer, the patients get more of the benefits you get from medibles and not so much of the high you get from smoking. It's not an exact analogy but it should give you an idea of the difference.

Edited by Happy Guy

I know one patient that has problems with a rare condition in which cannabis causes stomach pain.

This is a result that ignores consumption method. He has the pain from either eating or smoking.

What we found out is that the impact is strain dependent. One strain will cause the effect and another doesn't.

Hmm, how rare? An orphan disease that affects less than 10,000 in the US? That's what my PT is dealing with. She doesn't get any pain from smoking. And like I said, we can't directly correlate it with the RSO. She's been off it for about 4 days now and still is having problems.

Do you see anything wrong with my procedure?

Long wash and short wash, they are different methods providing different results. Short wash takes more off the outside of the plant, and less of the inside. When you long wash, you might get more alternate cannabinoids, resulting in a less THC concentrated oil. If the THC is what you think is going for as a cure, then a short wash is optimal. If you are looking for pain relief or something like that, longer washes can produce a less THC contracted extract, with possible higher concentrations of other cannabinoids. They are both Hemp extract.

I know mine is high in both. Just a smear inside a gel cap that can't even be weighed on a .1g gem scale will reduce my pain for up to 48 hours, meaning that it has plenty of alternate cannabinoids for anti-inflamatory effects and pain relief. I also know that the high you get off of mine can last more than 10 hours, meaning it is pretty high in the THC department.

So, let's all be adults here, different methods are OK. There is no reason to say one is better than the other. A corvette is not better than a Jeep. They both get you from point a to point b. A jeep will do it better off road, a vette will do it better on-road, but neither of them is perfect. Really that's what you guys are arguing here. Since my orginal post has nothing to do with curing cancer or any specific ailment, but rather side effects of RSO in a short wash, let's NOT discuss which way is better for which condition.

I am sure all of our Hemp Extract is great for certain conditions. But the situation is, I have a short wash RSO method of oil and a patient with problems. I am trying to rule out the RSO as a cause of these issues or find ways to alleviate the problems.

If I can prove this works for this patient, I am pretty sure I can get the organization for this disease to gather donations for more research, and advertising, and it is going to be f$^&ing huge. They have lobbyists, and no known cure for this. They use chemotherapy to knock back the symptoms, meaning patients with this, need to undergo Chemo every 1-5 years, and there is no cure at all. They have to do that for the rest of their lives. If any sort of hemp oil can actually keep them out of Chemo, or even cure this, there are some really wealthy people that will be very interested in the results. This can effect all of us, and they can use their political power to help push changing MMJ from a Schedule 1 to a schedule 3 or 4. If I can get this to break, and trust me I will make news with it, it could be a huge help for getting the Paul/Frank bill to pass federally.

Get this, There are less than 10,000 people in the US with this disease. Of that, only about 7% have the rarest form that my PT is dealing with, or less than 700 people. Yet it is big enough that they have 2 centers that deal with it and several organizations that donate to its research. Christopher Reeves had a mild form of it.

I can explain it like this;

When I did a short wash, the results of the oil were more like smoking buds than eating edibles. As I washed longer, the patients get more of the benefits you get from medibles and not so much of the high you get from smoking. It's not an exact analogy but it should give you an idea of the difference.

Not the results about the oil, but results for the patients.

Were you able to get therapeutic benefits or just symptom relief?

Hmm, how rare? An orphan disease that affects less than 10,000 in the US? That's what my PT is dealing with. She doesn't get any pain from smoking. And like I said, we can't directly correlate it with the RSO. She's been off it for about 4 days now and still is having problems.

Do you see anything wrong with my procedure?

Procedure looked good.

Any chance the source material has any mold?

Something that I've also noticed is a taste of dish soap, from time to time.

I'm thinking that the grower was spraying with neam oil for pests.

no mold at all. I am sure of that. It was put on drying racks as soon as harvested and dried out with a dehumidifier in the room. There hasn't been one complaint from the bud either.

I did use some Azamax about week 4 of 8, but I washed it all down really well with water after and regular mistings. The Azamax at 4 weeks out should have been all absorbed/gone by that point. No taste of dish soap, this has a nice fruity taste to it. Ask thequietone, he tried the bud. The only thing he said was it tasted a little salty, but not bad. Seeing as how it is hydro, that's not suprising. The oil itself has a sprite taste/smell to it. Almost a sweet lemon/lime when heated.

AzaMax is a natural product with a broad spectrum of pest control and broad plant applications. AzaMax is made from special Azadirachtin Technical extracted using patented extraction technology from Neem, a tree known for it’s innumerable benefits. AzaMax contains Azadirachtin A&B as active ingredients and more than 100 limonoids from it’s special technology. The special feature of AzaMax is that it does not use hard chemical solvents and uses food grade formulation ingredients. AzaMax is licensed in all 50 states.

AzaMax is an antifeedant and insect growth regulator and controls pests through starvation and growth disruption. AzaMax effectively controls spider mites, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, whiteflies, leaf miners, worms, beetles, leafhoppers, scales, mealy bugs, nematodes and other soil borne pests. Best of all, AzaMax can be applied up to the time or day of harvest. The product is exempted from residue tolerance, thus there is no harmful residue on veggies, fruits, herbs and flowers etc. Truly, AzaMax is a product of Nature in tune with Technology.

Edited by CedarSpringsCG