Need A Little Help In Identifying My Problem

Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while now and decided to try out the bubble bucket(and lucas method for nutrients) on some bag seed as i start to build my grow room. I know this isn't the best plan but it's what i have available until i can save up some money for some good equipment and genetics.

I'm using a T5 fixture that i had from an old Saltwater fish tank, got new grow bulbs for it. Light fixture is approximately 10-12 inches away from the plants. Air temperature is about 74-76 (it's in the basement). Mixed nutrients according to the Lucas method tutorial on this site with RO water. Water PH is about 6.2.

Anyway I'm about 1 week into veg and I noticed some light green areas on some leaves the other night and when i woke up the next morning I walked in and saw this.

gallery_23368_958_1124871.jpg

I'm thinking this a nutrient deficiency/ lockout issue, but I'm having trouble identifying it more precisely than that and coming up with a fix. I immediately changed re-mixed new water and moved the plants. New growth looked good, but i noticed some more light green areas when i got home today and am worried this will happen again :(

You guys seem to be a helpful bunch so I came to you first.

Sorry my first post is asking for help... I'll try to actually make some worthwhile posts in the future.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

what kind of bug is on my plant..it's red round and only on the stalk..

found a couple on the stalk a month ago killed them and havent seen them untill today

four of them on the stalk at top of plant..they look kind of waxie..could they be mealy bugs..

Try cutting your RO water with some tap water, like 25% tap. Often that is enough cal/mag.

tap won't add mag to the mix... and usually only adds calcium carbonate to the mix, not the most usable for growing... just an fyi.

but agreed w Q... looks like early mag def that popped up, perhaps due to pH issues or simple stress at transplant... something temporarily hindered uptake of whatever. all u'r newer growth looks good... no signs of nute burn bro, so don't cut back u'r feeds for sure. peace.

i'll throw in my two cents too,lol..i agree that it looks like a low cal/mag issue,,i'd flush,feed,use cal/mag plus,a little super thrive...depending on what stage of growth they're at too..week 4 or 10,,they can chew up a lot of nurts sometimes,but i think you're on the right track..bp

tap won't add mag to the mix... and usually only adds calcium carbonate to the mix, not the most usable for growing... just an fyi.

but agreed w Q... looks like early mag def that popped up, perhaps due to pH issues or simple stress at transplant... something temporarily hindered uptake of whatever. all u'r newer growth looks good... no signs of nute burn bro, so don't cut back u'r feeds for sure. peace.

Get a water quality report for your area. Mine showed no cal/mag - and little chorine and Chloromine.

Well water can have minerals like calcium and magnesium - and there you can overdose a plant with cal/mag.

DN

Archived