G13 From Dr Greenthumb Grow Journal

Wanted to start this on the 1st but I germinated the seed 3 days ago, soaking it in distilled water for about 6 hours then to the wet paper towel as per docs instructions . I don't like adding any nutrients though. There was a tap root the next day.

Tomorrow it will go into a General Hydroponics Waterfarm with an added 4 inch air stone for DWC under T5 lighting.

I will post them tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: I use waterfarms too, and it's been so long I've grown anything from seed I'm a little nervous about how to go direct from a spouting seed (some Endless Sky I'm waiting for KingDiamond to finish reporting on, lol) to the waterfarm. In the past I've always grown the seeds in soil, then taken clones to use in the waterfarm. I'd like to try skipping the soil cycle this time. I was considering sticking the sprouted seed into a rapid rooter until root growth appeared, then sticking that in the waterfarm.

Did you just stick the sprouted seed directly into the waterfarm?

Question: I use waterfarms too, and it's been so long I've grown anything from seed I'm a little nervous about how to go direct from a spouting seed (some Endless Sky I'm waiting for KingDiamond to finish reporting on, lol) to the waterfarm. In the past I've always grown the seeds in soil, then taken clones to use in the waterfarm. I'd like to try skipping the soil cycle this time. I was considering sticking the sprouted seed into a rapid rooter until root growth appeared, then sticking that in the waterfarm.

Did you just stick the sprouted seed directly into the waterfarm?

HEY! <_<

I am doing my best i admit my first run was a complete disaster but my latest girls are flourishing and looking great i will be updating my journal shortly. :thumbsu:

I did put the seed in rockwool . I'll take pencil or something and poke a hole , then put the seed in the enlarged hole. I 'll take a little piece of the rockwool and thin it out to the size of a piece of paper and put it over the hole. The G13 poked out the next t day . Once I saw leaves i put it in the Waterfarm .

I did put the seed in rockwool . I'll take pencil or something and poke a hole , then put the seed in the enlarged hole. I 'll take a little piece of the rockwool and thin it out to the size of a piece of paper and put it over the hole. The G13 poked out the next t day . Once I saw leaves i put it in the Waterfarm .

Thanks for the info BM. Was it something like a 1.5 inch rockwool plug? And did you put the seed in tap root up or down?I'm assuming either way the root did not extend out the bottom of the plug initially? Once you put the sprouted seed in the plug did you immediatly put it in the waterfarm, or did you wait until roots had appeared thru the plug?

Thanks for all the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived