Who Knows You Have An Mm Card?

Jang

Hey guys i am new to this sight and new to medical marijuana. I was wondering when you get your medical marijuana card who knows about it? Do they give your name and address to the police so they can monitor you? I am just kinda scared with everything that has been going down lately, seeing people getting busted on the forums pages for doing nothing wrong (supposedly...) How are these people getting busted? are they getting complaints filed against them by neighbors? I am just trying to avoid the mistakes i have seen others make... Thanks everybody i look forward to hearing your answers!

if things are handled correctly per our law currently, the people that would know are,

you, anyone you deal with obviously (after having the card)

your Dr. and the MDCH Registry employees.

other than that, no one else should know, or be able to find out you are a participant unless you show them your card.

the best advice i can give.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

oh and finally KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED AND SHUT UP.

the old adage lose lips sinks ships is old, but still very true today.

There is pending legislation allowing the police access to this information. Don't know the status of this but it sounds pretty bad to me.

The feds have sued the State of Michigan to get access to this inofrmation in 6 or so specfic cases they were investigating.

Beyond that, it is actually a crime right now for MDCH to release any information on the cardholder registry.

OK there is some iffy stuff going on in my township and nothing is very clear and nobody seems to have any answers so I just wanted to make sure law enforcement wasn't going to randomly come knocking and come up with some bull and confiscate my plants... question, do they just take the plants or do they take everything (lights fans etc?) I am well within the law so it shouldn't be a problem but I wanna know all the quirks before I get involved

common reasons for being busted at home -

1. neighbor complaint (being a bad neighbor? many come and go traffic? smell like dank? got stuff in plain view?)

2. loud noise (for some reason this is the common thing officers write in their reports)

3. you sold to someone who rats you out

4. outdoor grows in view

otherwise most LEO do not bother patients who keep their meds at home.

DN

1. No Tell
  2. No Smell
  3. No Sell

A lot of people take those as the 3 Big Rules of how to avoid trouble. I've found that to work well on a small scale, but not as well as your grow and list of patients expands.

I've been anonymous, and I've had people watching me and looking for opportunities to rip me off. I prefer anonymous.

ok is it any different for a caregiver card? i have an uncle i would like to help out as well...

The only difference is if you end up being your Uncle's caregiver, your address will be accessible through his paperwork and card. You can have a PO Box for your mailing address as a caregiver, so consider this.

If your Uncle loses his card or gets a photocopy of it at a dispo or the such, your address is out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Not directed at anyone in particular, I just want to say that I often see new patients and caregivers on here asking basic questions that everyone needs to know BEFORE they even consider becoming either. "now that I have my card, how many plants can I have?" for instance. Last night a very nice old dude that needs and wants a card says to me "oh, I can't get a card, they won't let me keep my HAZMAT license. They do a background check." oh my. Please friends, be honest with your friends about the ups and downs. And you are right about loose lips!

HAZMAT and DOT follow federal rules, so if they test positive, they have no defense. For them to test positive due to the sensitive nature of their license they could be charged with professional misconduct or malfeasance.

So, yes - they cannot access the MDCH database to find out who is a cardholder, but some jobs will make it a crime or civil penalty to lie about drug use. Example, a police officer, an airline pilot, a gasoline tanker driver, or hazardous materials hauler.

DN

OK there is some iffy stuff going on in my township and nothing is very clear and nobody seems to have any answers so I just wanted to make sure law enforcement wasn't going to randomly come knocking and come up with some bull and confiscate my plants... question, do they just take the plants or do they take everything (lights fans etc?) I am well within the law so it shouldn't be a problem but I wanna know all the quirks before I get involved

Post a "Restricted Area" sign on the door of your grow. It warns LEO to contact the justice and notify them that this is a medical grow. It has your registry #s and the MDCH phone #s. LEO is to call and verify those #s. It warns LEO that they cannot seize or damage a legal grow.

It should be posted around here somewhere...

DN

Archived