How Do You Know Your The Only Cg Your Patient Has Signed With

Really?I dont think that is true, I believe the state is obligated somewhere to send a notice,they just arent, there probably so backed up that they dont even notice these things hence why you dont get a letter.could be anything.How is it the state isnt supposed to accept paperwork from a caregiver, as in I cant mail it in?My name and info are on those papers too, and I sign one of them, so why cant I send in the paperwork from my house?I dont see what difference it makes.

If you read the "General Information about the Program"

You must be a Michigan resident to be a registered patient in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP).

There is an application fee to register for the MMMP. The fee cannot be waived, although it can be reduced under certain circumstances.

You must have a qualifying debilitating medical condition as listed on the Attending Physician's Statement.

The MMMP cannot supply you with seeds or starter plants, or give you advice on how to grow medical marihuana.

Your physician must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) licensed to practice in Michigan. You must have an established patient/physician relationship with your "attending physician." Other licensed health professionals such as Chiropractors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners cannot sign the documentation.

The MMMP cannot refer you to a physician. The MMMP does not have a physician referral list.

You, or your designated primary caregiver, may grow your marihuana. There is no place in the state of Michigan to legally purchase medical marihuana.

The MMMP cannot find a designated primary caregiver for you. The MMMP does not keep a referral list of persons who want to be caregivers for patients. (You are not required to list a caregiver unless you are less than 18 years old.)

Your caregiver cannot be your physician.

If you decide to change your caregiver, it is your responsibility to notify him or her that he or she is no longer protected under the law. The MMMP does not communicate directly with caregivers.

The MMMP will only speak directly with the patient. All written requests to release information must be signed and dated by the patient. The MMMP will not accept written or verbal requests for information from your caregiver or any other person without your permission.

The Act neither protects marihuana plants from seizure nor individuals from prosecution if the federal government chooses to take action against patients or caregivers under the federal Controlled Substances Act.

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_51869_52137---,00.html

As a caregiver, your contract is with the patient, not the State. The patient, on the other hand has a contract with the State, therefore the patient is the only person the State has to deal with.

You should also read in the Rules: R 333.119 Changes in status; notifications; requirements.

Rule 19. (1) In order to update registry information for a qualifying

patient or primary caregiver, the registered qualifying patient, registered

primary caregiver, or registered qualifying patient's parent or legal

guardian, as applicable, is responsible for notifying the department of a

change in any of the following:

(a) The registered qualifying patient's name.

(b) The registered qualifying patient's address.

© The registered qualifying patient's primary caregiver.

(d) The registered qualifying patient's legal guardian.

(2) The department may notify a registered primary caregiver by certified

mail at the address of record within 14 days of any changes in status

including, but not limited to, both of the following:

(a) The registered qualifying patient's termination of the individual's

status as primary caregiver or designation of another individual as the

registered primary caregiver.

(b) The end of eligibility for the registered qualifying patient to hold a

registry identification card.

(3) If the department is notified by a registered qualifying patient that

the registered primary caregiver for the patient has changed, the department

may notify the initial primary caregiver by certified mail at the address of

record that the caregiver's registry identification card is null and void and

of no effect.

(4) If a registered qualifying patient's certifying physician notifies the

department in writing that the patient has ceased to suffer from a

debilitating medical condition, the department shall notify the patient

within 14 days of receipt of the written notification that the patient's

registry identification card is null and void and of no effect.

Sounds to me like the department can choose not to notify, just as the patient can choose not to.

notification of deciding to grow for themselves (plant custody) or changing CGs.

its good to put anything discussed into a contract.

if you agree to 1/2 free every month, baring a lost crop ect...

any thing over that is xxx reimbursement per xxx amount of medications.

if you offer oil, or medibles, put details of that. anything pertinent to the CG/PT relationship you are setting up.

NOTHING MORE! both people sign and date in the presence of each other. verify card is not exp ect......

Archived