Cloning And Legal Numbers

Guest animal1x

im curious why if your only allowed 12 plants why on the earth would you flower 11 of them, if you was absolutely the worst grower in history your on hand medication will be way over your 2.5 on hand, i think that is the better question , not how many you can grow at once. cause on hand meds will get you in just as much trouble as another 11 clones. which will count as twice your plant count. JMHO however the idea is to space out the flowering plants, if your not already doing it. and as each cycle harvests then you rpelace those with new clones.

air layering is SIMPLE. scrape stalk, same as cutting. apply cloning gel, same as cutting. place rooting cube around scraped/gelled area, same as cutting. moisten with clonex solution, same as cutting. keep moist, same as cutting.

seems to me all your changing is trading scissors for tin foil(block out light,keep in moisture) and a little hand watering.

seems simple enough

well be safe, and learn fast, over count either with plants or meds, is over count. now with that said if you want any help or questions feel free to pm me. I have a perpetual grow thats been going well for a couple years now.

air layering is SIMPLE. scrape stalk, same as cutting. apply cloning gel, same as cutting. place rooting cube around scraped/gelled area, same as cutting. moisten with clonex solution, same as cutting. keep moist, same as cutting.

seems to me all your changing is trading scissors for tin foil(block out light,keep in moisture) and a little hand watering.

seems simple enough

Just a question, but wouldn't the "intent" be the same with air layering, as with regular cloning? I would trust it more, but still not fully you intend for it to be a plant just as much as any other clone, I believe you would be alot safer, but still not completely safe. Not trying to say you're wrong thats just my thoughts.

Thank you Willy. I may very well take you up on that. Right now, things are going fairly well, knock on wood, but with the way my luck goes in the garden, any garden, things could go south at any time. LOL

I hear ya .. been down that road before.

for myself. i rotate 2 in, 2 out every 30 days.

have 2 to 4 in veg, a few cuts and 4/6 in flower. each month give or take two are harvested, 2 are moved into flower, 2 cuts are taken. if your a decent gardener, you could supply your needs unless you have a heavy dosage with just one every month in many cases. im still refining my op, but as it gets better, im finding i have to cut back on the rotation amount to maintaine finished limits without too much additional work.

I don't know how safe it is in terms of legalities, as I have heard people have been charged having cuttings counted as plants. I have done quite a bit of expiermentation, and small cuttings can be kept in a cup of water in the refrigerator for a long time and still rooted later. I have kept cuttings 60 days in the dark @ 36 degrees and had 100% success rooting them.

It makes me feel more secure than being over count having rooted cuttings.

Correct - Michigan CSA goes by "intent, manufacturing" - it does not matter if you suck at manufacturing clones - if you have 20 dead clones, it was still 20 attempts you tried to manufacture the plant. It does not matter the debate 'is it a plant' - other state laws might have interpetations on when is a plant a plant, but in michigan it is your intention and overt acts you took to complete the crime. A cutting wrapped in papertowel in the refrigerator could be hard to prove you intended to keep it to clone, or make it into 'useable material' - but stick that cutting in a cube and place it under lights - its pretty clear you intended to manufacture another plant - so if you have 12 plants already, its evidence of 13 plants. So a tissue culture is what - a piece of plant material? Is it useable material and its tiny weight will count toward your 2.5oz? Or is it 'intent to manufacture (1) one plant, and counts toward your plant count?

Again, if people learn to grow marijuana to its potential, they don't need to have the full 12 plant count at once. If you are just starting out, start with a few clones of several strains. You will pick a mother, or clone from a vegging plant before it goes to flower. I do not keep a mother plant, but clone from vegging plants. Then in the veg or flower room, you are best not to have a crowded room, plants like space - if you keep a happy plant, your yields will be good!

To be within your legal weight - you don't want to be stuck with 12 plants to harvest, you want to time the plants to harvest a month a part - so you will have time to dry a rack full of buds before you cut down the next plant. An overcrowded drying room is what kills months worth of hardwork - moldy buds. Also if you have 12 plants to trim - you might not do a great job - since its alot of work! Time your grow so when you cut down a flowering plant, a vegged plant is at the right height to take its place. A clone will be transplanted to a 1 gallon pot at the same time. A cutting is taken from the vegged plant just before it goes in to flower - as you want to crop that plant anyways. All this can be done with 9 plants - 3 clones 3 vegging 3 flowering.

anyways...

DN

Dn, aren't mere possession of cannabis seeds "intent"?

I know stems, seeds are not counted against you. My question is why not?

Are seeds not the provider of plants to begin with? If I spray my plants with silver to get female seeds, am I not intending to eventually grow those seeds?

Sorry for so many questions. I had hoped tissue cultures would help me store exact genetic representations of my mothers without having to actually grow a clone/plant. As most people know seeds are not exact replicas of the mother. Anyone having a preferred variety who has lost it should be able to sympathize. So how can you store exact replicas without actually growing them? Only way I've found yet is through the use of tissue culture. Any othe ideas?

Dn, aren't mere possession of cannabis seeds "intent"?

I know stems, seeds are not counted against you. My question is why not?

Are seeds not the provider of plants to begin with? If I spray my plants with silver to get female seeds, am I not intending to eventually grow those seeds?

Sorry for so many questions. I had hoped tissue cultures would help me store exact genetic representations of my mothers without having to actually grow a clone/plant. .... sympathize. So how can you store exact replicas without actually growing them? Only way I've found yet is through the use of tissue culture. Any othe ideas?

What about tissue cultures? Do they count? I've been told they can lay dormant for years Any truth to that?

It is the OVERT actions you take with the seeds that makes a manufacturing charge - seeds kept in a airtight, dry container are obviously being stored. The MMMACT says that seeds and stalks are not considered USEABLE MATERIAL. So they are nothing at that point. The MMMACT allows you to possess seeds and stalks. Tissue Cultures in storage are parts of stems.

Put the seeds in wet paper towel, put the seeds in a dixie cup on a heating pad - you are getting into evidence that you are intending to manufacture a PLANT. Each seed can be counted as a plant - as that was your intention. Put that tissue culture in a agar dish, place it in a heating chamber - you are intending to make that tissue a plant.

Again, the tissue culture is it "Stems and seeds extempt by the MMMACT?" or is it a part of production evidenced by tools to manufacture a plant? You said its in storage, so I say you got "stems and seeds exempt". The problem is - there are very few cases where a defendant had tissue cultures - most cases were seeds, clones, and plants.

DN

I personally would feel pretty comfortable that tissue culture cuts I had in storage would not be counted as plants. if they show this piece of tissue culture to a jury 5 or 6 months after the fact, and tell them this is one of the plants they are charging you with, I don't think it would go over very well. In my opinion it is no more than a seed. I keep small cuts in the refrigerator for rooting later as the need arises, and I am pretty comfortable with this too.

Ultimately, as you said you need to research and form your own opinion and make your own decision. Certainly don't take any advice from anyone who is not qualified to give it. For myself, I never plan on having more than my legal limit growing at any given time. I do like to have back-up for my genetics though, and having a mother plant for every strain I grow does not work well. I have a couple patients who use extremely high quantities of medication, and it is almost impossible for me to stay within my weight limits.

I do stay under my limit, but it requires lots of extra work. I have to harvest often, harvest portions of plants instead of the whole plant, and transfer meds to my patients regularly.

Archived